Not funny any more

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by thornapple, Oct 15, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Thornie,

Whats in the migrelief? I would stop that too just in case, bless your heart sweety.

2. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Yeah, I did stop it....it's vitamin B2, magnesium, and feverfew. you never know...could be the feverfew. But I bet it's the Lexipro, cuz this all started as soon as I took it. It's hard to tell, though. However, you couldn't pay me to take it again.

This happens to my daughter with penicillin, and it happened to my mother with hair dye, and to my grandfather with laundry detergents and additives. We are just a sensitive, allergic bunch of migraineures, starting with the Welshman.

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Glad you're doing better. Hope you're back to "normal" by the morning!

4. jagmi

jagmi New Member

Hi Thornie,
    Just read this, wow dosn't sound fun. Glad you are doing better and on your way to normal. You still are going to see The Dr. in AM correct, I would.
    Take care and keep lots of benadryl on hand. LOL
    Joe

5. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Awwwww Thornie...what a bummer :mad: :'( but glad the benedryl is helping...does sound more like an allergic reaction than the pred, but I know what Di id yakking about ;D I already have a "moon" shaped face..and the pred really enhanced that :D :D :D

You take care darlin :-* and even though it seems impossible at this point in time things will improve in in the future...it has to for you are a wonderful person :)

Lexipro did a number on me too, but it effected the BP, not an allergic reaction like you :'( :'( :'(

Hang in there sweetie {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

6. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

My Dear Spikefruit!

{{{{{{A gentle kiss on the ear and forehead}}}}}}}}

Not good bye, just good luck!

God Bless you my friend,

Mike

7. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Went in to see the doc this morning, still puffy-faced, and my eyes don't focus. Apparently even my eyeballs are swollen. He said to languish at home another day and take more benadryl. I'll take it later because my brain actually feels available for the first time in WEEKS, and I am going to make use of it today. I feel tons better and I have tapered the prednisone down to 10 mg a day with fairly good effect, so maybe I can get off of it, which would be good. I feel like sleeping, but I can do that later.

Oh yeah, and he said if I hadn't been on prednisone already it would have been much worse. So...lucky me. HAHAHAHAHA

8. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Thornie - just remember to PACE YOURSELF!!! I know how wonderful it is to feel like you have your energy (or brains :eek:) back, but don't try to do everything at once. Take it easy on your sweet self.

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Better today....that's good news :-*!

10. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Ha. My body paces me pretty well. Fell asleep over the laptop about 2 p.m. and woke up when hubby came home, the laptop on sleep mode and the orange kitty sleeping on me and the laptop (I guess both were warm). So much for productivity. I am only good in the morning, it seems. The doc did think it would take a couple of weeks for all this to make its way out of my system....

11. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

darlin,
    i am so glad to hear you are doing better.
    HUGGS TO YOU!!!

12. pardonme

pardonme Guest

13. thornapple

thornapple New Member

No, because I have writing deadlines. Shucks. It's hard to write when I fall asleep while doing it.

I am going to take the knockout drops now, and then I will sleep like the embalmed. I seem to do better in the mornings.

14. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

{{{{{ THORNIE }}}}}

I hope today is a better day for you!!!! Despite everything you have dealt with, you always maintain your sense of humor! :-* :-* :-*

Love,
    Stacey

15. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Oh dear Thornie !!! (((((Thornie hugs))))) !!!! I am sorry I haven't responded while you were going thru all this, I had no idea. How you keep your sense of humor is beyond me, but an inspiration to us all, no doubt. I am glad you acted on this right away and your hubbie was there to get you benedryl. Wow, that was indeed scary. It kinda takes it out of you, doesn't it? I mean the fear and all.

Take gentle care of yourself until you are back in the pink, okay???

Lexapro, I was on it for about a year and went off of it due to my bp being so high. You never know about combining herbs with meds how it will react, thank goodness you are okay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparrow

16. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Oh, no, now you must mention them!!!! Where, oh where? hehehehehehehehehehehehe let's place bets!

you know, even my eyeballs swelled up and just today things are starting to come back into focus a little....I do not want to do that ever again. No thenk yew.

17. Lydia

Lydia New Member

Hi Thornapple,
    I have been busy and haven't checked in lately, and just read about your ordeal! WOW! I am so sorry! I also noticed you mentioned at the bottom of your message, that now it may not be an acoustic schwaunoma? What has changed there? That would be good news, so I am hoping that is true! Lydia

18. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Hi, how are you? I am still recovering....was just thinking about you today.

The experts apparently have a conflict of opinion. I went for a second opinion and he said he thought it was inconclusive. So....that's good. I guess. Anyway, I am still dragging from my allergic attack. I look pretty rough--green around the gills--so nobody says anything other than goodbye when I go home from work after three hours.

I think what I really need is about two weeks in bed. But I just pretty much had that already, and nothing got better. Frustrating. I hope things get better shortly.

19. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Thornie,
    So glad you are doing better. That would have scared the hell out of me if my face and lips were swelling!!!!!

Take Care,
    Maggie

20. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Well, here is the latest update---it turns out the stuff that did me in remains in the body for about two weeks before it starts to completely clear out. So I keep having relapses. I tried to taper off the prednisone at the same time, and it just didn't work well as the pred keeps down the allergic symptoms and reactions.

So I have to stay on a low dose of prednisone, and continue to take antihistamines, until the drug I am allergic to has vacated my body. Otherwise I will continue to swell up every afternoon and evening, which is what I did for the last week. It sucked. I am starting to feel like one of those blow-up dolls.

Dang. Wish I had figured this out earlier---I would not have lost so much time. I am so far behind now....oh, well.

Now it's write, write, write for the next three days. GO FOR IT>>>>>>>!!!!!!! Got to get this book done.