Masterdebaters thread

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by james, Aug 29, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Have not been on much as have been traveling this summer,etc.

I see that some of us are going at it again on various peoples threads.

For those of you (and you know who you are) who want to argue science,theory,personal attitudes,who's right and who is wrong,this is the thread for you.
    You don't even have to check your ego at the door on this thread.Go at it!

But please try to be a bit more civil on everyone else's threads.

2. amberini

amberini New Member

great idea!

3. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

I disagree, disagree.

4. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

your so wrong seadog there is no possible way you can disagree!!

5. pardonme

pardonme Guest

6. Seadog

You cant disagree with me disagreeing that would be like us agreeing. Right?

I agree.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Who's here for an argument?

8. daveTO

daveTO New Member

Uncle, you win. :)

9. egross

egross New Member

Overnight I had one of the most horrible migraines. When I read the title of this thread I first thought it said something "nasty" and was very shocked. My heart started beating really fast. So glad I was wrong.

10. james

Amen to that Intrepid!

11. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I find that family and friends are not understandable.Sometimes I feel like wringing their neck.I don't know how many times I've told them that I have Meniere's Disease and loss of hearing,yet when they speak to me they still speak as if I hear like a normal person.My dad had Meniere's Disease and his mother had hearing loss.Whenever I spoke to my grandmother I always projected my voice.She once told me that I was the only person in the family who spoke up.
    But I also get irritated with my self because I'm unable to understand just what people are saying.For example,whenever I watch Wheel of Fortune a contestant might call out a letter such as f,but to me it sounds like s or even words that have different pronunciations sound differently to me.

12. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

No absolutly not. How can you even say such a thing that disagreeing would be like agreeing i just dont agree with that at all.

13. amberini

amberini New Member

My point was since it seems so many posts result in rancor, then have a thread devoted to arguing the point. That way the thread stays true to what the original poster wanted and new people or others who are genuinely interested in the topic will not have to
    wade through all the back and forth chatter and one up-manship that they aren't interested in and only further confuses the topic.

The debater thread can be linked to whatever post they need to argue about.
    The rest of us can read in peace, the debaters can argue in a confined area, amongst themselves. Of course, then they might lose their audience...

I think this constant aggressiveness on the board gives pause to genuine questions/concerns because any poster will worry about being attacked. Is that what this board is about?

I, for one, don't need an endless supply of research but if I need to know something, I can do a search of the board and find some posts to read.

I imagine this forum was designed for support and education, at least I certainly hope so. People from all over the world come here and this is how they see us, bickering, not a very good first impression. They clearly need help and support otherwise they wouldn't have found this site.

Don't we all remember when we first found out and how it felt to first hear of our diagnosis? Loneliness, anger, frustration, scared, depressed, overwhelmed? This is when people need each other the most. Great, they come here and the first thing they read is a debate. That certainly makes managing MM as clear as mud.

Unfortunately, too many times research is waved about and each person can read the outcome a little differently. Even among scientists, they will disagree on the outcome of a study because they all bring a different set of experiences and knowledge to the table.
    Information can and will be spun.

14. james

Excellent post amberini !

Thanks!

15. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

I have university access. Is there something anyone wants me to look for and post?

16. karenlr

karenlr New Member

OK, I'm lost but then that's normal for me.

17. Seadog

Come on, you know you want to agree with me. I wont tell anybody.

18. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

Whoops, I didn't see the "de".

OINK OINK!!!!

19. egross

egross New Member

I'm with you Piggy. I'm confused.

20. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

i
    I do not want to argee with you and I would like some evidence that proves that i want to agree with you when the facts are right out in the open for everyone to plainly see. The simple fact of the matter is I do not agree with you and dont think its fair for you to say I do.