My DH's Aunt who I love dearly has terminal cancer

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Daize, Aug 20, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Daize

Daize New Member

Lorraine is her name, she is my husband's Uncle's wife. Lorraine is loving, fun, caring and we have been close so many years, she lives an hour and half from us. She has been with me through my cancer in 1997 and through my mom's cancer and death, Lorraine and I are close and love each other dearly.

The cancer is completely in her lungs, it is almost the same scenerio (sp) as my mom. Lorraine and I talk on the phone and send cards, notes to each other.

She was told this week. She has 6 mths to a year. She and Uncle Jack enjoy life, family, and community. We are all devastated by the news. She told me she is devastated and we will keep in contact and I told her we will be seeing her a lot.

I called her and we talked, and I told Lorraine that I am walking with her through this.

Prayers for Lorraine, her family, and the whole family. She is in her late 70's and was cancer nurse before retiring years ago.

Ruth :(

2. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Dear Ruth prayers for your Aunt Lorraine and your entire family and for you dear lady.

3. June-

June- New Member

I'm sorry Ruth. She's lucky to have a niece who cares.

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

prayers and many hugs...

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

You and your family have been through a lot recently, Ruth. Prayers for restoration for you all.

6. Daize

Daize New Member

Henry - thank you and appreciate prayers for restoration for us all are so appreciated.

Thank you all for your prayers, it is my husband's Aunt. Bless you all.

7. karenlr

karenlr New Member

My prayers are with your family Ruth that is so hard to go thru.

8. Daize

Daize New Member

it is very hard, especially for my husband, it is his Aunt and she is and I are very close, we are an our away, but, close in heart.

:(

9. Tara

Tara New Member

Hugs and prayers.

10. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Prayers to you and your family dear Ruth.

11. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I'm sorry Ruth, you've been through so much. Prayers and thoughts to you always

12. Daize

Daize New Member

I called my husband Bob Aunt Lorraine today, Thurs. She was finishing a letter she will be sending to me.

Aunt Lorraine, her husband Jack and 2 children Nancy and Johnny met with oncologist again on Monday and she also has team of doctors (3 doctors), it is just a matter of weeks, not months. She is not in any pain, she is home, gets rest when she feels tired.

The oncologist told her & family that her lungs are competely covered, and the cancer will spread. We talked, cried, talked and I asked if she, Uncle Jack were up to it, Bob and I want to come to visit Saturday, she was thrilled, and when she said "We would love to see you and bobby" , I could hear Uncle Jack in background say "Tell Bobby and Ruth to come for visit". So we are going to see them and also Bob's 2 cousins will be there.

They live one hour and half from us, in Holbrook, Mass. She has had friends, family come to visit and gets her rest too, she told me while she is able, she wants to see everyone.

She also told me that she is going through the process of getting her affairs in order as well as her wishes for funeral arrangements. She wants small funeral, family and close friends, she said "I want you and Bobby" there. My husband is called Bobby since he was a little boy on both side of his mom and dad's family.

This is breaking his heart as he love his family and is always in contact with his aunts, Uncles, and cousins.

So Lorraine told me to tell Bob to come for the day and it will be a fun day, this is how she wants to remember our visit as.

Lorraine and I both know it is a matter of weeks. She is not having a hard time breathing at all, no nausiousness (sp), occasional headaches (nothing serious) as the doctor was asking her these questions.

She is a wonderful, loving, giving person, enjoys family, friends, her home, life and has seen it all of illnesses in other people and been there for them through so many years.

So, on Saturday, we will enjoy our time, every second of it, because I know in my heart it will be the last. Lorraine knows this too.

:(

13. tm53

tm53 New Member

Aww Ruth I am so sorry.
    At least she is not in pain, that's a miracle.

Thoughts and prayers your way.

14. Daize

Daize New Member

I called Bob's Aunt last Friday early evening and in talking she was exhausted and her speech is now slurred. I can understand what she is saying, however, it has changed in just the short time we visited with her and the family at their house 2 weekends ago.

She called and left message last Sunday early evening to apologize for cutting our conversation so short and she said she had a rough day and was sorry to not be able to talk more and that she loved Bob and I very much. I called back on Monday early afternoon, there was no answer so I left message that apology was not needed at all with all she is going through as well as the family.

I received no return call which I was not expecting at all. I have sent a note once a week to her and also to Uncle Jack (Bob's Uncle).

We don't want her to suffer in pain and I ask that prayers continue for Lorraine, Uncle Jack, their family.

15. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Your Aunt has my prayers.

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest