My method for stopping vertigo attacks while they are happening

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by wonderin, Jul 15, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

Lee, Your book is titled "The Missing Solution to Chronic Injury & Pain"
    Then below the picture on the cover it reads, "Learn how to self-treat foot, ankle, knee, hip, back, shoulder, elbow, wrist, neck & Jaw pain"

Think about the title and answer this question: Do you think Meniere's Disease is a result of injury? I would think that many mm-type symptoms are a result of trauma or injury to the head, neck, and/or jaw but classic Meniere's disease?

Since your claim is that you have successfully treated/cured many illnesses, why not call the book "The Missing Solution to Chronic Illness and Pain?" Classic Meniere's is not an injury.

2. Titus

Titus New Member

Lee,

First, please accept my apology for any posts that seemed harsh. That was not my intent.

I have a suggestion. Why not take someone willing from .org, who has been dx with classic mm. Give them a book in return for a promise to read it and follow it carefully, documenting their progress on the forum. That would answer so many questions. I did this with a personal finance book I wrote in the 90s for McGraw-Hill. My book had a step-by-step method to assess your "financial health" and produce a financial plan that would guide you toward realizing your financial goals.

Does that sound like something you would be interested in doing? Hank Sullivan has been helping people find improvement through NUCCA for quite some time. His wife dramatically decreased her symptoms of Trigeminal Neuralgia through NUCCA. Hank has helped people with his network of NUCCA referrals and even helped people financially. Both he and his wife got dramatic results from NUCCA so he devotes a lot of his time helping others.

I hope you will consider it.

By the way, I understand your post about making money. I just disagree on the way it should be done.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I have mixed feelings about case studies. Too many pitfalls.

Sometimes I wish we could set up experimental trials to test all the cures that have been brought up on this forum over the years. The only methods that have stats backing them are procedures such as labyrinthectomies and the VNS, because they are medical procedures.

4. wonderin

wonderin New Member

All symptoms of Menieres fits within the medical definition of "pain" (the word "pain" is also in my title and subheading). But having said that, I think it's very helpful to treat Menieres as an injury. I explained that last week in my first thread.
    You state that classic Menieres is not an injury - then praise NUCCA as a helpful treatment - yet that deals with injury of the C1. Surely the fact that NUCCA helps so many would strengthen the idea that just perhaps Menieres could be due to injury?

Kim, several people tried this and reported their success here on the forum over the years, but it made no difference whatsoever. If a mind is shut tight against the idea that Menieres can be healed, there is no forcing it open, even with results. Even worse, the people who reported their success were ridiculed and 'attacked' by some forum members, alongside of me. I was used to it but they weren't. Yet all they were doing was sharing a little success. It's little surprise they now have no desire whatsoever to come back here - particularly now they know the danger in stress.

I offered years ago to work with you - don't you remember? One lovely woman did come over from Canada - had a vertigo attack while I was with her - and I stopped her attack as it was happening (this in fact happened twice). We reported it here and again got ridiculed. Another woman came in and told her story - same ridicule. And another, and another, and another. There is a wall of resistance against anything that challenges the status quo, even if the reward is a healthier lifestyle.

Titus, don't you remember that you offered to actually run the study group for my first book? Yet now instead of talking about all the positives of healing here as you once did, you're bringing up negatives and continually criticising. You've talked people out of buying books, so that's done and I'm fine with it. But I'm still here because I like to help if I can. I have healed myself against all odds using the health basics and helped others so surely there must be something of benefit I can offer here. But no one is likely to ask when all that is going down is criticism.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

With DBL, you never made the claim that it would cure Meniere's Disease. You presented it as a tool for managing health via dietary changes and relieving muscle pain via trigger point work.

That made sense. It made sense because years before you came out with DBL, people such as Rick and Titus had always talked about the value of making dietary changes and seeing improvements in their lives.

It also made sense, because prior to your release of DBL, people were already talking about (and implementing) massage and trigger point work to relieve body pain caused by accidents, or trauma.

You had support from both Kim and me.

The Missing Solution claims to cure Meniere's Disease. It claims to cure vertigo caused by Meniere's Disease. I challenged you on that.

Don't accuse us of having minds that are shut. Keep being this condescending and patronizing and you won't sell anything anywhere.

We are fully within our rights to question your method and to dispute what you claim, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE BOUGHT YOUR BOOKS. This is an open forum.

I read your book so I could participate in this thread. I was optimistic at first. But the book holds no missing solution. It is DBL rehashed with added examples of random people and a body mapping diagram that involves a figure with small x drawings all over.

You put SO much emphasis on body mapping and it turned out to be nothing.

The website athlete2athlete (that came up with Body Mapping) has extremely informative illustrations actually drawn on real people to show exactly what muscle and what TP to work on. Then it has support videos to show HOW the work needs to be done and what can cause injuries.

Seriously, Lee. Get a grip. You're getting criticisms that are worth investigating on your part so your third book can finally hit the validity jackpot.

6. wonderin

wonderin New Member

The Missing Solution never once said "This cures Menieres". It said this is what cured me... and how I did it was to focus on what was within my control in regards to my whole body. The "shut minds" comment was in regards to those who would not listen to people telling their personal success stories.

I'm happy! Life's good. Now I have another level of healing to attend to - to stop spending so much time online. Night all.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Lee, I never said NUCCA helped anyone with Meniere's. Most of the people on this forum do not have Meniere's They have mm-like symptoms. NUCCA has helped many people. Unfortunately, it did not help me because the trauma to my head caused a brain stem injury. I know trigger point therapy will help some of the people on this forum. I know going gluten free will help others. Anti-virals will help some and surgery will help some. I agree that every avenue must be explored.

I'm not trying to stop people from buying your book. I bought it. I was disappointed that it offered nothing more than your first book, that's all.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

I wish you the best, Lee. Stay well.

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Wonderin - what I'm hearing is that this book is a chiropractic method done by the buyer. I haven't bought the book. I do have a question though. As most everyone know on this site knows, I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED). Would this book help? Not my well being but my Meniere's? I agree with Kim, this sounds like the NUUCA that Hank has had so much success with. Just so you know, I did try the NUUCA and never had any results with the AIED.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

Holly,

It's more about trigger points and how to release tension in your muscles. It encourages you to map your body and work on the trigger points to release the muscle tension.

If you look at Sarita's post under Trigger Point Therapy on Road to Wellness, you will see a more detailed illustration.

I agree 100% with Lee, Sarita, and everyone else who recommends trigger point therapy as a form of treatment. There are risks in working on your neck and you should talk with your doctor about these risks.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Then why does she keep talking about Meniere's vertigo cure? Hanks covers this quite well and with no cost :-\

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It cured her version of MM. it's her experience based on her set of circumstances and symptoms. It will not sure you of AIED induced MM or cochlear hydrops or diabtese type 1 or a brain tumor. The short answer is Lee's books will not sure people of ALL conditions. If you want to work on trigger points and understand what they are and how they work, we can discuss it at the Road.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Sounds good. I think there's already something going on.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Sorry for the horrid typos.

15. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Yor on a pone so you arew forewgivenb

16. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

What's, The Road?

I won't be buying her books. I've read enough. I'll stick with my OTO's approaches, they've helped me so far.
    Good luck to her with her sales!

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Don't worrie, we still lub you :-*

18. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

LOL!

Funny bloopers! Start a thread!!

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I shore kan't type from my fone today.

20. Gina05