none

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by tess, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. tess

tess New Member

2. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Re: What is wrong with this picture? or lack of!

Try and plug everything in and turn on the computer. Most devices are plug and play. When they play they do not have all of the functionality until you load up the software.

Confusing I know, but these machines are getting smarter.

3. dizzynana

dizzynana New Member

Suzanne, dear

You could just ask someone in highschool and they would have it all hooked up in a jiffy... :D :D :D

Lynn

4. tess

tess New Member

5. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

oh, that's too funny! You NUTS! :D

6. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

LOL - I can relate! I think they outsource the manuals to foreign lands too. That is where the technical helps comes from. ::)

A few years ago my monitor just died and I had to buy a new one - and don'tcha know the new one had a CD that went with it - it was Sansung.

I also have a really high performance power outlet - heck forget what they are called - those things you plug cords into that prevent power surges and keep power on for a while after the real power is cut??? Well it also came with software. Duh? I plugged it in and then plugged in everything else. I was told I ddin't HAVE to install the hardware for it as well. I still wonder why I have a CD for the power unit.

My 11 year old grand son has taught me a thing or two about Windows XP - this is new to me. I have been operating on windows 98 all this time. ???

:D :D

7. Re: What is wrong with this picture? or lack of!

You might remember I had my motherboard quit on me--on the machine I don't have hooked up to the internet, which I consider my main computer. I ended up buying a complete new box except for the hard drives, and had to re-install all of the software and pretty much kiss windows 98 goodbye (I can still boot up in it for a couple of things but it's crippled for doing most of the things I do on the computer--many drivers that I need for the new box just don't exist for it).

Next step is to upgrade the machine I use on the internet. I'll wait until my employer surpluses something and build a system on it.