NUCCA -- IT DOENS'T WORK, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by smaapark, Apr 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hey Terry,

Love the new picture. I never realized before but you know, you're a real doll!

Hank

2. iowatriker

iowatriker New Member

Well I for one went to a NUCCA chiropractor and feel he did help me in the first few visits. Even I could see my head was tipped and something was out of wack on the xray. Because you disagree with the Doctor shows you are in control of your health. I use all Doctors as sounding boards and if what they tell me sounds reasonable I use their advise. I will always be the last word when it comes to my health, that way I don't get on web sites and blame the idot who's advise I took.

3. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Well seeing as how you mentioned it first, I also noticed............and have to definitely second that one.
    It seems that MM has not affected our eyesight :)

Be well / Larry

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I just went to court in defense of the meniett pump against my insurance company, should have an answer within a month. Anyway, long story, short, many medical experts were called all agreed homeopathic routes aren't a "cure all" and don't work vs. modern medicine.

FYI: I did spend $5k out of pocket for homeopathic such as NUCCA, ect to no avail.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hey, I saw her first!

6. burd

burd New Member

Awww guys, I'm blushing! :D ;) :-*

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Check out the neckline, Larry! Whoooeeeyman! Where has she been!

8. jrw

jrw New Member

I've been on this forum for a couple of years and every once in awhile we get someone who is so sure, so convinced, that their cure is the right one. Some of us try to tone it down, to encourage the readers to use caution. And sometimes we're railroaded off the thread and told we don't know what we're talking about, to not knock an answer if we haven't tried it. I shall repeat what many of us old timers have said in the past, this syndrome has many different causes and just as many paths to feeling better. We are not all the same, we don't respond the same. Some of us end up even sicker than before when we try a different path, hoping for a quicker fix.

My sympathy is with you smaapark. I can understand your hostility. It was a hard and expensive lesson to learn.

9. thornapple

thornapple New Member

On a lighter note:

[​IMG]

10. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Well, the obvious is that if it had worked for you you wouldn't be slamming it. Some tried and true methods don't work for some. Nucca is an alternative therapy that has helped some. With respect to those that it has worked for (I have not tried NUCCA), I'm sure they don't appreciate your strong remarks. I have no interest in reading any further posts you have, you have lost my complete respect by calling a fellow member here a moron. I suggest you check your language before you check back in. No meanness is needed here. Especially toward other posters who are trying to help others. Lisa

11. burd

burd New Member

Well said, Lisa

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Did anybody see American Idol last night, the way they did that duet between Elvis and Celine Dion. Man! How the heck did they do that anyway?

I'm really puzzled!

13. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

Since the causes of Meniere's are unclear and even the correct diagnosis can be hard to come by, I suggest letting everyone try what they want to try. Just because NUCCA did not work for you does NOT mean it will not work for the next person. So good luck in your quest but I think it is harmful to try to talk someone out of something that may give them some relief. And may we ALL find some relief!

14. MAR

MAR New Member

Hank--

I'm a Idol fan too so had to respond. The portion with Celine and Elvis was prerecorded. I know someone who actually attended the taping a few weeks back. She said that Celine came out and sang with someone who is actually an Elvis impersonator from Las Vegas. Then for the show last night they digitally altered the tape by putting the real Elvis' face over the impersonator's and adding the real voice of Elvis.

Margie

15. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

I don't really know anyone on this forum. Or maybe I should say they don't really know me. I read a lot but don't post much. I understand the whole frustration and needing to vent thing but come on, this is ridiculous. I am currently in the middle of another medical issue that has been going on for months. It is nowhere near as devastating as MM but has altered my life a good bit. I am interested in reading anything anybody has to say. I am also smart enough to research what people have to say and make my own determination as whether or not to makes sense. I would never seek medical care based solely on something I read in a chat room. So NUCCA didn't work for you (by the way, never tried NUCCA but have done other chiropractic care). That sucks and I am sorry that you are suffering.
    But to come on here blasting a whole entire field and to call someone names is just childlike behavior. I am seeing an orthopedist right now and he isn't helping so far so I guess I should warn all of you off seeing any Orthopedists anywhere. Obviously they don't know what they are doing. ;) Be warned!!!!! They're evil! Orthopedists are 100% ineffective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't go!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Smaapark, open your mind and realize we are all different. If a treatment works for someone, be happy for them. If it doesn't work for you, dig in and find something that does. Good luck and I am truly wishing you better health and more patience.

16. For what it's worth, there is one in Gardena and one in Glendale so the "moron" reading your posts would still not be sure which one you mean, even if he knew where you lived. Kind of hard for anyone--much less a "moron"--to narrow it down to one person knowing you live in SoCal--which you did not mention in your original post anyway!

17. cheese

cheese New Member

Although smaapark has flown a bit off the handle here and gotten offensive, which is unfortunate, it doesn't make his experience any less "true" than anyone else's.

Put yourselves in his shoes.

*He came across this board.
    *He saw a thread that told him that his problem is 'more than likely' due to upper cervical misalignment, and that he can be cured by NUCCA. (total falsehood)
    *He was then told a specific "Doctor" to go and see
    *He then goes and sees this "Doctor" who no doubt has cost him hundreds of dollars
    *Doctor dangerously tells him to stop his meds, despite the fact that this "Doctor" is in no position to offer any recommendations on clinical medicine.
    *Patient's condition worsens because of advice given by a "doctor". A "doctor" who was recommended to him on this board. Not to forget that the procedure he is paying hundreds for is akin to getting your neck poked.
    *Three months later patient is poorer and sicker than before.

People react differently to different things. Someone else might have just gone into a state of depression after the above experience, and faded away from this board. Others, like smaapark, might feel the need to tell other people that he's been sold a dud. He's not the first person to get abusive when in a state of desperation, and i'm sure he won't be the last.

Remember that guy "Mark" from a few months back. His tirade makes smaaparks look tame. It was clear that he was desperate though, and not just being a prick for the fun of it.

18. pardonme

pardonme Guest

19. jackiepiper

jackiepiper New Member

Currently, after some recommendations from others on this site I went back to my chiro (not NUCCA certified) She is an extremely intelligent and conscientious person who has been treating me for the last 3 or 4 weeks. My symptoms have decreased dramatically and she has said that my atlas (?) was off to the left quite alot...or some such thing. I believe in holistic, non traditional healing for the most part ... but I don't care really if it works in "reality" or in some other part of my mind like a placebo...if it makes life in general better?
    I think with alot of disease we can change alot from our approach...even though mindset is dramatically hard to shift when you are spinning...
    jackie

20. dmac

dmac my sweet Holly

Amen on that. Where does a non-doctor get off telling someone to get off of meds prescribed by a doctor-doctor?