Not funny any more

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by thornapple, Oct 15, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Good luck on the book and hope you get to feeling better very soon.

2. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! The end is in sight, but it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. Well, I keep telling myself that it will all be done one way or another by Xmas....heh heh. Parts of the book are very exciting. Other parts are just a lotta drudgery---especially when being written by the balloon-faced cranky woman with the whining ears.

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Great to hear it was a reaction you could fix......Lisa

4. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Hmmmm...having a relapse. Woke up this morning with half again as much face as I went to sleep with. I am all puffy, swollen and red and can't focus again. I even took a lot of benadryl last night before I went to bed. When will it end? I look like a freak and feel peculiar. Not thinking well, either. I have to go in to the office for a staff meeting this morning, too, so seeing me look like this will lend credibility to my illness. Or maybe they will just think I came down with the uglies.

Going to take an antihistamine every four hours again and see if I can make it go away. Got a ton of work to do today===will I have enough brain to do it with? Dang....and the ear is screaming and beeping again, too. I am now what they call "a piece of work".

It's amazing how patient work is being with my prolonged absence. I am very grateful.

I have an important presentation in one week. Will I be able to pull it off? I have to pull the images together and complete it today, too. I think I will go back to caffeine just to get through this next week.

I finally got an appointment for the headache outpatient clinic. They have me scheduled for three hours in early November for intake testing and interviews. I hope this is the road to recovery. There has to be a solution out there for me.

5. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Dear Thornie-

Your allergies and swelling are scaring me.... I know you have diagnosed allergies.... do you see an allergist? and if so- do you carry an epi-pen with you at all times?
    Benadryl is excellent..... but it won't cover a full fledge anaphylactic reaction. If you don't have one, please talk to your doctor and get one (for security).

Big hugs and hang in there,
    Di

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

That's a good idea. I just got a card from them yesterday telling me it's time for my 6 month checkup. I'll call them this afternoon. Good call.

love,
    moonface

7. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Hang in there Thornie! Being puffy and swollen just ain't no fun :'(.