Mastoidectomy - Endolymphatic Sac Decompression

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Verti_Geaux, May 28, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hi Aladdin,

I only experienced the tunning fork once - recently. It made me feel odd but did not trigger the Tullio's. Interesting how we have so many of the same triggers but some that are different as well. How is your pressure sensitivity? You mentioned in a previous post that you use a headset at times to block out noise. I can't seem to use any because the headsets block off air flow to my ear, triggering the pressure sensitivity aspect of the Tullio's.

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

that damn tuning fork hurt - he/oto boings it on my right side and laughs when i hear it in my mm ear my left - it sends the heaby jeebies (bad ones) through my body - vibrations hurt like heck to me -

xoxoxoxo

3. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Yup, definitely got the heaby jeebies as well - but I don't think as badly. The doc put in the middle of my forehead and I heard it on the left (my mm ear). Wasn't sure what to make of all that.

4. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

When he brought that damn tuning fork out and starting hitting me with it, I didn't know what in the hell he was doing! LOL!!!!!! I'm still not sure what it was for!!! He never did explain it and I was in too much shock to ask!!! LOL!!!!!!

5. CINDYLOU

CINDYLOU BPV-22 years; MM since 11/2006

Hi anne marie.....im getting my surgery on monday july 16th.......so how are you still doing?????Thank you cindy lou who

6. survivedit

survivedit New Member

7. angela39

angela39 New Member

Hi ive had this done three times and they cut behind your affected ear and go in through there. Recovery is unpleasant but short lived and this type of surgery has worked well for me. ive had ot done three times cos the tube falls out but it has been well worth it fo the relief i have had. Good luck!!

8. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Hi Cindy,
    I left for Daytona Beach on the 15th, so that tells you how I'm doing. I had my surgery on June 19th and I've done GREAT!!! I didn't have any pain, no drainage, no dizziness, nothing! I moved this summer AND drove 750 miles to Daytona. We're still here and will be until the 30th. I hope your surgery went well. Please let me know!!! IM me if you want. I don't mind at all!!!

Anne-Marie

9. survivedit

survivedit New Member

bump for Kris

10. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Hi Cindy Lou,

Just wondering how you are doing since your surgery??? Please update us!!!

Anne-Marie

11. survivedit

survivedit New Member

bump for Rupert

12. princessmommy

princessmommy New Member

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD! I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH! I'M SCHEDULED TO HAVE SURGERY ON AUG. 23. I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED!
    NANCY