Not Worthy?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Oct 11, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Kittydoctr

Kittydoctr New Member

Last winter I took my son to the local convenient care because he had a sore throat. He was diagnosed with strep throat and the doctor wrote out a prescription for antibiotics. As he handed me the prescription he asked me if I would mind if he said a prayer for my son. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. The doctor then prayed for my son, for his healing. I can't tell you how moved I was by this. This unexpected act almost brought me to tears and my heart was overwhelmed with love Did his prayer heal my son of strep throat? The antibiotics did that, so maybe not. But his prayer had unintended healing effects on me, on my heart. So, perhaps there are different kinds of healing. How much better we would all feel, and how much more receptive to healing we would all be, if our doctors touched us kindly, hugged us, listened to us, and offered prayers for our healing.

I guess I am a glass half full kind of person, but I think I would be very touched by someone trying to pray for me the way your siding salesman did, even if he was a total kook.

2. joy

joy New Member

Amen sista! ;) And personally I give all the credit to God - the development of antibiotics, the doctor's skills, his faith. Very cool story. Thanks!

3. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Yes, I think there's a verse somewhere that says it's God who pours out all knowledge. We are created in His image -- that is we are creative, intelligent, artistic, compassionate beings when we choose to be.

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Absolutely.

5. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

what a blessing to have a doc like that...

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I'm just thinking....

Of "Timelines", ...

And that got me thinking, maybe the Aluminum siding guy, is a Healer!

Thank You, £ord.

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

£ORD

May all who suffer and ail be worthy of Your £ove, and Guidance.

£et us know that you hold us in the Palm of Your Hand!

Happy New Years Eve!

Happy New Year.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I am worthy, hubby is worthy, we walk along the Footsteps in the sand. :)

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

:)
    *ditto~ :)~~~ ;D

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Worthy of what?

11. June-

June- New Member

:D

What are we talking about? That's a good question.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Feeling Better and Living Live again, after self-imposed Dormancy.
    That Lasted 4 years.

Worthy of love & friendship, Worthy of being a wife, a mother, a friend, a sister, a daughter...........................

Worthy of Peace, Guidance, Joy, health, people & pets.

Just worthy of anything I choose To BE.

13. June-

June- New Member

Certainly you are worthy. We are all worthy. God didn't make anyone or anything who is not worthy. Who would dare to think otherwise.

14. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Speaking of aluminum siding healers, I went to Walgreens the other day and, while walking out to my car, a woman came to me and said, "I know you don't I? You look so familiar to me." I told her she looked a little familiar too (she actually did). Anyway we talked a bit about belonging to healing group orgs and she told me a little about myself. I was strong but kept my strength on the inside. I was a bit of a hermit but was loving towards those I choose to be part of my family. Bascially, it was some things you can say about most people. Apparently she really loved my "aura" and wanted to exchange numbers. Being me, I was reluctant :))). She gave me hers anyway.

Anyway, she asked me to rub my hands together and put them out face up. She did the same, face down over my hands (not touching) and we "transferred and increased our positive energy with each other". She told me to go home and wash my hands in cold water to make sure I didn't pick up any of her "bad vibes" and wished me well (she went over to the side of the road and 'washed' her hands in dirt. She then told me, "There are no such things as accidents" and smiled. When I got out of my car at home, I went to the lawn, pulled up some dirt and 'washed' my hands. Then, of course, I went inside and washed my hands with cold water (colour me superstitous).

Strange encounter...

15. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Wow that is strange Holly. Must have been kind of nice to hear you have a good aura about you.

I had someone do that hands thing with me and they told me I gave off very little energy because I gave it all away to everyone else in my life. I've been trying to work on putting myself first more often but it's a lot harder to do than I thought it would be.

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Get gready with your time. There's nothing to feel guilty about. This life is about you so you really need to take time to give to yourself too.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

oh no, I don't think that's strange at all,

You wanna know what I REaLLy think . . .
    I think You just met a Gaurdian Angel. :)
    BTW, what color was your Aura, and what Zodiac Symbol were You Born Under? I'm 54, I'm Pices, so is another .org Member.
    p.s. I would have washed my hands the same way!
    Running water over my wrists always feels good, I love water, I'm a BabyBoomer!

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

The practice of Hand Washing, or " washing," takes away the negativity, the cold water refreshes and renews the Spirit.

have you ever heard of, " Dousing, with a special, crystal douser on a chain?"

It collects your energy while you hold it with both hands, like when praying,

You can even blow on it, You ask a Question, and it will answer Yes or NO. It's really cool stuff, I shop at a store called East Meets West in our Mall, they have a website.

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

amen, SiSTa! ;)

I'm sorry if this offends anybody, but the siding guy rubbed his hands together and put his warm hands over my ears, as he prayed. He asked me many questions about MM and how it affects me physically, mentally, and emotionally. He asked how long I've had it, and as he held my ears, I could feel the warmth,
    I had my ears shut as he prayed and I listened to every word He said.

I have many different beliefs, some of them contradict each other, but that's okay,

That's just a Part of Who I Am.

I did post the details here before, I wasn't comfortable going into details with all the controversy about where I posted it happened,

I guess they were right to have it moved, thank-you, now I feel Free to Fly !

p.s. when we get freezing rain here in NJ, there Will be icicles hanging from our beautiful siding, it is a wonderful color called Spring Green, it's a soothing, and comfortable color.
    I'm surrounded by Spring green, all year Long.

I also do my own tarot. But I haven't done it in 4 years. I'm due for one soon.

20. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

The aura was just 'bright' I'm a sagitarius/capricorn cusp kinda gal. Lots of hidden personality traits in there!