More than 1 year post VNS!! :-)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by alex1198, Apr 11, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. alex1198

alex1198 New Member

My friends,

It's been a long time! I just wanted to touch base and let you know that I'm doing super well! As some of you know, I had a VNS at the House ear clinic ( Dr Brackmann) in November 2012. It took many months before being completely back to normal but I really have my life back now.

Again...I know I said it before...but don't wait to long before opting for the VNS if everything else has failed. I know it's a tough decision and yes, it's a delicate surgery but in good hands, it's the way to go.

I know I always say it but thanks again to all my friends who supported me here all those years ( more than 17 years in my case...hmmmm...I remember Nasman and some others from the beginnings...) and especially my wife and sister-in-law's bodyguard in LA ;)

For those suffering right now, hang in there. There is hope. See my next post.

Alex

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hey Alex ... glad things are going so well for you.

I think of you from time to time, my fellow Canuck, and always hope you are well xx

3. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Hey Alex!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Good luck to the Habs! Hope you guys make it to the finals!

4. Chinook

Chinook New Member

I do love a success story. Good for you Alex! And thanks for checking back in to share your news.

5. Joanne5170

Joanne5170 New Member

Hi

So happy for you that you got your life back. I got mine back 2002.

I just spoke to Dr. Brackman and allowed him to give my phone number to a patient

in Las Vegas she called and I assured her that everyone I spoke to on this site

is soooooooooo happy.

In 20002 Brackman said Joanie I guarantee you will never spin or feel dizzy in the
    operated ear. He was correct.

My hearing is less in the left ear normal in the right. Life is Good.