Naps

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Artlover, Sep 24, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

As simple as this sounds, I am discovering that naps really help my MM a lot. One of the biggest problems for me is fatigue. And when I am tired, then I get angry and frustrated. So if I can sneak in a nap, it is amazing how much better I feel. I always feel guilty but I have let go of that. I don't care anymore. So much of my life has been what others think, but I had to let that go. So if you can sneak in a siesta when noone is looking, you might have found a great remedy! Just thought I would pass it along....

2. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I take a nap every day,but if I sleep too long I can't sleep well at night.Having sleep apnea also adds to my problem.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

When I was a stay at home mom, eons ago, I looked forward to nap time also. They are so restorative. Now I am out of the house all day but exercise seems to have the same benefits as napping, in that I feel energized, awake and healthy.

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I stopped exercising.....how do I get back on horse?

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

One leg at a time.

6. Artlover

Walking is the best thing if you have stopped exercising. All you need to do is put your sneakers on and walk around the block. Done. Then you start to look forward to it!

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Artlover it is good to read that you are finding better ways to help yourself through MM. You have had it bad for so long with this disease but your posts are generally encouraging and positive. Keep up the good work. Nap on!

Dolfan quit being a lazy bum :D You are so full of excuses. Get out and work out. You owe it to yourself to fight your health problems.

8. Artlover

I have always found good ways to deal with this disease, Intrepid.

9. June-

June- New Member

Sleep deficits are responsible for many problems. It's the original stressor. And walking is the original exercise our bodies and brains are built for. Add to that drinking a lot of water, another simple way to help a lot of issues.

10. daBronx

daBronx New Member

At lunch today I felt a lot of discomfort in my chest after swallowing my food.Driving home I felt an unusual amount of aural fulness in my bad ear,maybe even some brain fog too.Then when I got home which was about 2 p.m.I took a really long nap 'til 5 p.m.Then I had some red grapes and then had some fish I bought at Trader Joe's for dinner.
    But lately I've been very concerned that I haven't been doing any walking.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Actually the other exercises we're built for (that have helped us survive) are sprinting and lifting heavy things. Those three "exercises" (walking, lifting and sprinting) are the best we can do for our bodies and health.

12. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I need a nap