Meniere's Resources Inaugural Membership Drive

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by DeputyDog, Jan 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Ray, I emailed your suggstion to our webmaster. She has basically set up the site and organized and titled things the best she could communicating with us long distance via email. So some of the information is arranged differently - but she is doing this for free, as you are, so I am thankful for all that she has done and for what you do. Please check out the Resources section of our website. THANKS!

2. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Anyone who is interested in learning more about Meniere's Resources, Inc. - what we have accomplished last year and plans for the future - there will be an Annual Meeting of the organization on Sat., Nov. 3, 5:30 p.m. CST via Skype chat. You don't have to be a Board Member of Meniere's Resources or a member of the organization. This is open to anyone who wishes to participate.

We have recently been approved by the IRS for 501(c)3 tax exempt status with the government which will enable us to apply for grants and donations from other foundations etc. This is a big step in gaining credibility as a non-profit organization and will help us in deciding our future plans at the Annual Meeting Nov. 3.

Anyone on menieres.org that would like to take part, PM me and I will give you directions how to join our Skype chat room. You may learn more about Meniere's Resources, Inc. on our website at www.menieresresources.org.

3. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Just another reminder - today is the Meniere's Resources, Inc. Annual Meeting and EVERYBODY is invited to our Skype chat room for the meeting at 5:30 p.m. CST (don't forget to calculate your time difference). Please join us and learn what MRI has been doing, our plans for next year and add your own suggestions. We are interested in what you think.

4. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

In our effort to raise awareness, a Meniere's Store has been added to our Meniere's Resources website. You may view it at www.menieresresources.org and if you are interested in donating items to the store, contact me. Thanks, guys!

5. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Impressive. Great job MRI. Do you have a meeting of the notes?

6. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Thanks for asking. We are working on those!

7. champcarchic

champcarchic New Member

If there is anything I can do to help, I would love to! I can do computer work (everything from home, since I am afraid to leave, I used to be an illustrator for childrens books. I would love to do it again if anyone is interested) want more people to learn about this disease (Menieres) and how disabilitating it can be for many.
    I will join the Inaugural Membership drive! It's for a great cause. I will send a check as soon as I can.
    (sorry, been out of work for 2 years now, without any support) but I will send a check asap.
    Rilla

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Thank you, Rilla. We'll keep you in mind. We can always use all the help we can get. Send a PM to HeadNoise. She's the President and knows what everyone is doing and what else we need.

-------------

Please check out the website for new Profiles for Sid and Donis.

Newbies might want to visit the site and review all of the Profiles, the Brochures, and other helpful info.

www.menieresresources.org

9. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

Ok, this is going to sound nutso crazy I know but....

Why is it set up so that people can donate through PayPal but have to send an email to join? How do we get our membership fee to you?

Just curious. I want to join but I'm confused. XD

10. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Not nutso crazy, but I'm not certain I understand your question. Maybe this explanation will help.

You can use PayPal to send a donation or for membership fees. If you want to be a member and get our quarterly newsletter and also have access to the Store where you can buy MM things and send free MM e-cards and other fun stuff, then we need your email address to register you.
    We will accept your donation without registering you LOL, but it is for your benefit if you are interested in the newsletter and sending e-cards etc.

Most of the resources, brochures, etc., are free. But we have costs associated with the website and printing our literature, licensing fees, and complying with the IRS etc, so the membership dues help out with that kind of thing. Most of the items in the Store are donated to us and their sale also helps defray our operating costs. We are a non-profit organization and nobody is making any money off of this!!!

Thanks for the good question. Perhaps we can make that a little clearer on the website. We are always open to suggestions for content and contributions of information, recipes, links, etc.

11. mrs_kamm

mrs_kamm Sorry.. is the Noise in my head bothering you!

Whoooo hoooo this is wonderfull yes ... tell us when the web site is up :)

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

go to www.menieresresources.org

13. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

Thank you ever so much! It did and I just joined. Email and PayPal 'donation' away! :)

14. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Thank YOU! :)

15. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Anyone who is interested in the work of Meniere's Resources www.menieresresources.org can attend our annual meeting on Sat., Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. Central Time. Our ByLaws state that we can have our meetings electronically, so this meeting does not require travel to attend! :)

We will be using Skype in a private chat to discuss this past year, finances, plans for the coming year, elect board members and officers and hear any new ideas people may have for the future. Healthy people are encouraged to participate! We need all the help we can get, so you don't have to have a vestibular disorder to join in.

PM me for information on how to join in the Skype meeting on Nov. 8. You can download Skype for free www.skype.com and register. Then I will share our meeting contact information so you can participate.

16. Michael

Michael New Member

Nice !! I'm in

17. JMsScottie1

JMsScottie1 New Member

So does the fee still go to the same place? Can I sign up online now?
    Thanks
    Dwayne

18. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Sign up any time. Go to www.menieresresources.org and see the left side menu on the Home Page. THANKS!

By the way, I wanted to mention that Meniere's Resources is now on Facebook and you can add it to your causes! We are attempting to increase public awareness every way we can!

19. soltysik

soltysik New Member

I HAVE MENIERES DISEASE HAD IT FOR A BOUT 4 YEARS WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOMEONE WITH IT SO I AM NOT ALL ALONE IF YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

20. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

I cant believe that after two years this is the first time I have seen this post. Of course I will join is it all still active?