Nothing worse than

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Jan 14, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sleeping through the alarm and missing my first day of a fitness program. Jeez.

2. daBronx

daBronx New Member

On Tuesday for the first time in six and one half years I had the spins and double vision.I think it was because of something I ate or maybe because I don't always take Acetazolamide 250mgs.for my meniere's.Wednesday when I got up I felt much better.

3. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Rescuing an adorable kitty only to have him hide under the sofa for the past 24 hours. :'(

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

5. Gracie

Gracie New Member

Raining on a parade

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Say goodbye to 4 baby squirrels that I have been caring for the last couple of days since they were removed from my attic and their Mum abandoned them :(

Off to the wildlife centre today to be transitioned back in to the wild once they are old enough. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Cutest little critters. 3 boys and 1 girl. Starting to open their eyes now so they are about 5 weeks old. :)

9. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

The headache caused by cheap wine....

10. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Cute little squirrels, Caroline. Good on ya for looking after them and sending them where they will get looked after.

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks Rose ... it was my pleasure to care for them and ensure that they had the chance to live. It was not easy finding a wildlife centre to take them but I finally did. Our City only offered the option of euthanizing them. :eek: The Toronto Wildlife Centre doesn't take them from my part of the GTA. :( I found a place about an hour away in a small community that could help them.

As an added bonus I found out when I dropped them off that I will see them again in the Fall as the Ministry of Natural Resources mandates that they are released where they were found. I offered to go and pick them up when they are ready and release them again at my house/neighbourhood :)

12. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Good job, Caroline!

13. Nathan

Nathan New Member

A prof that implies that it is the particle aspect underlying everyday life that's more important, rather than the field aspect underlying everyday life that's more important to the ingredients of reality.

14. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Insomnia bites too. Insomnia asks silly questions. At this current moment, for instance.

'Why does this dataset contain puzzling stripy artefacts?'

"Why" implicitly suggests purpose, I retort. No purpose here, Insomnia. You're exhausted. There are only two questions you should be asking right now; a) How does this dataset contain puzzling stripy artefacts, & more importantly b) what happens to cognitive function when 5-hydroxytryptamine & 4,5-β-trihydroxy phenethylamine neuroreceptors lose sensitivity due to inadequate REM sleep?

'It becomes impaired', Insomnia moans.

Yeeessss. Now, run a hot bath, brush your teeth, play your favourite sleep mix - yes, the Dissolved Girl remix one, I'll put it on for you - & say good night.

'Night my favourite dot Orgians.'

15. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

^^

I want some of what you are smoking/drinking....

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

He is just pretty brilliant like that. He has a good mind.

17. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Sleep deprivation/insomnia sucks. Ask me how I know. :p

18. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

I am sure he does. I just want something to smoke that will make me hallucinate weird theories too!

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Well if you're going to smoke something I hope it is not to make you more cerebral. There are other more fun things that can happen :D

20. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

LOL! Don't need hallucinogens for that my friend! ;)