Meniere's Disease: Management and Theory by William F. House, MD

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Linda1002, Oct 4, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

An excellent article that abra posted and I don't want it to get lost, so I'm putting it here in the Database:

http://www.actaorl.com.br/detalhe_artigo.asp?id=7

2. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Wow that is quite and article! Thanks for saving it

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

That is very interesting, very! I think they say sac surgery??? should never be done as it leads to further problems? Is that true? Maybe, very possibly, I am not reading this right. But I have had 2 sac surgeries and have nothing but relief for long periods of time, with nothing worsening drastically over time. I think my hearing goes up and down. It is difficult, isn't it? Lisa

4. cheese

cheese New Member

Lisa, that article is from the mid 70's i believe, so maybe the surgical outcome and techniques of sac surgery has changed over time. Dunno though, just a thought

5. hydrops

hydrops New Member

Dr. House is the doctor who operated on Alan Shepard.

6. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

Interesting, but Greek to me for the most part. I printed a copy and will take it with me when I see my ENT Thursday.

7. pac

pac New Member

I am new to meneir's disease in that I just realized that I don't have Benign Positional Vertigo as diagnosed by myriad tests etc. The fact is that I have allergies to MSG. And MSG is put into almost all of preserved foods and it comes with so many different names that it requires some research to get it stragiht. And I also contend that no doctor is going to tell you that. The more you go to different docs (neurogology, allergists, internists, etc.) the more the harvest of money they reap. And why would they tell you what the problem is (too many preservatives in our foods that so many of the population have sensitivisites - resulting in meneneir's etc.) when they can hold a whole population of patients hostage ....wherein....to tell what they suspect and or know (food allergies to preservatives including chemicals put into drinkin water) is the answer. Why would they want to tesitify in a court of law and lose clientele in the process. They would have to be stupid! So they keep prescribing medications and tests which is what a doc does. Da!????