Nickname game

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by Shining, Aug 31, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Shining

Shining "knowing is half the battle" ~~~GI Joe

Has anyone had a nickname, something the family or friends call you?

Mine was "Belle" because my father said I was his Southern belle. My Wiccan name is NaMemP'hesh which is ancient Egyptian for "shining in the darkness".

2. tirednwinded

tirednwinded New Member

My Family Calls me bols... yes bols or balls... Since I have these cute collection of baby fats in between my armpits when I was younger which they love to pinch. So thats about it.

And on my HS years, I was nicked Einstein, as I regularly invent stuff or fix stuff which my friends didnt know how to do.

On my Basketball squad in College, I was called Barricade, for some obvious reasons as the main defensive line.

And with my college buddies, I was called DOOM, as the advent of the rpg (role player game) and fps (first person shooter) games came abound, I was the best player...

3. Tara

Tara New Member

My dad used to call me Miss Tara. He was very creative. ;) My son calls me Princess. He's going to make a good husband some day. :)

4. Bastet

Bastet New Member

My real name is Martha. When I published my magazine and did my metal radio show I was known as Black Metal Martha. Some people still call me that. \m/

5. phildsc

phildsc New Member

In the late 30s/early 40s, Jack Benny had a radio show and Phil Harris was his band leader. As a joke Jack called Phil "Philsey Lamb". Mu cousinn called me that and it bugged me, so she never stopped for the next 50 years.

6. kay

kay New Member

My mother called me KKKKK-katey, the only girl for me
    My friends call me KayWeesie
    and My students call me KP

7. Kierralee7

Kierralee7 New Member

My nickname was Smiley.... because I smiled all the time... have laugh lines around my mouth by the time I was 5... lol

8. Cara

Cara New Member

My dad called me "Missyflootarker", I have no idea why or what it meant!

9. zewkeepr

zewkeepr New Member

I was constantly tripping over my own feet as a child-and other things-so my Dad came up with the obvious-Grace-and the not so obvious, Riccochet. The later has stuck for 50 years. MOST humiliating.

10. Tara

Tara New Member

When I was a kid, I used to be bad for putting my shoes on the wrong feet, so my mom always called me "Wrong-way Williams"

11. Donis

Donis Bilateral Menieres/MAV...

My Dad called me "Pete", he used to coach and I played basketball starting at age 3. "Pete" was a tribute to the late great Pistol Pete Maravich!

12. winsome

winsome Misplaced Dumbass

No idea why, but I went all through school being called 'Spud'

13. wendylynn

wendylynn New Member

My Dad called me tweetie bird when I was really little. And, as an adult, it changed to Window. Guess my Dad thought Wendy and Window kind of went together. :)

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

sis
    boo
    princess

15. tinyone

tinyone New Member

Mine were: Peanut or Bad-Bad

16. rose

rose New Member

when i was little, my eyes had a squinty look, so my family gave me the name chinkeyes. They then added chipmunk cheeks cause I had pudgy cheeks :D Thank goodness that only lasted a few years. :)

17. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

I'm called PapaDisc (or grampa by my daughter & g'daughters)

PapaDisc came because I took up the game of Ultimate Frisbee when I was 35 yo. Being much older than a lot of the people playing, I used that as my e-mail address and it stuck.

18. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

When I was working as a waitress I was called Sunshine and Smiley by the adults and Miss Donna by the kids (many of whom I watched grow up and bring THEIR kids in to meet me). Now I am called buschia which is Polish for grandmother by all my grandkids and great grandkids. Donna

19. Shining

Shining "knowing is half the battle" ~~~GI Joe

My cat's current nickname: "ARGGGGGH! I'm gonna GET you, you little *expletive deleted* Bad cat! No nummies! *gives cat dirty look* He wee'd on my important paper from the Nursing Board. It was on my DESK! The little brat does it for attention! Maybe they won't notice?!

20. jesseandalison

jesseandalison New Member

in high school friends called me OGER!

I was hairy!