My MegaVitamin C as Anti-Viral "Experiment" (updated 6/16/11)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by solari, Feb 10, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Re: My MegaVitamin C as Anti-Viral "Experiment" (updated 4/25/10)

Latest quick update as of April 24, 2010:

I am still doing very well and continuing to improve. While I am still cautious and careful about what I do, I have virtually resumed a normal life at this point. Also, even my BPPV has not been an issue of late.

I do still experience a little discomfort during extreme weather or barometric pressure changes, but I have noticed that has lessened as well.

Still not one attack or even a close episode, either.

Another side benefit -- I've forgotten to put lotion on or wear a hat on sunny days and usually get burned pretty bad. Not so since taking the megadoses of Vit-C. I still get a sunburn and look red, but it goes away a lot quicker and it doesn't burn as badly which is weird to experience. I did a quick search for this and found out a medical study showed that vitamin C helps reduce the effect of sunburns. Nice!

All said, I am now having 10 out of 10 days the vast majority of the time with occasional 9.5s because I am still healing having had this since the early 90's. JOH is correct when he says those of us who have had this for a very long time will generally take the longest to recover from it.

And before I forget, my friends and employees can even tell the difference with me -- they tell me they can see the fire back in my belly and the sparkles in my eyes. That meant a lot to hear because it truly means I am healing and coming back nicely.

Ironically, it seems my physical recovery has outpaced my mental recovery as I am still dealing with some lingering fears that come with having to deal with such a beast for so long. I wrote about this in a recent blog entry here: http://wildirisbooks.friendsofwildiris.org/featured/what-fear-lies-within/

I'll continue to check in :)

Thanks,
    Ray

2. June-

June- New Member

Wonderful news. Interesting about the sunburn. This doesn't have anything to do with change in diuretic use does it?

3. solari

I don't take those. :)

Ray

4. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Hey Ray,
    This is wonderful news! I'm glad that you have gone off the beaten path in beating back the beast.

So glad you have fire in your belly and eyes again!

5. June-

June- New Member

Interesting from a sunburn point of view also for those of us who have problems with the sun.

Glad you are doing so well!

6. Funshine

Funshine New Member

This is amazing Ray, I also read your recent blog as linked and I understood, even more so, the depth of your despair! You must feel like a new man! and you have great cause to celebrate your victory over the beast...Cheers to you keeping it locked away for the rest of your life!

7. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Ray, it is all so interesting, and thanks.

I know what you mean about fear. After my laby every twitch had me bracing...........when I learned that I would no longer have the attacks after the initial sparks (fullness, strange feelings in my head- things that used to mean attacks were coming) I stopped noticing the sparks. But it took me almost a year to trust it. Today I have faith. Amazing what lingers after so many attacks.
    SO happy you're better, and all my best to you and this site. I don't know what I would have done without it in my darkest days with MM.

Lisa

8. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I will be in Gainsville for my nephews graduation next month, I look forward to coming by and meeting you. Sorry to say that I'm a Canes fan. Scott in Miami

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hey, Ray, while you are doing others, you might consider placing this thread in the Data Base.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

Ray, I'm so happy to hear you found something that helps! Bravo! Thank you for taking the time to share it with everyone here.

Just goes to show.....NEVER GIVE UP. Try things that are less invasive before doing other things.

Ray, please put this thread in the data base so it will be there for others and not get buried.

Best wishes,
    Kim

11. jonathan

jonathan New Member

Ray, how many grams did you get up to with the Vitamin C before you had an intolerance?

12. Samara

Samara New Member

Hi Ray- what is the dose exactly? Has this worked for anyone else here? I've been taking vit. c but not that much. I am still taking Valtrex though- I have come to understand that anti-virals may take a year to be really effective. Any vertigo I had is long gone but that wasn't a major issue to begin with. The hydrops and tinnitus still comes in 2-3-4 day cycles. I'd love to be rid of that. It's miserable when it gets cranked up. I've been on John's regime for months and months too.

13. Alex

Alex New Member

I've been taking high levels of Vit.C but only since reading this post; I'm currently taking 2 slow release tablets of 1,500mg each (one in the morning, one in the evening) and 2 slugs of powder which are approx 5,000mg each (again, at either end of the day) - so a total of 13,000mg.

Don't seem to be having any side effects but it's early days, will keep you posted.

14. joy

joy New Member

At the risk of asking for Too Much Information, Alex, are you peeing more than before you started the C?

15. Alex

Alex New Member

Heh, np re. the question; and no, not that I've noticed.

16. solari

Just a short update that all is well, my Meniere's symptoms have disappeared. In my case, I consider this a resounding success. :)

Best of luck to all,
    Ray

17. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

Re: My MegaVitamin C as Anti-Viral "Experiment" (updated 8/17/10)

Such great news! :)

18. AllisonTaylor

AllisonTaylor New Member

Love success stories! :)

19. June-

June- New Member

Fantastic!

20. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

this is great news! I am also trying the same method with limited results so far.