New article published in "Hearing Health" on Menieres Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by solari, Apr 12, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Very Cool.

I love the ending.

"Just remember that the down moments you'll encounter with Meniere's Disease are just speed bumps in the road of your life." :)

2. Rebeller

Rebeller New Member

Thank you for that. I know it's going to help me now more than ever..

3. wolfman

wolfman New Member

Thank you so much for posting the Article.
    Knowing I am not dealing with this illness alone is a great source of comfort to me.

4. rev

rev New Member

Big "Thank You!"

5. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Wonderfully written.

6. letscureitnow

letscureitnow New Member

Great job..... I post rarely, but read often in the past 7 years of my disease.. The last two paragraphs should be printed and kept with the Meniere's patient so that they constantly remind themselves tat during attacks that "It won't change you, just let it pass".. I want to thank all of you loyal and respectful posters that have shared your support all these years.. It took me till just recently to do what Ray said here and just accept my life for what it is and let people adapt to me if they can, if not, I don't dwell too much.. I figure the dwelling and fighting makes the disease worse in some way and I won't let "anything" be in it's arsenal.. I beat the attacks because I tell the formerly "so called beast" that it won't win. Gives me the ultimate power over it, even during a tough flare up.., and I suffer almost constantly, but it can't have my life because I won't let it.

Thanks, Ray, for the wonderful forum...

7. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Ray, Your article was very interesting and I just want to thank you for providing this site. It is wonderful to talk with others that feel the same way we do and that understand all the physical and emotional aspects of mm. Bless you!!! Donna

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Thank you Ray for sharing the article and so glad for you that it is published.

You describe my feelings and I am so glad I found this forum, I told my ENT about this site a few years ago, and wanted to know what he thought, he told me that if I felt secure and comfortable and it helped to go for it, I was thrilled, I told him the name of this site and when I got home, I immediately signed up.

Thank you for ALL you do, I appreciate it.

Ruth <daize> :)

9. Terri-Lee

Terri-Lee New Member

Definitely something to share with family and friends who may not be able to understand.
    Thanks

10. Libby

Libby New Member

Thank you so much for this great article. Will share with family and co-worker. This will help them get a better understanding of Menieres Disease. Thank you again :)

11. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I use the story to tell others what it's like so that they understand things better. It can be helpful to show to spouses and best friends, too.

Here's to all of us having a spin free day!

Ray

12. hoopndoc

hoopndoc New Member

Ray,
    excellent article - I think sometimes the biggest step we take is to realize that we have an incurable disease and know that we have to deal with this day in and day out - Our attitudes can often make us or break us, in Meniere's and everything else. Thanks for emphasizing the positive aspects of this, as well as any, illness and our never ending fight for answers and relief.
    Hoopndoc

13. Beth

Beth New Member

Thanks Ray for this great article and priceless forum! :) :)

Your remarks about living with meniere's are right on the mark, and I can honestly say that this forum has helped me LIVE with this disease, instead of constantly despairing over my symptoms!

Best wishes and may God bless you,

Beth

14. littlebear

littlebear New Member

Thank you Ray. ;D When I was first diagnosed and scared I found your forum. It helped tremendously to know that people, regardless of the challenges meniere's presents, were coping and helping each other and living their lives. Reading people's comments reduced my anxiety a great deal and gave me a perspective that helped me understand and cope. I have recommended and discussed your forum with my ENT and my family has also checked it out and found it valuable. Thanks again!

15. Diamond

Diamond New Member

Thanks for the article - excellent work! Also, thanks for sharing......

16. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

Ray thanks for sharing your article, and how you have grown since MM entered your life.

It is very informative, and extremely positive for something so negative… but, it is only a negative it we allow it to be, right?

17. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

Nicely put. Good to read as I sit here with pressure building and my own private symphony building to a crescendo. I have learned to be grateful for those attacks that are just "wobbles" and not full-blown attacks.

Your article might help educate those people who say, "oh yes my brother (mom, cousin, self, etc.) gets dizzy too." MM is not just dizziness!!

18. joyoncnrse

joyoncnrse New Member

Thank you so much. Its hits home. This is an excellent article for others to read that are not famiiar with MM . Well said . Paige

19. kimmy

kimmy New Member

great article, especially the bit about the 'brain fog' i have always described it as being 'fuzzy'.

20. Texasgal

Texasgal New Member

Ray, a wonderful article. Wish everyone with Menieres had could read it..Many thanks..

Kaye