New to the site

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mark, Dec 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mark

Mark New Member

Good Day to All of You!

I am new to this site. Mayo gave me the news in 2003. My life has been in a spiral sense then. I have many good days, but when the low fronts come in, my life takes a dive. Just this past Wednesday I had trembling and could not focus because of the low front comming into Michigan. Am I along? I feel see desperate.

2. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Welcome Mark! I'm new too but oh my! The people here are the nicest, friendliest bunch I ever did meet.

I originate from Michigan but am in Kentucky now, and also very very reactive to weather. Please feel free to post, ask anything, gripe, brag up the good days, and know you found a place that understands :)

(How's that for a newbie welcome? ;) )

Sunrise

3. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank You, Sunrise.

4. Mark

Mark New Member

I wanted support from those on line, but received little. I guess it is true that those on-line are fools.

5. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Well Mark, there are fools everywhere, and so little is known or understood about Meniere's IMO. You will receive tons of support and understanding here so post away. I've been told it's all in my head (by so called friends) and to get off the pity trip. I said "yes, it IS all in my head, and very hard to ignore being so close to my brain and all!"

Hang in here with us, I really think we can make it through with this group ;) They've welcomed me wonderfully and I blab all day long!

6. Mark

Mark New Member

Thank you for the kind words. I seem to see very shallow converation about a very big issue.

7. Mark

Mark New Member

OH MY GOD! Where does one go for support and for direction?!

8. Mark

Mark New Member

Is this group truely worthless?? If so, end it now!!!!!!!!! I'm comming close to my end with this.

9. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Perhaps try expressing a bit more of what you are struggling with? What kind of support? There are various boards here, one with tons of information. Others where we laugh together or lament and cheer each other on.

You can get out what you are willing to put in Mark. Your posts are puzzling me.

10. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Dear Mark,

I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time right now with your symptoms. People that post on this site live all over the world and have many different degrees of the symptoms that make up Meniere's and other associated disorders. Quite a few have posted about how their symptoms seem to increase with changes in the weather. My suggestion to you is to ask a specific question and please give the other members that use this web-site and may be able to comment a chance to respond. You may also wish to check out the Meniere's Disease Data Base on the home page of this forum. There is a lot of in depth information there that may help you. Another suggestion that really helped me was to start a log keeping track of what you eat, your sleeping pattern, plus weathern and anything else that you find triggers your symptoms. Looking back on this information can be quite helpful in detecting patterns that lead to increased symptoms. Good luck to you.

11. bigfool

bigfool New Member

Welcome Mark,

This is a slower time of the day for responses. Check back in a couple hours and I bet you will have several, all very nice people spinning with you.

The chat room used to be open and very popular at night, but I'm not sure if they have re-opened it since the crash awhile ago.

And weather is a big trigger for me as well. I tell the family how to dress in the morning by how the head is feeling! :p

Marci

12. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Mark

I am orginally form Michigan too! Muskegon Area! now retired in northern Wisconsin. no snow here as of yet.

Weather is my biggest trigger also, the pressure changes really set me off...off to bed or the couch.

Welcome you came to the right place.

hang in there
    Tuck....aka Danny

13. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum - you've found the right place for support and understanding. We also have a wealth of knowledge here. Stick around and I think you'll agree. Sorry we don't have a chat room at the moment but if you post questions/comments you'll find the responses roll in pretty quickly.

Weather changes drive me crazy too.

Amethyst

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Welcome Mark!

Weather doesn't affect me, but I know it affects many.

Hang in there! Don't let it get the best of you!

15. burd

burd New Member

Hi Mark,
    I've been with this group for about a year and a half. I've learned so much more here than I would from doctors. There are many ways to cope, many different triggers to our symptoms. Here I've learned ways of getting through daily obstacles, celebrating small achievements, support for pretty much everything, as I'm sure you know, menieres affects so many different aspects of our lives.
    Sometimes it takes time for the responses, as we are dealing with time zones from around the world, so be patient. I know it's hard to sometimes when we are frustrated and scared and sick of being sick. There are so many people here with different experiences to draw on.
    I hope you'll hang around, ask questions, read, have fun on the front porch or fun and games room, as a little escapism can be needed when dealing with what we have to.
    Best wishes to you, and welcome to the forum.
    Terry

16. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Mark,

Welcome to the forum. You need to find what triggers your symptoms. Start a symptom journal.

Record:
    When you eat
    What you eat
    What meds you take
    When you take the meds
    Your MM symptoms and changes thru the day (times)
    Stress levels
    Menstruation

Food allergies are a fairly common trigger for MM especially gluten (wheat & other grains) and dairy. If your symptoms usually get worse after eating the same type of meal then you can try eliminating that food from your diet. If you eliminate an allergen it should give you some relief with in a week or two at the most.

Common triggers:
    Sodium
    MSG
    Stress
    Fatigue
    Wheat
    Dairy

Less common but reported triggers:
    Nicotine
    Seasonal allergies
    Hormones
    Alcohol
    Caffeine
    Other inhalant allergies
    Other food allergies
    Weather
    NutraSweet

Good luck, Tracy

17. Mark

Mark New Member

It's nice to see the back-slapping on this site. I don't need people that want the affections of others, I want to listen from those that have gone before.

18. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Mark - I've been dealing with this disease for 31 years, and I'm still seeing the good side of life. It's all in the perspective and attitude.

19. burd

burd New Member

What exactly are you looking for here? You first come on and get upset because you aren't getting responses fast enough, and then when you do, you get sarcastic and rude.
    People have taken time out of their lives to respond to you with kindness, and you get insulting and snotty.
    I even pm'd you this morning, and you didn't respond to me. Responding goes both ways you know.
    We all are dealing with meniere's, and many of us have depression, and some of us even have more than that to deal with. And yes, many of us do need the affections and slaps on the back support just to get through life, one day at a time.

You may consider civility and gratitude for the kindness of others when they take the time to try to help you and to welcome you here.

You know what? I don't usually talk like this to others but you just stepped on the wrong nerve today.

20. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. ;D

Maggie