nutrition help.

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Miyanc, Jan 31, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Miyanc

Miyanc New Member

I feel like a plastic bag in the wind. Never settled, always feel like I am moving, tossed from side to side and without clear direction.

This is my first post. Although only recently diagnosed with Meniere's (which is not in the site spell check ) I guess I have been dealing with it my entire life. My father was misdiagnosed and now I have been given the classification but have been dealing with the symptoms for 11 years. It wasn't until my hearing went that they officially gave me the mm. I am sure I will be putting my .02 cents in at various other spots in this forum, but for now I need to work on me.

I have been taking John of Ohio's vitamins. I have also been taking my peepee pills ( really not sure the name I am sure I could look it up but as anyone who takes it knows it make us pee). I have been on and off the wagon of good eating. Like any other diet, exercise or something good for you that you really don't want to do, I find myself falling back into bad habits. I find the greatest vice to be food. Good tasting, cheap and easy normally feed me more then healthy or low sodium.

So here is my question... Does anyone know of a way to completely submit to a complete diet. I am not asking for willpower advised. I am referring to the logistics. I mean a complete meal plan. Full lists of daily meals with snacks. Something that takes into account variety and portability. I have tried to get an appointment with a nutritionist( maybe I just need to try harder), but they all seam to be geared towards things like diabetics. I have asked for my Dr. to get a referral only for nothing to turn up.

I am willing to try anything once. I was once a picky eater but have grown tremendously ( yes in lbs as well) in things I am willing to eat. I have made many healthy and low sodium items only to grow bored with them and move onto bad things. I know myself and if I have options and get prepared I can well with a diet. I am married with 2 kids and none of them eat close to healthy. I end up making them unhealthy things and loose interest in my worse tasting boring stuff.
    Thanks for reading this far and hope you have some ideas. I have thought about something like nutrasystem, but although they are scheduled with options I am betting the food is processed.

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Just wanted to say hello. None of the diet stuff ever worked for me, but that does not mean it will not for you.

Everybody has a different threshold and you will know when to slay the beast forever.

I am sympathetic to the laby!

Good luck.
    I hate this shit disease.

3. Miyanc

Miyanc New Member

I look at it this way. what could it hurt for me to eat a healthy low sodium diet. At this point neither me nor any doc I have seen can tell me what works and what doesn't. I am over weight and unhealthy so if diet and exercise don't help the menieres then maybe I will feel better about feeling like shit.

Another part of this is that I have been taking heartburn meds only a little longer then MM. I have been asking Dr's what is the long term medical risks associated with this and got blank faces. I know read that keep low acid ( which is what those meds do) means I am not getting the nutrients out of my food or supplements. So since I can't seem to be able to stop taking an acid blocker( extremely painful heart burn 24 hours after stopping regardless of what I eat or how many tums I take) maybe I can pump up the food value.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nutrisystem is sodium loaded food and it is isn't really good food. Make your own. Hope you find a solution.

5. Miyanc

Miyanc New Member

I was just thinking of something like nutrasystem. I do plan on making my own foods. but lack a complete menu. I can come up with ideas but eventually they run out. I was hoping someone had a detailed plan for lets say an entire month. where I could then substitute when needed.