My Doctor Warned Me!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Andrew, Dec 2, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

bump - for newbies

2. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Andrew,

Great post and great picture. ;D

Maggie

3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I agree Rick. While I am not a gluten-free person I do monitor my Glycemic Index and that does seem to help...with vertigo. Like you said, I've learned to live with the other symptoms though hearing loss can be a real disadvantage sometimes...

4. rosie

rosie New Member

I felt heartened when I read the opening post.

I sort of knew that my mind creates my own reality but I had lost faith with the universe, god or whatever. The part that I have no control over. Coming to this site six months ago was an act of desperation - struggling with MM for so long had exhausted me to the point where I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I just wasn't sure how to manage anymore. Bit by bit, other people's shared experiences have helped me use new strategies to become fully alive again. My llife is not the same as it was before - in some ways it's better, at other times just breathing properly has been the biggest challenge.

Andrew's photo reminds me how lucky I am.

Walking through town this morning (couldn't have done that 6 months ago!) I got into conversation with an elderly man who told me "There's no sentiment anymore. It's just dog eat dog." Not so. Thanks for your post, Andrew - it's good to be reminded about what makes us tick.

best

Rosie

5. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Bump!

6. Moogs

Moogs New Member

Thanks for the bump, this was before my time.

7. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

Benzodiazepines are the best thing we have for controlling Meniere's symptoms. Unfortunately, they're addictive. But what's better: Being miserable and dizzy 24/7, or having some kind of normal daily life?

8. burd

burd New Member

But not all of us need them rondrums.  In my case I only need to take promethazine as needed, and that is only maybe twice a month when exposed to an environmental trigger that was out of my control.  I helped my situation with discovering my triggers and was fortunate to create a safe environment here at home, and also to diligently stay away from foods that trip attacks.

I've never needed valium or benzos.  If someone has exhausted all non-addictive means for helping themselves to no avail, then go with the benzos. I'd hate to see someone use a full-time addictive substance right off-the-bat to control symptoms when they may be able to help themselves without much chemical assistance by heading for the cause.

P.S. ...acknowledging that some don't have triggers at all...very unfortunate...but really should be considered by all before full-time meds or invasive and aggressive treatments.