Need Support

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by abroxter, Apr 16, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. abroxter

abroxter New Member

Hello everyone..... hope this finds everyone doing well. I just needed needed a little support tonight. It's been a rough wk for me physically. Hope I feel better soon. I have 3 kids I love to death and don't want to miss a beat. :) I went to being diagnosed approx 3 yrs ago and only having maybe 2 attacks to now having more then I ever care to think about. (Sigh) But I know I'll be ok.... I'm just really bummed right now and just needed some support from people who can relate. Thanks everyone.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Big hugs to you xx

It'll be ok ... we all have those days. :(

Better days ahead.

3. Sholly

Sholly New Member

So sorry you're having a tough time right now. It really bites when you feel this way. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you. Take a nice bath and try to relax.

4. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

You are not alone and we understand, but Caroline is right, there will be better days ahead.
    ((((((hugs)))))))

5. abroxter

abroxter New Member

Thanks guys.... even though I know it. Sometimes it helps just to hear it. Because as you know it does all build up and and can be a bit much at time. Lol.... and we don't have time for this. :) I physically feel like this might be a fair day... but we shall see. :) Have a blessed day. :)

6. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Good morning aBroxter, I hope today is better for you. I also hope you are trying one or more of the many treatment programs that have helped many of us. Don't depend on your doctor, they don't have and generally don't understand your case of Meniere's.

7. nicmger

nicmger New Member

My attacks always come in clusters and some of the initial clusters were longer than others - but after a while, with some great insight from my mom, I learned to appreciate the very simple things. The day that I don't go dizzy - thankful - even if the ear was roaring and I could feel like I "could" go dizzy if I didn't good. Then the days that I didn't feel quite as horrible...etc... This thing has definitely made me humble and appreciate things that others take for granted.

Also, if you don't already, my doctor prescribed Ativan (lorazapam) for when an attack hits or feels imminent; I place it under my tongue and even if the attack hits the med shortens it considerably (mine by at least 3/4!) which while still no where near optimum makes it a little more bearable - to make it through 2 hrs vs 6-8 hrs is "something".

Good luck. Remember, with this thing, today absolutely can be the perfect day - it can go into hiatus just as quickly as active!