My ViewsHound Articles

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Rhemajoy, Aug 28, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

No Kaboom? That is making me very anggggry!

2. tm53

tm53 New Member

:D

You did indeed watch Marvin.

3. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

brava

4. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

"Smile" A Short Story

http://www.viewshound.com/short-stories/2011/9/30/short-story-smile

5. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

This is a silly one I'm about to submit to ViewsHound.

The Great Bagel - Chapter 1

1. In the beginning, the Great Bagel created the flour.
    2. Now the flour was formless, and the yeast hovered over the waters.
    3. And the Great Bagel said, “Set the oven to 350 degrees." Then there was light; and it was so.
    4. The Great Bagel saw the light, and he separated the egg whites from the yolk.
    5. He called the whites meringue and the yolk he discovered ... was rotten ... and there was evening, and there was morning; the first day.
    6. Then the Great Bagel said, “Let us make the dough and let there be a rolling pin and board to flatten and separate the dough. And it was so.
    7. And the Great Bagel said, "let the dough rise." Then the evening and the morning were the second day.
    8. On the third day, the dough rose, and the Great Bagel saw that it was good.
    9. And then, the Great Bagel gathered all the grains and the oils. The sesame seed, and the oat bran, the polyunsaturated canola oil and all according to their various kinds. Then it was the fourth day.
    10. On the fifth day, the Great Bagel looked and said, "Let us form the bagel after our own image." And so, the round bagel was formed, after the image of the Great Bagel. But He was not satisfied.
    11. And the Great Bagel said, "It is not pleasing that the bagel is alone."
    12. He cut a hole out of the middle of the round bagel. Thus, the Great Bagel formed a second bagel, out of the bagel hole, so that the first would not be alone.
    13. And thus, on the sixth day, the Great Bagel formed the bagel; both with seeds and plain alike, he made them. He gathered the fat and the milk, along with the fruit and pectin.
    14. He called fat and milk "butter" and "cream cheese" and the fruit and pectin he named "jelly" and "jam." Then the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
    14. On the seventh day, after He had made the bagels and the condiments, the Great Bagel gathered together and then ate all his work, and it was good.

6. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Good job on winning the silver with your last article and good luck with this one!

7. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Thank you very much! :)

8. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Latest ViewsHound article.

Hello! My name is Helen | ViewsHound http://www.viewshound.com/lifestyle-other/2011/10/27/hello-my-name-is-helen--2?utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=achievement&utm_source=Twitter

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Very good, I like it alot!

10. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Thank you very much! :)

11. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

My newest article. Eat! Eat! Heaven forbid you should be so skinny! http://www.viewshound.com/health-fitness/2011/12/5/eat-eat-heaven-forbid-you-should-be-so-skinny

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I will read this soon.

13. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

I'm excited to report the article earned the silver prize award of $20.00. If anyone is interested in writing you should check out ViewsHound. They go through Facebook, but anyone can write for them. They have recently opened a writers market which allows people to create an account on there and purchase articles for their publication under an exclusive or nonexclusive license.

14. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Well it was fun while it lasted. ViewsHound closed so I won't be writing anymore articles for them. But it was a good experience, I have material for the future and maybe I will look into submitting me articles to other publications. Never know.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sorry to read this Helen. With your talent it won't be long before you find some other place to post your articles.

16. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

17. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Blogspot and Wordpress are good for easy blogging. You can start your own blog and write to your heart's content!

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Shart

Happy New Years Eve!

And a Happy, Prosperus, and Healthy New Year to you and Yours, and to ALL!

19. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Thank you, Gina. A happy New Year to you and yours as well and really, to everyone on .org.

Peace.

20. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

Thanks Shart. I do have a blog that I haven't done much with. But the advantage with ViewsHound was that it was a budding business venture. You submitted your work and could earn cash awards, also they had begun a Market Place where publications could register and browse and then purchase work submitted by the authors on ViewsHound. And the people running it was a group of editor out of London who were running the site on their own time. They were the ones doing the editing for the submissions being sent by the authors. So, it was just a great experience all around.