Meditating

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by solari, Nov 17, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Thanks for the suggestion Ray. :)

2. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Butterfly, the flowing river analogy reminded me of one of my meditations so I went through my journal to find it and here it is. I think you'll like it. :)

March 21, 2010 -- I think I am learning or being taught to in some of these meditation visions. In the last one, I saw a solitary white flower flowing by on crystal clear water in a small creek (with zen like rocks on the bottom). The phrase "mind like water" popped out... I was being "told" that the water represented Spirit/God, ever and always flowing about bringing life everywhere as a vibrant, pulsating form of energy. And not just in three dimensions, but many -- this is difficult to describe (I now realize more than ever how inadequate the English language is at giving these sort of things their proper meaning) but I saw the water expand into all these dimensions to show me what I'm trying to tell you. Basically Spirit is a form of energy just like water is, it is life sustaining and giving, and it flows everywhere in a literal sense. It was pointed out that I am that flower on top going with the flow, so to speak. I'm familiar with the phrase "mind like water" but now I finally understand the true meaning behind it.

3. Butterfly

Your meditation sounds so peaceful and meaningful. Thank you for taking the time to look thru your journal and share it. I really enjoyed it.

If I could choose to be anywhere I would be in a middle of a forest. As a child I grew up with abundant woods around my home and always would go on adventures and just enjoy nature. I remember the peace I would feel it was my little place to go and relax.

Im unable to go to places now but maybe in my meditations I will once again be able to travel to more peaceful places. Thank you again for sharing.

4. solari

Butterfly, nature is one of the best ways to get into it. I feel such a strong connection to nature -- so much so that I often take long hikes several times a week.

The more you meditate, the more you will go deeper and get meanings & feelings, etc. out of them.

Here's a snippet from one of what I call my meditation walks/hikes where it's just me miles out in the woods, far from civilization. I believe you can meditate while walking in such serene environments. One day I'll post the full entry:

In front of me, a stray yellow leaf twirls its way towards earth and as my eyes follow it, I feel blissful seeing it float downwards in a soft, swaying dance of sorts. It is another melodic note from Nature and God.

There is such beauty everywhere in all forms. All sorts of tall, graceful trees representing the diversity of life. Differently colored leaves, signaling the coming of autumn. Gentle sunlight streaming through each nook and cranny, freely giving its energy to all. The cool breeze lovingly caressing the foliage and playfully tussling my hair.

I look down and see a tiny black Ringneck snake with an orange colored band around its neck. It's no bigger than the pinky of my finger and it's fleeing the trail from what might seem like thunder from my feet to it. I stop and watch it as it wriggles its way under a leaf and feels safe. I am glad for the good fortune of looking down at the right moment to witness such beauty.

Further down I as soak in the scenery and look down a ravine near the trail, I see a big deer with full antlers snip sniping at the grub below, eating dinner. It slowly raises its head and looks at me, staring... Our eyes lock and it was a moment of complete stillness -- just I and the deer, the forest, the earth, and the universe -- Oneness. After a few minutes, it went back to its dinner and I just watched a bit longer, truly feeling in the moment and a part of it all. More beauty, all around us -- inside and out.

5. Butterfly

Beautiful. You have a gift to be able to put into words what you feel and see. I appreciate you sharing and really enjoy reading your meditations.

I have always felt a oneness with nature and even though I am housebound I still have gotten to enjoy it to a point. Watching the leaves fall from the trees or an occasional butterfly appearing out of now where in front of my window and flying around as if it where saying hi to me. Stepping outside for a minute and feeling the breeze on my face. Looking at the stars in the sky. There is so much to enjoy in nature if one takes the time to be still and experience it.

6. egross

egross New Member

Butterfly, you too have a beautiful way of expressing it. I love that feeling of oneness I feel when in the evening I'm outside and I look up at the stars and the sky. The vastness and wonder of it all, and it really hits me that we're are all a part of it. That there's a oneness to it all. I breathe it in and feel it and my heart feels so full like it could burst. Such a wondrous feeling. We're separate but we're not. We're all a part of that same wondrous creation.

7. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Let everything holding you back or bothering you be that 'flow' be done with it... Give it to God to handle

8. Daize

Daize New Member

This thread has been so very helpful as I have thought I needed a mat and cross my legs which I can't do.

I love nature and we live off main road. Across the road we are on is another road with woods around the area, as I walk up the road, it is so open that I look to the open sky, and as I am walking there are pretty wildflowers, birds flying here and there.

I also when sitting in my comfty chair, at times I have closed my eyes and take my mind to the ocean that I love so much, and the feeling of the sand beneath my feet and the ocean crashing to the shore.

I figured that this isn't the way to meditate, but, after reading your replies Ray and others here, it has helped me.

I get stressed out at times and need to meditate and thank you for posting this thread.

9. Butterfly

Thank you egross. I often wonder when I look at the stars who else is looking at them and what are they feeling. You put it perfectly we"re seperate but we"re not.

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Daize Duke... you're meditating. You're letting go you're getting to share 'yourself' with 'you' and your spirit guide. perfect

11. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i meditate but not always as much as i should.......my 11yo loves meditating too and we do have a good chillout together when the 13yo is away......we either sit quietly or have music in the background and also her angel and fairy guided meditations come in handy too..........i have been places when i meditate and it has helped me soo much :)

12. Butterfly

I have found some nice mediation clips on youtube. Since I love nature and can not get out right now its nice to be able to listen to the sounds of nature.

13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

there are a lot of brilliant clips on you tube :-*

14. solari

There's a lot of wondrous benefits to meditation, too -- some scientifically proven. Like better health, reverse aging in some cases (your skin, for instance), and enhancement of your own senses (and perhaps extrasensory as well). Try it, you'll like it!

15. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

my med today was wicked :)

started off in the most beautiful garden i have ever seen in my life ,lush green trees beautiful snowdrops and red and white roses:)
    went through a gate onto a beach and into a cave ,diamonds sparkling on the walls and ground at the mouth of the cave, was able to pick one of these up and then bright light surrounded me and woosh transported to a room with a velvet chaise lounge
    next to the chaise lounge (red and gold velvet ) is a young man wearing what i would describe as roman clothing with a leaf crown thing on his head ,waved me into the room to lie down,
    the room fills with purple and white lillies and the room spins in the opposite direction to what my dizzies do, like a jolt to balance out the spinning and then what i can describe only as a man in white,white robe,hair,beard and a big staff ,standing over me, i can see clearly his diamond pendant around his neck ,
    in the pendant i can see pink which fills me up with a fit of the giggles,
    lmao looked like he filled a needle up and then stuck it in my arm owww full of peace and to help me relax and not get worked up over what is to come this month , next find myself on a bench talking to him couldn't pick his name up so i am calling him bert :) he don't mind names don't really matter here :)
    but i got all i needed to out of it tho :) finally was able to let go :) and as alwys tears at the end to release any stress i hold :)
    shortened down or be typing forever

16. Daize

Daize New Member

beautiful