need some advice (not mm related)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AmandaJ, Sep 29, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Yes those beautiful babies of your's must be lots of motivation for you.

Gwen

2. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hi Amanda, my daughter just recovered from an eating disorder (with a great prognosis), and the key to it was finding an awesome therapist. I had one in college that I recovered from, and boy do I wish they had the help now that they didn't then. We got a great name from a MD adolescent doctor....so many adolescents suffer from this if you can't get the name of a good doc from yours, call a local pediatrician! You can also find names on the web. To give you a hint the therapist we saw was the only one who returned my call (sad). But my daughter and I both loved her right away. I also have other problems such as diabetes, a colectomy, and thyroid disorder.....sometimes life can be overwhelming. Help is there, try to seek it out. We all support you! Lisa :)

3. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Hi Amanda,

Your post rang a bell with me. Years ago, just about the same time that my MM started, I developed hyperthyroidism. This gave me the opposite problem that you have. I lost gads of weight and my doctor told me to put on the calories, which I did by eating chocolate ice cream by the liters. I managed to stabilize my weight, but as luck would have it, my hyperthyroidism self resolved.

However, I kept on eating my ice cream and not surprisingly, I began to gain weight. Many people complemented me on how much better I looked, except for my doctor who said that I had gained too much weight. I agreed with him. I was feeling overweight. The doc and I put our heads together and came up with my goal weight. Based on my height and physique, we decided that I should keep my weight between 9 stones 6 pounds and 10 stones 2 pounds.

I was surprised at how many people said that I should weigh more, not less. However, health is important to me and I kept to my guns and lost a stone. Now I maintain my weight by making only small adjustments to my diet. If I lose a couple of pounds, I put them back on and if I gain a few, I take them off.

If I understand your post, you are in a good position: you are at your ideal weight and all you need to do is to keep your weight within a few pounds of this ideal. I’m sure your doctor would not want you to go over your ideal weight but you might want to mention to her that you are concerned that you might revert back to under eating or over exercising.

Be fit and have good self image.

Joe