MAV (Migraine Associated Vertigo)

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by feelbizarre, Oct 7, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. newflady

newflady New Member

Joanne,
    I suffer from meniere's with migraines. My father was diagnoticed with benign possitional vertigo, but after reading those articles, I think we have MAV. I know many people on this site have both. I tried to talk to my ENT about the migraines and he never put the two together. Thank you for the information.
    It is good to be your own advocate.....
    Carolyn

2. Shining

Shining "knowing is half the battle" ~~~GI Joe

Omigawd, I LOVE you guys! I never heard of MAV until I came to this website. It really has been a blessing to have access to such a wealth of knowledge and experience. I thought I was going nuts from the stress because my migraine attacks have increased TENFOLD since I have had inner ear problems. Thanks so much. Like GI Joe says "Knowing is half the battle!" Cheesy, but true. ;D

3. burd

burd New Member

Hi Shining,
    There's been so much covered about MAV please do check it out on the search bar. I am excited for those that begin to find answers and that is the first step to really starting to get well.
    Not cheesy at all. For me, knowledge empowered me, I had a direction to go in to get well. May you find the relief that I have found. I'm not afraid anymore.

4. thornapple

thornapple New Member

another resource.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:64FQwKPSPxEJ:www.meddean.luc.edu/depts/otolaryn/patient_ed/pdf/ENT%2520MIGRAINE%2520AND%2520VERTIGO.pdf+stress+induced+vertigo&hl=en&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbSDnhKLQApz2K_zZKA92ZMHiwqaaA