My Five Year Anniversary (or Birthday!)

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by deercharmer1, Oct 13, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

It was five years ago, on October 12, 2001, that I gave my life to Christ, and got back an even better one in return!!!

I'm still learning, still growing, and so thankful that I have so many brothers and sisters in Christ who continue to inspire me here every day.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

xoxoxoxo

deercharmer

2. rev

rev New Member

That is so awesome that you can remember the date!!

I try to write in a Bible when someone becomes a Christian and I have the priviledge to lead them - sometimes it is a witnessing booklet. I kinda consider it a "Christian Birth Certificate."

Keep true to the faith, fight the good fight, and go wherever He leads!

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Deercharmer,

I agree with rev, I know mine was in the summer of 1980. My mother in law was the one who lead me to the Lord. Congrats sweety my life turned around too that day, been the best years ever.

4. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

I also agree with Rev.......... mine was two year's this past Easter. Even though I had went to church all my life, I knew I needed more in my life then just going to church. It has changed my life. Still learning and always will I'm sure.

Just want to Thank all of you for being here and sharing your thoughts and prayer's with each other and leading us in the right direction.

Bless you,
    Janet

5. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

way to go dc!!!
    i wish i could remember the date i accepted Christ, i was about 11 years
    old and made my decision during vacation bible school.

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Congrats, DC! I accepted the Lord in August of 1978, went through a period when I wasn't close to Him, and rededicated my life to Him this last February. May we all hunger for Him more each day and draw closer to Him. I thank Him for my Christian friends here.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

March 31, 1999. The man who lead me to the Lord sent me a first birthday card on March 31, 2000. I don't know how he and his dear wife tolerated me that first year. I was so ill and they cooked for me, read the bible to me, ran me back and forth to Mayo. When I got better, I spent lots of time at their house asking questions, watching Charles Stanley on TV, and just enjoying see how a Christian family functions.

The day I gave my life for Christ was the day before I was to go under the knife at Mayo because they thought I had a disease of my pancreas. I was not able to digest fat and was dropping weight no matter how much I ate. We were at the dining table and Allen took out his bible and showed me John 3:16. He asked me if I understood what it meant and I felt immediate conviction and relief at the same time. I knew, without a doubt, that I was forgiven and loved. Then something happened. My hands turned from freezing cold to hot....I was literally burning up. My whole body was on fire. I knew without a doubt that the Holy Spirit joined with my spirit that day (this is still too amazing to wrap my pea brain around but I knew it in my heart). God took away my fear that day. He washed the fear of death right out of me. The next day, at Mayo, the doctors were amazed because all evidence of my disease was gone. They have no explanation for it.

But He was wounded for MY transgressions, He was bruised for MY iniquities; the chastisement of MY peace was upon Him; and with His stripes I AM HEALED. Isaiah 53:5

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Congrats, DC :) :) :)!

9. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Kim,

No matter how many times I read your story, it gives me tingles.

10. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Thank you Rev, Charisse, Janet, Raenell, Cathy, and Linda..... :-*

Kim....awesome story!!! What is it they say? For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't believe, no explanation is possible.

11. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

I was saved in January 1972--almost 35 years ago! It was a Wednesday night--I can never be thankful enough!

Willie Marie