NUCCA -- IT DOENS'T WORK, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by smaapark, Apr 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. smaapark

smaapark New Member

have been seeing doctor now for 3months (won't give his name) but he's a level 2 NUCCA or something like that. these 'doctors' recommend you stop taking your medicaitons, think that atlas/axis alignment is the cause of everything from menieres to epilepsy to a common cold. gimme a break. it's complete crap, stick to your medicines, figure out what works for you in terms of dosages, diet, lifestyle, etc. t ogive yourself the best shot at a happy/productive life, and forget the nonsense that people on the web preach. it's all lies and you must remember most people are idiots, especially on the web, don't trust anything you read, for thte most part the 'progress' people report is psychosomatic. my ringing, dizziness, haze, and every other symptom under the sun is at least 10 times worse than it was before i started taking this snake oil.
    thanks

2. thornapple

thornapple New Member

;D

Have you heard of the slinky cure?

It involves a slinky, some stairs, a nose.....

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I wish I had a copy of the slinky cure. It was always good for a big laugh.

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Yes, I would be interested to know his name and where he is. First you say you went to a "something like that doctor." Then you generalize saying that all "these 'doctors' recommend you stop taking your medicaitons, think that atlas/axis alignment is the cause of everything from menieres to epilepsy to a common cold." Something doesn't quite jive here, Smaapark. Yes, let's have the name of the "doctors" who say that. I'm sorry you are not doing better; but something is not right about all this. Yes, tell us who these fellow(s) are. Please.

Hank

5. burd

burd New Member

To judge everyone in any one particular category by one bad experience is illogical and a form of prejudice.  (I have never tried NUCCA so I'm not defending it for personal reasons).  I worry about this kind of attitude as it can target any type of health care.
    We should never slam doors shut in the faces of others just because it didn't work for us.  Many find relief from many different sources, and not all of us respond to the same things.

There's quackery in ALL forms of health care.

6. smaapark

smaapark New Member

Hank, you moron. i'm in so cal, go to the nucca site and check how many level 2 nucca doctors there are down here. no need to give out his name, don't you agree? i went based to this doctor based on you b*shit post a few months ago. huge mistake on my part....NUCCA is complete crap -- on par with phrenology and bloodletting, as effective as sticking a leech on your ear.
    i'm 31yrs old, have had menieres for 15 years, have daily dizzy spells, raging tinnitus, but go to work everyday, and manage....before i 'researched' on the web and was led off my meds and rountine, because of my desperate hope for a quick fix.
    thank

7. Buffyski

Buffyski New Member

smaapark,
    A quick look at your posts makes you look like a forum troll and a flamer, and truthfully if you were on my forum I would delete your posts immediately.

After a little more thought I can see that you are mostly upset at this disease that we all have. What works for some of us does not work for others. It was your choice to try this course of treatment, and it didn't work. So be it. It's time to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and try something else. But please don't insult others who are just trying to help.

8. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Dear Smaapark,

You have just eliminated one of many treatments that have been discussed on this forum in your quest for relief. It can be very frustrating to spend so much time and money on something you hope will cure you only to find out that it will not. My condolences to you. Receiving a diagnosis of Meniere's is a process of eliminating all of the other possible reasons for having the symptoms that you have. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that finding relief from your symptoms would also be a task of trying various treatments to see what works best for you?

I recall reading somewhere that if a reason for the Meniere’s-like symptoms is discovered then the diagnosis of Meniere’s is eliminated, even though the symptoms may still exist. For those people who have been helped by NUCCA it seems that while they were given a diagnosis of Meniere's, that diagnosis may have been given in error because the atlas bone compression on the brain stem could not be seen clearly enough to identify it properly.

In my situation atlas adjustment did relieve me of one terrifying symptom, syncope (mimicking drop attacks) which was being caused by compression on my brain stem. My MM symptoms and daily dizzies are still there. Like you, I am still searching out other treatments and therapies while sharing my life with this disease.

9. smaapark

smaapark New Member

no need to repond to my post -- just wanted people who haven't tried this yet know that is is 100% useless. that's it. the whole 'works for some' and not others is not true. something as complicated and variable as menieres is not treated by people who have never studied medicine. simple as that. like my message says 'DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY' i did. i'm writing tersley because i'm at work, not out of some bittenrness, or feeling sorry for self thing. thanks

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hank - it looks like you suggested the doctor that Smaapark went to see....page 10 of your big chiro thread (http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php?topic=3080.msg79727#msg79727).

Yes there's bad doctors in every profession - I can definitely see the truth is that point. BUT it's very upsetting to have something recomended (and even the particular clinic) only to walk away months later worse off for it. I believe questions were posed to Hank a while back regarding 'responsibility' of so strongly recommending a particular treatment. Like I'm sure many others reading this thread, I'm not surprised to see someone upset from all the pushing - in my eyes it was bound to happen.

Amethyst

11. smaapark

smaapark New Member

out of fairness to the chiro mentioned in this link, he is not the one i'm referring to. never went to him, but to a certified 'NUCCA' guy instead. yeah, real smart of me.

Hank - it looks like you suggested the doctor that Smaapark went to see....page 10 of your big chiro thread (http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php?topic=3080.msg79727#msg79727).

12. nwspin

nwspin New Member

I have to agree with So Cal Cyclist & Amethyst. I do believe in alternative medicines and methods to treat illnesses, disease and injury's, but I can't go along with Hank's theory that "most" people on this forum would be cured by a Nucca approach. I think Nucca is one way to treat Meniere's symptoms, but not all of us have Atlas alignment problems. Pushing one method of treatment over another is not a way of "informing" others, but more a way of bullying those ideas onto others.

I have learned a lot by reading others experiences here and have tried a few, I don't need anyone ramming their ideas down my throat while discounting or challenging others. Sharing is education, forcing ideas reminds me of dictatorship.

Mike :) :) :)

13. burd

burd New Member

We are all responsible for the personal choices we make. It is our responsibility to do our own research on any recommended treatment, and we are free to try it or to ignore it.

No one should be harrassed for their recommendations. We all make recommendations just by being on this forum and saying what works for us. I've rejected many methods of treatments after my own research, and if I try something and it doesn't work or goes bad, that is my responsibility I took on myself.
    If someone is overly enthusiastic or seems aggressive with their opinions, it's my free will to exit the thread.

I'm sorry smaapark, that things went badly for you.

14. peggoins

peggoins Stop the world from spinning!!

Hi all
    i chose of my own free will to go see a chiropractor and yes it is helping me.. not everyone gets the same benefits from every doctor but mine never suggested i stop taking my meds.. i did so after i saw gret improvement.. sorry you are having a hard time of it but we all have minds and it is up to each his own to decide what works for them.. Take care, Peg

15. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Smaapark,

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. You know I wouldn't have that for the world.

Better luck in whatever else you decide to try.

Hank

16. nassman

nassman Guest

No need for that kind of language. I got a bad wrap in the past for things I said that were much softer than that.

Anyway, Hank, we may not agree on treatment methodologies but I can say with confidence that you only want to help people when you make your suggestions/recommendations. Nothing wrong with that.

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Thanks, Nassman. That means a lot. If I could, I would make it all go away, as I know you would.

Hank

18. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I like your perspective Mike - I agree wholeheartedly.

and Hank, I do believe you have the best of intentions - my issue is that your <earlier> approach seemed to involve a lot of pushing. I'm sure you intended no harm but for some, they could end up pushed into something that's not right for them.

Amethyst

19. smaapark

smaapark New Member

HANK, GET REAL MAN. THE MOTHER TERESA, WHAT A GUY SCHTICK IS RIDICULOUS. YOUR A GROWN MAN, WHO DOESN'T EVEN SHARE THE SAME CONDITON AS MOST OF US ON THIS BOARD, OR RELATION TO ANY OF US -- HOW MUCH DO YOU EXPECT US TO BELIEVE YOU REALLY CARE. IF YOU COULD MAKE IT GO AWAY YOU WOULD?? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, ITS RIDICULOUS, YOU DON'T KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS BOARD. STOP PRETENDING YOU DO....AND DEFINITELY STOP THE 'I'M HERE FOR YOU PEOPLE' ACT. IT F'ING SILLY

20. Soccermom

Soccermom New Member

I probably shouldn't even waste my breath on this thread, but felt the need to say something.

If anyone is "ramming information" or opinions down our throats, it certainly is NOT Hank (Henry?). When people such as Hank come here shouting out the praises for a treatment that worked for some, it gives people an OPTION. That is what happened to me (for my husband) with the Acyclovir. There was a lot of talk some years ago about it. Some agreed, some totally disagreed, but for those whom it had helped, they were here IMPLORING folks to "just try it." That is what we did, and believe that is why my husband is doing as well as he is.

I'm sure we should all come here to this site with the realization that we are all different, and if a treatment or approach works for one, it may or may not work for us (maybe a disclaimer at the top?). HOWEVER...If someone has had profound success with something, then GOD BLESS THEM for coming here and singing the praises. GOD BLESS THEM for encouraging us to try it.
    Shame on anyone coming here and condemning them for it. I am horrified frankly.

Laura