New to the site

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mark, Dec 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Mark,

There is no where else that you could write those words and have folks understand, but here. We know what being mad as hell feels like. I need a kick in the ass myself too sometimes. Just glad your back and heres to healing :-*

2. Mark

Mark New Member

Thanks, Charisse!

Letting you know, I am a priest. This past Sunday I had an episode just before Mass. I sweating beyond belief and thought that I was going down. At the end of Mass I shared with the people about my situation. It was good.

Thank you for your ssupport.

Blessings,
    Mark

3. charisse

I can imagine how you must feel being a priest and having to deal with this stuff. We have a pastor on this site who had to leave his church, his name is rev. I am also a christian and can no longer fellowship, I do most of that here online. I hope you can feel safe here sharing your burdens with us.

4. Mark

Mark New Member

To All of You,

I need to also say that I am fairly new to writing my thoughts on the internet. Sorry for my low learning curve!

Blessings,
    Mark

5. charisse

Mark,

Thats ok, I never used a comutor before I got sick. I thought people who used them to talk to others was weird. This place and my faith saved me though. I will have rev pm you, I know he would be of great support to you being your both leaders in the church.

6. burd

burd New Member

Welcome back Mark.
    You will find us to be a very forgiving bunch as we all well know how difficult and frustrating life can be. Good to see you back and feeling a bit better.
    Terry

7. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

welcome back Father Mark ;D

I'm delighted you are back, welcome!

I go through times I'm mad at God for all of this and I get really mad and frustrated with myself

Fell twice since last night, just "THUMP", down......... and I get sooooo angry

So I think I do know how you feel, and I hope you stick in here with us, you may find we need you as much as you need us :)

Sunrise

8. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you for all of your kind and supportive words!

Blessings,
    Mark

9. ariapace

ariapace New Member

mark,
    i just read this thread. i think it's neat that you and everyone else have been so honest and forgiving too! we all can go through many emotional ups and downs. i also work in a church, as a musician, and i know what it's like to have to be there at a certain time and have to perform and not know if i'm going to be dizzy or not. it's stressful!!! :(

please check out the meniere's database in the "strictly health" area, as people have mentioned. there's lots of good information there. and the search function is useful, too. although all the posts were lost when the site crashed a few months ago, the information is building back up.

10. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Welcome Mark :D :D

I haven't been able to respond to you because I have been in bed for awhile since my symptoms have gotten much worse. I think you may find that from time to time this happens to all of us, as this is a cyclical disease process. Somedays are more active than others here at this site but eventually I have found that members will go back and respond to posts that were put up here weeks ago. For example, I just discovered that one of our members lost their dog and that was 18 days ago, I just missed his post and I feel pretty crummy about missing it, even though I was responding to others posts on that date. It happens.

Give us a chance :D :D and welcome to this website Mark :D :D

Sparrow

11. Anubis

Anubis Take a walk on the Wild Side

Welcome back Mark!

I am glad you are back and have taken onboard what everyone has said. We are all in this dizzy boat together and you won't find a more caring, helpful bunch than this lot.

Now - how can I help?

Cheers
    Linda

12. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Hi Mark-

I also missed this post... which this has been the weekend from *ELL for me too.
    Please know that you are warmly welcomed here. Like Anubis said--we are all in the same boat together. It's hard to not take our frustrations out on others, but especially here-- we all have our daily struggles and need to be supportive of each other!
    If a post hasn't received many replies, that doesn't mean no one cares-- it most likely means that it hasn't been read that much- or those who have read it don't know how to reply at that time.
    Please feel free to ask any questions- not all of us will have the answers, but most likely there will be at least one person who knows how to answer it.

Hang in there and once again- Welcome,
    Dianna

13. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Hey Mark! So very glad you decided to return and give us another chance. Really and truely! See you post in the am and I'm a pm poster. Things take time.

I think is is great that you shared with your congregation. It makes it easier if something does happen, they will know what is going on with you and if they are good folk they will understand and try to help. Much like we will.

Praying that your depression is on it's way out!

Love and Hugs

14. Mark

Mark New Member

Thanks, cdedie! I'm glad to be back and felt the warmth from all of the members' replys today. Yes, I've rolled out of that last pity party that I gave myself :) The group's support is truely a gift! It is my desire to be a part of the team that supports all of us.

Blessings,
    Mark

15. nave alta

nave alta Guest

It's a big man, one with humility, that would come back and apologize as you have here. A wholehearted welcome Mark.

16. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Mark,

Welcome back! You do have a lot to offer everyone here. I'm glad the pity party is over, but don't be surprised if you have another one. It's hard to stay positive all the time.

Tracy

17. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Mark ~

I turn to the members when I can't carry my burdeons anymore and I honestly don't know what I would have done without everyone's love and support here. Oftentimes I worry that others will think I am having my own pitty party and I do so dislike using that word but I put it out there anyway. We all are entitled to feeling bad for ourselves, especially with Menieres and all it brings to us to deal with.

Just keep sharing, as we are here to help :D

Sparrow :D

18. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

Glad you're back Mark. You'll find that this site is great for helping you through your pity moments. I know my family and friends get tired of having to deal with my very unusual swings that accompany this disease. I try not to be a burden to them If I can help it.

On the other hand, I've never felt like I was a burden to the members of this group. That's what we're here for - to help one another one day at a time! :) Welcome!

19. rev

rev New Member

Mark,
    I too am a minister and know what it is like to have this and try to fulfill your calling. If you can trust a protestant :), know I'll do anything I possibly can to help you through this. Most folks don't know that ministers are the care givers and typically have a very small support network.
    So, welcome to the group. BTW - stay with the work as long as you are able. One of the most difficult days of my life was the day I had to "retire" because of my health. It is more than a career. It is who we are in so many ways. God has opened new avenues for me with my friends on this site. It isn't the same as face to face interaction, but it is an oppurtunity to use my gifts and fulfill my calling.
    Hope you find all you need from this site and from our Lord.
    You are my brother. PM me if you need anything.

Blessings
    rev

20. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Mark,
    Thank you for coming back, communicating your need, and giving the site and its members a second chance.