need supportive dr in bay area - for paperwork any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yukookoo, Aug 5, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

  1. yukookoo

    yukookoo New Member

    THe specialist i used to see through kaiser - which i dont have anymore is out of practice and i cant get a hold of her.

    I need some paperwork signed to get a balance dog. I finally found an organization that has a candidate ready and will work with me, but they have med history paperwork as part of the ap process.

    Kaiser (HMO) will not work with me. My med records say meniere;s but 2 years ago so they will not sign the paperwork for me without a re evaluation and since i dont have this hmo anymore they will not serve me. I am bilateral and believe I have had MM since birth. Have had symptoms as long as I can remember. At this point my balance has gotten really bad.

    I can get a copy of my records and take them to another dr of course. Now I need to find either a gen practitioner or someone to evaluate cheaply and sign for me. I called the ca ear institute they said 600$ and 2 weeks wait period to make an appointment. I cant afford that.

    Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. June-

    June- New Member

    Is there a university hospital that might see you on a sliding scale? Would the society offering the dog make a suggestion if they knew your predicament? Might they even know a free clinic or foundation that would pay for your visit? I'd ask and keep asking. I wonder if rather than having a dr sign the paperwork, you could just say 'see attached' and attach a copy of your records from a few years ago. You might try that. I did that with jury duty. I finally got a dr to write a short note but the bulk of the 'supporting evidence' was a year old letter from one dr to another about me. If you have that much perhaps any family dr might sign a paper for you or I am guessing that may not even be required. How about this place?

Share This Page