Nothing worse than

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Jan 14, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

LOL! I know you're probably sick of it, but a Rocky Mountain Christmas sounds delightful! I'd gladly come if I could afford the air fare. From what I've seen of your posts in the "What's for Dinner?" thread, you're more than a "decent" cook. :D

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Kim I miss you a lot.

3. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I'm not sick of it yet, but around mid March.... yeah I'll be sick of it.

I love to cook and I love to share my food with others so if you change your mind....

4. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I miss her, too. :(

5. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Kim got me addicted to nut butters and then she disappears. I need help with my recovery, dammit!

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

:D

I'll let her know you said that.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Faded,
    I'm on the "GERD" diet and can't enjoy my cashew butter pie this Christmas. On the positive side, watermelon is on the diet.
    I'm driving to Winter Park to pick up my order from Whole Foods on Sunday. I am so tempted to eat some of their freshly-made
    peanut butter. It comes out of a machine just like soft ice cream and its there......and it's tempting.......but it isn't worth the acid reflux/heart palpitations and headache (I have a mild allergy to peanuts.)

8. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

oh, Kim, that's rough. My husband has GERD but after a few rough years has it under control.

I admire your self control. I used to have some but not so much anymore. sigh

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Cold weather. Seriously. Too many layers of clothing.

10. daBronx

daBronx New Member

a tooth ache.That's why I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months.

11. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

chronic pain

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Ah that bites.

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

...forgetting my lunch on the kitchen table. It's going to be a looong day.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nothing worse than the usual fool.

15. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Nothing worse than dying before one's time,whatever that time might be.Valerie Harper 73 and an actress has terminal brain cancer.She found out in January when her doctor told her she had 3 months to live.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Tomorrow I go to the funeral for a neighbour ... He was 42 :(

I had a former co-worker die in January at 40. It's incredibly sad and shocking in both cases.

Makes you want to not waste a day caught up in misery and drama.

17. Jäger

Jäger Me and My sweetie 15 years ago :)

Nothing worse that the first few days after Day Light Saving Time starts.

Caroline, so sorry for your loss.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks Jager xx I am so sad for their families :( Such loss.

19. Titus

Titus New Member

Sorry. Misery and drama zap my energy. I try to avoid it.

20. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Watching a person slowly die.Almost 3 weeks ago my friend Wayne asked me to drive him to the V.A.because he was having trouble breathing.He was in the hospital for about 2 days because of a slight case of pneumonia.Since coming home he's been going down hill fast.Wayne is an alcoholic drinking wine.He has no appetite and he's lost a lot of weight.
    He also has cancer and has been getting chemo treatments and lately he has an oxygen tank that enables him to breathe better.He sleeps a lot.Just a few days ago a nurse came to his home and today a social worker came to his home.I think he will be going into hospice in just a few days from now.