Meniere's by the numbers....where are all the sufferers?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by bubbagump, Apr 22, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I don't think we can determine how many MM suffers there are and their severity by the number of members who post or belong to this forum.

2. annegina

annegina New Member

Im one of those people who use message boards for the ailments I have--not too many or too bad thank goodness!
    I have learned many useful things from them--but take them all with a grain of salt

Here on this forum what I have gotten mainly is emotional support. No one really understands this disease better than the sufferers
    and there aren't volumes of them around.

I do know some people with MM that just did what conventional medicine says and they have been able to manage their symptoms and get thru life pretty well. I just believe there is more than conventional medical wisdom out there and I take care of patients everyday at the bedside and work with conventional medicine all the time!!!!

I believe that the chronic nature and the unknowns of the disease have people pursing their everyday life and enjoying it when times are good and stopping back when things are bad.

3. Nuttyneddy

Nuttyneddy New Member

I found this forum first, then somebody (thank you!) pointed me towards a UK orientated one and that is more relevant to me so I usually go on that one instead. It;s not working at the moment, so I popped on here to see if it was just me or if anyone had mentioned it :D

4. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

i was also wondering why it stopped working...hope it goes back up again soon, at the very least stephen spring is on there to answer questions

5. ring

ring New Member

What is the URL of the UK forum? I assume it will come back up.

Not to pry, but why is that site more relevant? That is, are you in the UK, or do the posters on that forum write about things more relevant to you (e.g.more tinnitus, or vertigo etc.)? I ask because i have Cochlear Hydrops; so, I have different experiences than others here.

6. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

http://www.mduk.org/ It's back up

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Here you are ring : http://www.mduk.org/

Stephen Spring is there so many pop in to ask him questions about his theory/treatment.

Hopefully with the upcoming changes here at menieres.org we will see Stephen and others back :) Here's hoping anyway.

8. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

what changes are taking place here at menieres.org?

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

There's a post from Ray and Sarah in the Front Porch area Vicki.

10. Nuttyneddy

Nuttyneddy New Member

It's more relevant to me because I'm in the UK and our healthcare system is very different to the US so I feel that the advice given is easier for me to follow :)

11. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Thanks Caroline