Meniere's Resources Inaugural Membership Drive

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by DeputyDog, Jan 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. DeputyDog

DeputyDog My schools new mascot, we had to drop "Indians"

Meniere's Resources Inc. is proud to announce our Inaugural Membership Drive. Each membership is valid for one year and contributes to the foundation of this non-profit organization. Our short term goals are to provide information and education for people who care for, or suffer from Meniere's Disease and other vestibular disorders; and to raise public awareness. Our long term objectives are to open the first of its kind, an Assisted Living Facility for people with Vestibular Disorders, and to pursue funding for research to find a cure.

Membership is open to all, not just people who suffer from Meniere's Disease or other vestibular disorders, so invite loved ones, doctors, audiologists, other professionals and philanthropists, churches or anyone you can think of to come and join our organization.

A basic membership is $10.00 (USD). Contributions in excess of this will gladly be accepted. We are also accepting donations to a Sponsorship Program, where all money will be used to sponsor people who desire to belong to MRI but are unable to do so due to financial constraints.

Until our website is up and running, please send membership fees payable to Meniere's Resources, Inc. and mail information to:

MRI Membership
    C/O Dave Wanner
    605 Kevin St.
    Paragould, AR 72450

Please include your name, address, e-mail address, brief Meniere's history. Please notify us if you do not desire you name, town, and state placed on the membership scroll on the website.

2. DeputyDog

Re: Meniere's Respources Inaugral Membership Drive (Please keep bumped)

bump

3. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

Mine's in the mail!

AJ

4. DeputyDog

WOO HOO!!! Good going AJ!

Cuffs
    DD

5. Pluto

Pluto New Member

in the mail tomorrow! :)

6. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

I keep asking the same question, but haven't got an answer yet.. What's the web address? I'm sure it's obvious, but I just can't find it anywhere.

7. Pluto

Pluto New Member

not sure there is a website yet Mark, but I think they're working on it.

8. DeputyDog

Re: Meniere's Resources Inaugural Membership Drive (Please keep bumped)

The site is not up and running quite yet. We have several people working very hard to set everything up...I'm amazed at how much work it is to set up a organization like this legally.

Be patient...we'll get it up ASAP

Thanks to everyone.

DD 8)

9. DeputyDog

Bump ;D

10. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Ok- The donation I promised at the last board meeting is now on its way to you.
    Look forward to seeing the website up and going!

11. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Dave, DeputyDog, is our Membership Chair. Thanks for getting this going Dave!

The website is under construction. We have people working behind the scenes on an outline and then we'll be adding bit by bit to fleshing out the content. (Helpers needed on that!!!!) It costs quit a bit for set-up fees, hosting fees, domaine names, etc. so that is why we are asking for some help here before the site is actually running. Of course, then we will continue to need donations to keep it operating and cover other expenses (brochure printing and misc resources we offer on the site). Every little bit helps.

Baby steps.

12. DeputyDog

Bump

13. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

I've been remiss about keeping up with the progress of the new organization, sounds like ya'll have made herculean efforts at making such good progress.

I think I remember you mentioning that you would be using PayPal for sending money. If you've already had a chance to set up an account, you might want to publish the email address that donations can be sent to via PayPal. You don't need a website to get this part of the organization going. Just an email address that can receive through PayPal.

I design e-commerce sites and if you're interested let me know and we could set up several methods outside of PayPal to handle receiving contributions.

Looking forward to seeing all your hard work come to light over the next few months! Thanks Dave and Sheri and Dianne and everyone else involved..

14. DizzyNBlue

DizzyNBlue Forever Faithful Dumbass

Anything more I can do to help.

I sent a letter the other day to a new anchor that had to step down after becoming ill w/ MM. I thought they might want to throw their 2 cents in or something.

Still waiting to hear from Lynn in UK about our being a sister site with them.

BTW a thought, Are we looking for things that aren't anywhere else or will we be using others content w/ letters of permission. I've also been locating all sorts of medical links.

Let me know if there's something more I can do. I know you said you had all kinds of thoughts but didn't have time. I can/will help you if you let me know what you need done

Hope all is well with you
    Hugs
    ~Teresa

15. DeputyDog

bump

16. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

OntheBorder - I have sent you a PM!! Need help!

17. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

Got it Sherry. Thanks for letting me know since I don't check PM's very often.

18. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Aaackkk! OTB - I don't know what I am doing (what else is new?) I'm glad I have so many smart friends on the forum!!!! (Need home page, paypal & email all today!)

19. DeputyDog

bump

20. Re: Meniere's Resources Inaugural Membership Drive (Please keep bumped)

Bump again