Neck instability?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Proust, Mar 13, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Proust

Proust New Member

Hello,

I was in a car accident in 2004. Starting late 2007, I started having MM symptoms including dizziness and ear fullness.

Since Oct 2008, I've been seeing a NUCCA doctor who's been really helpful. My dizziness symptoms have reduced and I was on the healing path. I was in another car accident (got rear-ended in a parking lot) in Jan 09. Since then, my neck has been really unstable.

What I mean by that is after a chiropractor adjustment, if I do the slightest thing to perturb the neck (like pull hard on a locked door or lift something even slightly heavy etc), my neck gets thrown out of balance and I start having dizziness issues almost right away. The chiropractor fixes the neck again and it's fine for a couple of days before some other event happens to dislodge it and I'm back to that unstable position.

I realize that the neck needs time to heal before it can regain its flexibility and strength but right now it looks like I'm caught in vicious cycle where I just can't give it enough time to heal w/o upsetting it by doing commonplace daily things.

Has anyone been through this and if so what did you do in the interim to allow your neck to become healthy and strong? Appreciate any help here.

Thanks,
    Kunal

2. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Whiplash causes things to become outstretched such as ligaments. Time to heal has alot to do with it. It may take weeks or months or may never truly heal completely. I have neck problems dating back to 1987. Took a good year for the initial injury to cause me minimal problems. I guess it was in '04 I bashed my head into the carframe of a car and have had issues since. I tried chiro, passive PT and stuff like that with some improvement but I have nerve damage now so can't give you the answer.