My method for stopping vertigo attacks while they are happening

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by wonderin, Jul 15, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. kay

kay New Member

Lee, you commented: "I notice no one yet has asked about my method. "

Let's be honest, if I did ask you point blank to share your method here, would you? I don't think so. You would encourage me to order your book. I am appalled that you are turning this wonderful and supportive forum into your infomercial. So, I am going to ask you nicely to move on and leave us. Make your money elsewhere.

2. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

My method is very simple. When I get fed up enough with barfing I'll find a way
    to inhale some MMJ; typically within 5-10 minutes the attack has pretty much
    completely abated. No Valium or other drugs needed, and instead of spending the
    rest of the day sleeping off the "Phenergan effect", I can do something productive.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

A lot of health conditions can be relieved by using trigger point therapy for myofascial release. It's an extremely vital technique that is simple, free and easy to learn.

What it can't do is "cure" many diseases. To say that any bodywork technique cures ALL conditions is misleading.

However, if you suffer from aches and pains that prevent you from moving around easily, sleeping well or bending, reaching upward, stretching, breathing properly, etc. it is worth looking into working out those small knots in your muscles. It will make your body feel so much better. You will gain flexibility and move around more freely.

But if you have Type 1 Diabetes, breast cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, macular degeneration, for example, no amount of working on trigger points is going to rid you of these conditions.

All things are possible with common sense.

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

MMJ?

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I wonder if someone pm'd and asked nicely, would she send them any of the books?

NO. But I could download on the kindle I don't have or order them.

No thanx, I've had enough of this.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

http://www.trigfix.com/my-story/

You can read this person's blog to know more. It starts with her story and how she found that trigger points were messing up her muscles and movements.

You don't have to pay anything. She put her progress and her journey in a blog so it's available to anyone who thinks they may have the same issues.

Coincidentally, going gluten free helped relieve her chronic pain issues tremendously.

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Thanx, I appreciate that!

Holy Hannah! LMAO!
    I do like you, you know?

Whatever were we fighting for?

;) , this is so much nicer.

:)

8. wonderin

wonderin New Member

As per usual, I have learnt something very valuable in my relationship with this forum - and it's never what I expect it to be. I finally get that it is not right or helpful to jump into a forum and try to sell anything, whether it's a free idea or a product. I offer my heartfelt apologies for doing this. Thanks to those who have been trying to tell me this for quite some time now - I may be a little slow, but I generally do get there! :) Hopefully there is some other good to have come from this as the high traffic may have opened more people to the wonderful work of Dr Janet Travell along with the power in the health basics. That said, best wishes to all and I will leave you in peace.
    Lee.

9. VickiS

VickiS New Member

Sorry you've been hounded out of here Lee, but I don't blame you. I rarely visited this forum much of late due to negativity. As a jourlanist, I know what's involved putting a book together both in time and money, why shouldn't you recoup some of that outlay?

I believe you have helped some here. Farwell and thanks...have fun at the Olympics!

10. Titus

Titus New Member

I respectfully disagree. I am a published author and have owned a small publishing company as well as published books and business simulations at three other publishing companies. Writing for profit is fine. I've done it and I've helped others do it. The point here is not that Lee wrote a book for profit. The point is that some people believed the claims in her post were deceptive and not reflective of what her book was about. It's about how her second book compared to her first book and about her specific path to wellness primarily consisted of finding out she had Celiac Disease. If you have not purchased both books, you should, and then you can make an informative post.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

If I ever discover a cure for migraines and attempt to sell it to my fellow migraineurs on this forum (after all the support, encouragement and help you've given me through the years), you have my permission to throw ripe tomatoes at me and never speak to me again.

12. Titus

Titus New Member

Great blog. Please post it on Road.

13. Titus

Titus New Member

If
    If you find a cure for migraine, I will publish your book for free. Even after 20 years, those auras scare the crap out of me. I do think I've had limited success with Heal Your Headache (which you can buy at amazon for about $5).

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I never had 100% success with Heal your Headache, although lots of people have. Many of the listed foods were not triggers for me and many of my triggers were not listed.

I think, as with everything else, it is one aspect of migraine control. Everyone's body is different so it's really smart to incorporate various components into overall wellness.

The shoes thing we posted over there is also fundamental yet, so often, completely neglected.

15. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

You have pointed out something very true. Since we all are different and have different triggers and symptoms, there is not any defined answer as to why things go wrong with our Meniere's or Migraines. I think body health and what we do in our life does affect us in many different ways. Salt is not my trigger. Weather is my trigger. And lately it seems that I feel the vertigo and have the hearing distortion more than ever. I am now age 63, so age might be something to look at.

And on the Book that the person is touting, the word "CURE" cannot be used by law. The FDA has Strict enforcement of those rules. A Prune juice company made certain claims as a cure for constipation and it was made to remove that claim from the Juice bottle.

Birdmom3

16. kay

kay New Member

My conflict with Lee is that every single post was a lure of very persuasive wording to tempt people into purchasing her books. She was a salesperson of the highest order--look at the paint job, the tires, the chrome, but we will look at the motor after you have forked out your money. If I want that constant sales pitch I would watch QVC or HSN. I wonder if she has tried them to push her "cure."

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Maybe.

However, trigger point therapy is an extremely valid and valuable tool for treating chronic aches and pains. Don't lose sight of that. We already know that modifying our diet, reducing sodium intake, watching our posture at the computer or when we sleep are also extremely important.

Incorporate the common sense part that you already know will help you. You don't have to buy any book for that. It's freely available on the internet and your libraries.

You have to do the work, though. Just knowing this exists is not enough :D