Not Worthy?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Gina05, Oct 11, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Last nite we had a salesman here for aluminum siding.
    I am catholic, I guess, I do believe in a higher power. I do believe in miracles.

Turns out this guy was a Pastor, and his specialty is healing.
    We got to talking and I tried to explain Menieres to him.
    He asked if I would mind if he prayed for me, I said, okay, I believe.

He stuck his fingers in my ears and proceeded to pray for me to be healed.
    When he was done, he asked if I felt any better, and I said no.
    He then asked if I had felt the heat going thru my ears, because he felt the heat go thru his body into my ears.
    I did feel warm in my ears, but then he did have his fingers in them! LOL

So today I feel the same as I did yesterday, which is better than before, but I am taking the Acyclovir.

So..... Was I just not worthy?

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Gina, it only works after you purchase the aluminum siding... Best you stick to the Acyclovir. ;)
    Hummm Tin Man Preacher, I don't know.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No, it is not that your are unworthy and it does no good to contemplate why God heals or doesn't. Bill Johnson has had many miracles occur as a result of his ministry. Yet his own secretary died of cancer, and not for the lack of prayer. Steven Jobs expressed in a commencement speech that he could not understand the purpose or direction in his life, from any part in it looking forward. He said that the meaning only came to him in retrospect. Perhaps he was onto something. His was not a speech on God. But he did speak on the prospect of dying and the meaning of one's life. I expect that in retrospect, many of us will look back at the events and circumstances of our lives, which may at the time seem negative or worthless to experience, and then understand the reasons why.

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Gina - I have gone to numerous 'faith healers' and each time I was not healed, I was told it was my fault for not believing, praying enough and etc. I never bought into this and even was accused of being possessed by one Charismatic minister. My husband at the time bought into this 'confess it and you are healed' he bought me literally thousands of dollars of dvds, tapes, cds, and books and when I was not healed he told me I was not worthy enough and that I did not want healing. (needless to say that marriage ended). He was at one time a minister but yielded a very high profile/political job and did not like his wife being sick and looking sick - ie. we divorced.

I know that God can heal when He deems it. Either here on earth or in heaven. Hank made some awesome points. Gina you are worthy and very special. Man does not heal by his powers alone. God heals and He chooses to heal through many avenues, sometimes men,sometimes surgeries and medicines, sometimes miracles, or other regimens and sometimes the healing comes when we die and go to Heaven. You are worthy. When man plays God that is very dangerous.

Sorry for the novel. This post touched my heart.

(ps - I answered Gina's post and mentioned Hanks. I will not negate or go into discussion about healing and/or God. Thank you and blessings.)

xoxo

5. June-

June- New Member

You are worthy. The aluminum man is no Closer to God than anyone else.

6. joy

joy New Member

I'm gonna share this story with the hope that this won't turn into a debate. I also admit I don't know you, Gina. I don't know your faith 'situation' or beliefs, so forgive me if I'm pointing out stuff you already know.

Many years ago my dad was struggling with a serious decision he had to make. He found himself at his own father's grave site, praying, crying, talking to grandpa the way some do when their loved ones have passed away. Dad said he stood quietly for a moment, drying his eyes, & heard - as clearly as if someone had been standing right next to him - "None of this matters. Do what you have to do." Dad believes (as I do) that God spoke to him that day, to tell him to ... chill out ... stop worrying about earthly things & just do the best you can ... to focus on eternity & try not to worry about all this earthly stuff. It will pass away; if you believe in God & His son Jesus Christ, the really important thing is Heaven & salvation.

My point is this, Gina: None of us is worthy of God's touch ... of His healing. Sure, He could heal every sickness & disease in the universe; He's God. Why doesn't He? He created us with free will, not as puppets or little dolls He could dress up or bend or speak for. When Adam & Eve sinned, we lost our 'perfection' & mankind faced earthly bodies that age & become corrupted & die. The Bible talks about 'false prophets' coming in the end times - these false prophets aren't always gonna be clearly identified. They could be personified as 'the famous faith healer' who's doing WOW miracles. (To be clear - I believe God heals through prayer if it's in His plan.)

Why did my daughter have to be born with this kidney disease my husband has? Why does she have to face dialysis & possibly transplant ... or worse? God could easily have had all this pass Emily by. Well ... I don't know. I DO know my Emily with Polycystic Kidney Disease will come in contact with people that a healthy Emily would not. And I know she will share Christ with those people. Our life times are, oh, 70, 80 years long. Eternity is forever.

That's my story & I'm stickin to it.

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Oh, Thank you all so much.

This man obviously believed he had a higher calling. You could see on initial contact, that this was a nice man. This had nothing to do with a sales pitch, just a kind man. We had already contracted him for the siding. When he asked if I would be home, I mentioned Menieres. It was then after asking many questions about what causes the symptoms, that he told us that he was a Pastor, and what his calling was.

Hey, I pray myself to sleep every single night. Maybe it will just take time.

My son was 8yrs old when he was awoken by the presence of............two spirits peeking around the corner of the room at him. He described them and we thought that they were his uncle and grandfather who had passed before he was born. His grandfather passed only hours after he was born. He was born on my twins birthday seven years later. I know he is special.
    My daughter had no problems sleeping in her bed. One night she came into ouur room and asked if she could sleep with us. Since she never did it, we thought she had a bad dream or whatever, and let her. A few minutes later, the ceiling in her room collapsed right over her bed. It could have been awful. She wasn't even in school yet, so she was young.
    Co incidences maybe, but I do believe.

8. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

No, it's not that you're not worthy it's that (I'm Catholic too) he is not a healer. Only certain people have the gift of healing others. The Pope may not be able to heal you but your next door neighbor might. I have gifts, most people don't.
    That's my story and I'm stickin to it...
    Joyce wait till I get back from Sedona I'll be putting my hands all over you.........oh well no I won't and no on Aarons feet either. Em maybe she never lets me close enough to her...gee wonder why..hee hee

9. joy

joy New Member

Egad, Carolyn. I think I'm blushing.

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

but smiling

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Wonderful answer. I will lift Emily up. Such a great young lady. You tell her I said that.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Smiling, too.

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

When I was a kid, I went off to summer camp with a couple of my friends. We stayed in these cabins that had awning windows, but they opened to the inside and were held up by a simple hook and eye against the ceiling. These sashes were quite heavy. As I was about 8 years old, our day consisted of a requisite afternoon nap. I could never take naps as a kid. So I just laid there on the top bunk, with that window open above my head. At once, I was given the knowledge that the window was about to lose its grip and swing closed. If that were to happen, unless I moved, my forehead or face would become smashed. But it was entirely as if I was given certainty that the window was about to come down. Immediately I sat up straight in bed and just then, the window came down a smashed against the steel bed rail! I had been sleeping there every night for several nights and nothing had given me the slightest worry. But at that moment, I knew without a doubt, beforehand, that the window was coming down. There is no way that I could have anticipated that.

God leads us through life, if we just listen to Him speak. Sometimes He speaks loudly, such as that day at summer camp. Sometimes He speaks as our conscience. Sometimes just an inclination. But it is not enough that He speaks; I have learned that we must be open to hear. And you don't need impeccable hearing organs to hear God when He speaks to you. All you need is a receptive heart.

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I think I'm liking these replies to this thread.

15. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Years ago when I was much more open to hearing the voice of God than I am lately :( I was praying and felt like God wanted me to go down to the hospital and pray with someone. I immediately got up and did as I felt I was supposed to do -- it felt urgent. I couldn't find anyone specific so I lingered awhile and felt lead to pray for the women in labor and delivery and for the lives of their children -- then I went home. Later in the evening my neighbor came by -- turns out my ex-boyfriend who was very violent and had already tried to kill me -- had come by only moments after I left to go to the hospital and went around my apartment banging on windows and trying to get in. I have no doubt that had I not obeyed that voice, I would not be here now. Sometimes we don't have to know the "why" only the "what." For me, the "what" was to "go" and it saved my life.

16. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

reading this gave me shivers...

17. Titus

Titus New Member

Dear Gina,

None of us are worthy but God sees you through the eyes of Jesus and that makes you his daughter. I've experienced a miracle healing and here is the short story on it. I really don't know why it happened but I know exactly when it happened.

I was raised Catholic but never really practiced my faith except to go to church. I never read God's word or thought about salvation, heaven or my purpose. That changed when I became terribly ill and my pancreas stopped functioning. I went down to 95 pounds, wasn't absorbing fat, and was freezing cold all the time. I went to Mayo and they gave me bad news. They were not encouraging. They scheduled a test on my pancreas the next day. I went home and broke down. I called my two friends over and one brought a Bible. He read from John 3:16 and asked me if I believed. I started crying and asking the Lord for forgiveness and to save me. My other friend was holding my hand and it was freezing. Suddenly, I felt extreme heat go through my whole body. Evelyn (who was holding my hand said it was on fire.) I felt the panic leave and the hunger for God come down on me.

The next day, at Mayo, the doctor was stunned. After waking up, he was hovering over me and shaking his head. He said nothing was wrong with my pancreas. They still ran more tests because they didn't believe it but it was true.

NOW......why didn't God heal my neck, migraines, and other ailements? I have no idea. He is God and I am not.

I do know that my relationship with Jesus is real and He is my rock during good times and bad.

You're in my prayers. When I'm down or someone lets me down, I think about eternity and my new body!!!!!

Kim

18. daBronx

daBronx New Member

My beliefs are my own and I don't pontificate like so many of you here do.I think this topic preferably should have been listed in the Spirituality and Religion Forum.

19. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Agreed. And that's not a putdown to anyone's faith, but the spirituality and Religion Forum is a better place for this thread, jes' sayin'.....

20. joy

joy New Member

OH yeah? Well ... um ... er ...

(((BANG)))