My MegaVitamin C as Anti-Viral "Experiment" (updated 6/16/11)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by solari, Feb 10, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

My OTO is in full agreement that I should start taking Bitamin C, 1000 mg. per day, and Lysine, 1000 mg a day while I'm off the acyclovir.

I'll start that after I get to the store.
    I'm going to keep a diary like Ray did and track my progress, or lack thereof. But immstaying optimistic that this will stop my MM symptoms returning in their tracks. I'm aware it may take time to work and I'm considering the Lysine dosages. Any recommendations on that?

2. jaypr

jaypr New Member

John of ohio recommended 3 x 1000mg of llysine per day in between meals ( empty stomach ) which I used to take. Now that i'm on top of the symptoms I take the maintenance dose of 1 x 1000mg per day. I don't think 1000mg per day to start with will be sufficient to have the desired controlling effect.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Jaypr,

I consider you and Ray more experienced with that dosage. I may start with 2000 til my other issues are resolved, but since your boy voids what it can't use, (I think?) and since it doesn't cause I'll effects on the major organs should I just start thr 3X a day?
    I realize you are not Dr.s and are relaying your personal opinions. I respect you both and appreciate any advice.
    Also, the Lysine dosage, 1000 mg per day?

Thanx, G

4. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

1000 mgs of lysine per day are likely to offer no relief. In older versions of my Meniere's Treatment Regimen (latest is here: http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf), I recommended just 1500 mgs of lysine, in three 500 mg doses. For many, that did bring welcome levels of symptomatic relief. But for many others, it offered no help whatsoever.

The recent regimen version now mandates 3000 mgs, in three 1000 mg doses. Clearly, a much higher percentage of regimen users get substantial or complete symptomatic relief at this dosage.

Those suffering from cold sores and other herpes simplex infections often take 4500 mgs of lysine, or sometimes up to 6000 mgs to effectively disable the causative herpes viruses.

Start with 3000 mgs of lysine each day, as described in detail in my regimen PDF (above).

1000 mgs of vitamin C won't do much good, either. If it's not a sustained release type (which is used in my regimen), the kidneys will rapidly excrete 1000 mgs of vitamin C. It will stay in the blood for just a few hours, and have no useful symptom suppressing effects. The dosage is way too low.

Instead, take two 1000 mg sustained release vitamin C tablets, as described in my regimen PDF.

Ray Solari, of course, has come up with a remarkable Meniere's treatment using doses of vitamin C up to "bowel intolerance, " enough to cause diarrhea. When you hit that point, back off just a bit. This can be from, say, 6000 mg (6 grams) up to 10 to 15 thousand mgs (or more).

Scrutinize all the vitamin C info here:
    http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,24546.0.html

--John of Ohio

5. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

What John says. It's not going to be enough, but you need to work with your doctor on this.

Ray

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Will do, thanx!

7. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Just an update all is still going very well with this. : )

Ray

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Great! Wishing you continued success :)

9. June-

June- New Member

Wonderful!

10. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Wonderful!! Hey Ray!

11. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Wonderful news!!

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

According to a study published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, a group of University of Helsinki researchers asked volunteers to pop between 500 mg. and 1,000 mg. of vitamin C before exercise. And that one simple vitamin pill was all it took for volunteers to slash their symptoms of bronchoconstriction (airway tightening) in half!

Researchers think vitamin C may help counter some of the muscle tightening around your airways that’s triggered by histamines released during exercise. The study’s lead author says just 1,000 mg. of vitamin C two hours before you exercise may help you breathe easier and better than ever.

I didn't write this but it is easy to look up. I took 1000mg of Super Bio C Buffered (Solaray brand)this morning; we'll see if it has an effect when I hit the gym in a couple of hours.

13. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Thanks for the update Ray. How much Vit C do you take in a day now?

I tried Mega Vit C this September and it stopped my vertigo attacks but not the other symptoms. I have slacked off the Vit C now as I am taking antivirals and doing quite well.

14. msprygada

msprygada New Member

I am a new MM suffer. I have atypical MM with drop in low end frequency hearing on left side only, fullness in ears (I think mostly in left), low frequency tinnitus in left ear, and very lucky for me, no vertigo to date. ENT has me on 37.3 mg of the diuretic Triamterene and low sodium diet (sounds like the same story everyone gets at the ENT).

I am interested in this mega dose C plan and I started yesterday with 1000mg of ascorbic acid ever two hours from 7 am to 9 pm (7, 9, 11, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9). I don't think I have reached BT yet but was wondering if my approach is correct? Should I take it less frequently and more pills?

Also, what is the theory about taking this until you reach titration? How is that different than being at say 80% of that? What is the tipping point? Is there some reason that you have to get to titration for this to work (if it is going to)?

Thanks for you response and glad I found this site and all its valuable information.

15. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

I have the exact same questions. Also, I assume we don't want time-release Vit. C with this, correct?