Need help in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mini Moo, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mini Moo

Mini Moo New Member

Help! If you live in the Cincinnati area can you suggest a good Dr. with Meniere's background. I was going to a Dr. for many years who was wonderful. Sadly, he suffered a stroke and is no long in practice. My general family Dr. won't help me. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mini Moo

2. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Good luck. I don't live in Cincinnati--but understand the need for a good doctor--

Willie Marie

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Mini Moo and welcome -

Look for a neurotologist (notice the "t" in the middle).

I'm not in Cincinnati, so I don't have names for you. I hope someone else comes along who can help.

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

start here and keep looking

www.vestibular.org/images/ResourcePDF/ohio.pdf

God Bless,
    Mike

5. drewzilla652

drewzilla652 New Member

Hi Mini Moo,
    Yes, I can definately help you.
    I go to Dr. George Lesinski. He's a neurotologist, and happens to be much more current than Gayle Miller (I think that was his name). He's also rated one of the "Top 100 doctors in cincinnati."
    Anyway, I think he's pretty good. Meniere's is his specialty.
    If you need more help, email me at [email protected]

6. hydrops

hydrops New Member

U.C. Physicans is another option.

Myles Pensak
    Ravi Samy
    Daniel Choo
    David Steward

http://www.ucphysicians.com/searchbyspecialty.php

If you're having balance issues, I strongly recommend Dr. Patrick Shumrick. He's a physical therapist who runs the Center for Balance and Rehabilitation.

http://centerforbalanceandrehab.com/homepage1/

7. AnnieKYOH

AnnieKYOH New Member

I go to UC and see Dr. Pensak. He also did my shunt surgery. It is a very busy place, however, he sees a lot of MM patients. My Allergy/Immo. Doctor's wife has MM and she sees Dr. Pensak as well. The audiologists are also good there.