~~Note To The Bank!~~~

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Sami, Nov 29, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Sami

Sami New Member

I got this email from a friend! Thought some of you may get a laugh from this.....I sure did! :D ;D :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Note To The Bank
    Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:37:53 +0000
    > 86-year old lady's letter to bank is shown below, it is an actual letter. The
    > bank manager thought it was amusing enough to have it published in the New
    York
    > Times.
    >
    > Dear Sir:
    > I am writing to thank you for bouncing my check with which I endeavored to pay

> my plumber last month. By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed

> between his presenting the check and the arrival in my account of the funds
    > needed to honor it. I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my

> entire pension, an arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only
    eight
    > years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity,
    and
    > also for debiting my account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience
    caused
    > to your bank. My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident
    has
    > caused me to rethink my errant financial ways.
    > I noticed that whereas I personally answer your telephone calls and letters,
    > when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging,
    > pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become. From now on, I, like

> you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan
    > repayments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will
    arrive
    > at your bank, by check, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee

> at your bank whom you must nominate.
    > Be aware that it is an offense under the Postal Act for any other person to
    open
    > such an envelope. Please find attached an Application Contact which I require
    > your chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in
    > order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there
    is
    > no alternative. Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must

> be countersigned by a Notary Public, and the mandatory details of his/her
    > financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be
    accompanied
    > by documented proof.
    > In due course, at MY convenience, I will issue your employee with a PIN number

> which he/she must quote in dealings with me. I regret that it cannot be
    shorter
    > than 28 digits but, again, I have modeled it on the number of button presses
    > required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As
    they
    > say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    >
    > Let me level the playing field even further. When you call me, press buttons
    as
    > follows:
    > IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIALING, PRESS THE STAR (*) BUTTON FOR ENGLISH
    >
    >
    > #1. To make an appointment to see me
    > #2. To query a missing payment.
    > # 3. To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
    > # 4. To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping
    > # 5. To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.
    > # 6. To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home
    > #7. To leave a message on my computer, a password to access my computer is
    > required. Password will be communicated to you at a later date to that
    > Authorized Contact mentioned earlier.
    > # 8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through 7.
    > # 9. To make a general complaint or inquiry. The contact will then be put on
    > hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service.
    > # 10. This is a second reminder to press* for English. While this may, on
    > occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration
    of
    > the call regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an
    > establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement. May I wish
    > you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous New Year?
    > Your Humble Client
    > _________________
    >
    If you lead and no one follows-you are just taking a long walk...John Maxwell

2. Trish

Trish Guest

:D :D

She's my kinda lady! :D

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

That's about right....... :D :D :D!

4. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

;D ;D ;D ;D

Should do that to telemarketers, maybe they would leave us alone :mad:

Janet