New to the site

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mark, Dec 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. JLewis

JLewis New Member

Welcome Mark,
    I am new to and today was bad for me due to weather chages here in Alaska.I had to miss work and I still fell a bit dizzy but I am getting better.

2. jabber

jabber New Member

I totally agree with Terry, she said it all and said it well. We are here to support each others "ups" as well as their "downs". We all have MM and yes we've had rough times and still having rough times, so you are not alone in the boat by any means. If it's help surviving this you want you came to the right place. Loretta

3. Bayhi

Bayhi New Member

Take your Valium, Mark.
    ???

4. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

I think Mark decided we were worthless and left because we did not respond quick enough.

BTW - Terry very well said. I thought that the other day but didn't post it. You did MUCH better than I could have.

5. nadin

nadin New Member

Hi mark just want to say welcome to the sight and yes I think Terry is right also. We can't guess what you are feeling you have to be able to tell us. We all have our ups and downs with this disease it is not always good, but you have to make the most of it by doing what you can do to feel fullfilled.

I used to be this all out there do everything super mom now I take it one day at a time minute by minute because I can't do things a fast or constant as I used to but with suport from family friends and the people on this board you will be able to understand that you are not alone with this disease. We are here for you. Like you we all share the same illness it just effects us all differntly. We are all dealing with this on all different levels and there is usually somebody here somewhere that knows what you are feeling on any given day. The support is here but it is up to you to make the conection and ask the question so you can get the support and answers you are looking for. ;)

All the best Deleah

6. kurt

kurt New Member

Mark is right, he does not need a slap on the back- he needs a kick in the ass!!!!!

7. burd

burd New Member

:D
    These thoughts did cross my mind too, I'll blame it on my hormones! :D

8. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

Terry, what you said is what a lot of us were thinking. Someone had to say it!

I noticed in one of "Mark's" other posts that he seemed to be suffering from depression. It made me wonder if there weren't other issues in play with his posts. I think everyone tried to be as supportive as possible, but sometimes you just have to call the kettle black.

9. Anubis

Anubis Take a walk on the Wild Side

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

10. Anubis

Anubis Take a walk on the Wild Side

All I can say to Mark is don't sh*t in your own nest mate!

Having said that, we are here for you, but we need to know exactly what you are going through to be able to respond in the way you want us to. Ask specific questions if you want specific answers, but don't EVER be so damn rude to us again!

11. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I have come back to this thread quite a bit. I was wanting to ask Mark what was up. with his posts. I even pmd burd that I felt the same way she did but could not post it. I wondered if he was a troll and the more I read his post, wondered if this person was so angry and depressed that he was at the end of his rope. That thought really stayed with me and so there was a part of me that felt bad for him.

I don't know, something just touched me tonight, wondering if he was for real, and if he is, how I could feel his pain. I have been duped before so who knows.

12. kurt

kurt New Member

Mark, at the age of 26 and 2 days before my first child was born I was diagnosed with rhumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus. R/A cripples you and SLE can be fatal. I lost my construction business and returned to school to become a math and science teacher. I began to have very serious MM symptoms while doing my student teaching. I did graduate with my second college degree but never did teach because of the MM. After several years of odd jobs I started back in business. My MM went away for several years and has returned with a vengence. My immune system is practically non -existent and I have been in the hospital this past month with kidney stones. I forgot to mention that my insurance company dropped me when I first got diagnosed with R/A and SLE. Therefore every time I think I am begginning to do well I seem to get sick and then lose all my savings again. You know what Mark, nobody seems to really care though. I struggle because I refuse to throw in the towel. And now this MM has the best of me. This past week I have had two episodes with no warning at all, where was driving and I began to seem to spin uncontrollably. Luckily I was in a driveway. I fear that once again I am about to lose everything on top of battling all of these things each day. Yet I realize that alot of people are worse off than I and have alot less. I do not post very often because I cannot type very well because of the R/A. I do read a fair amount and have never seen any thing like you wrote. People are on here trying to support eachother and for some strange reason you have gone off the wall. We all had former lives that have been destroyed by illness yet that does not give us the right to be rude to others. I found out very quickly that if you have one good friend consider yourself lucky. For me it has been my wife, all others scattered when I became ill. Remember, laugh and the world will laugh with you/cry and you will cry alone. Most people in the world do not want to hear about your problems, here it seems like they do and want to help. Do not piss off people that want to help you because the line they come from is very short. Most people who do not have MM will not even believe that anything is even wrong with you. Of all of the problems I have the MM is the hardest to deal with. I hope that you can get what you are looking for here!

13. chez57

chez57 Never invisible but always transparent

I've been reading this thread with interest and really to see if Mark actually responded back. I suspect he is long gone. Someone so angry isn't going to stick around to read what he already knows.

In a way I feel sorry for him that he has such a synical attitude, but we don't know enough about him to understand why. Saying that it no way excuses his attitude.

Think its time to move on. Everyone did their best to offer support and for those who offered it first and felt the rebuff whatever you do don't take it personally, there are lots of people who do appreciate your support.

14. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you, all, for the, "kick-in-the-ass!" It was one of my worst days and I took it out on you. I'm so sorry! I should know better. I guess I wanted to save my family from my anger. Again, sorry. You all have valuable advise on how to positively go forward. Thank you for the positive input.

Mark

15. chez57

chez57 Never invisible but always transparent

Mark

We all react in different ways, at different times, towards different people. That's what makes us human.

Sometimes because we are behind a screen typing away, it is easy to perhaps say things we shouldn't or in a tone we wouldn't normally use if we were face to face.

We all have our reasons - Welcome back

Chez

16. Mark

Mark New Member

Thanks, Chez,

I really did not intend to hurt others. Thanks for your understanding.

Blessings,
    Mark

17. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Welcome Mark!

Stick around...there are better days here.

How about a hug?

[​IMG]

18. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you, Bergie,

Forgiveness and and a hug are great!

Blessings,
    Mark

19. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I was right, I had a gut feeling you where in horrible pain. Please know we are here for you.

20. Mark

Mark New Member

Dear Charisse,

Thank you for your kind and understanding words. I should have not wrote the words that I did. As you and the others are here for me, I want to be present for others.

Blessings,
    Mark