MARCH 2007 - Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Mar 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Thursday 1 March 2007

If you look deeply enough, you can almost always see the innocence in other people.

I believe we all have goodness inside us and don't believe people are always deliberately annoying or inconsiderate. We need to give others the benefit of the doubt more often than we do. That will help keep our own stress down.

Good Morning to all you Stress-busters!! I did finally get up. I am feeling much better and believe even the coughing will come to an end. Meanwhile sleeping in is really quite wonderful. I could get used to this.

I am glad we didn't drive to WA this weekend - there was a huge pile-up on Snoqualmie pass that was terrible. I would rather wait until we have better weather anyhow.

I hope March will bring everyone better health, better weather and good days. Forward (into) MARCH! ;) :D :D

2. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Happy March, Neighbors!!!

DH and I went up to the mountain house on Monday....I'd heard there were storms forecast, and I wanted to see the snow. Well - I got my wish! Got about six inches Monday night, so DH and I trudged around the entire neighborhood (up and down mountain roads) taking pictures. Then yesterday morning we woke up to NO POWER, and almost two feet of snow in places. We'd parked the truck at the bottom of our steep driveway, which was good, because you could barely see it.

We were out of the house by 7:30 am, and into the beautiful sunshine. Everything looked like a postcard, blanketed by snow. Mind you, we don't usually get snow at 3,000 feet. We walked and walked and walked - the snowplow had cleared the main roads, but the little roads were still covered, so it made trudging through the drifts a real workout. We took a gazillion pictures (me on our old Nikon, and DH on our new Canon), and made a snowman. By noon, the power was still out, so we came on home. Today my leg muscles are screaming! (But I'm hoping that the workout was good for a week's worth of exercise!)

Hope everyone is enjoying a great start to a new month!

xoxoxoxoxo
    deercharmer

3. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Oh heck. Well, the first thing is I forgot (brain fog) to renew the dog license, so now the fee is doubled. DOH. But I am off stupamax and maybe I will be smarter from now on.

It's raining on the snow. Now that is some POWER SLUSH!

I have to go to Washington DC for a work thing next week, and a friend of mine is going to be there and she wants me to stay two extra days and go to museums with her. So I said.......YES!!!! How fun. The Smithsonian! And a free place to stay! And we can stay in and cook!

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Miss B - Sounds like enough exercise for a month :eek:!

Miss P - Have a great time in DC. Take pics!

Miss Joyce - You've been sick long enough. Time to be well :)!

5. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Happy March ya'll! ;D Had a very nice dinner and visit with an old friend last nite. Was nice to get out of the house for a change!!

Maggie enjoyed chatting with you last nite - only wish we could have heard each other! We need our accent fix! LOL Sorry I had to go but it was sooo late and then I woke around 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. Darn arcade kept me up till almost 7am :eek: ::) ;). Slept again till about 10:30. Life as an insomniac.

Joyce I envy your good sleep! Just sorry it's cause you've been sick - BUT you are on the mend and that is a wonderful thing! :-* Get all the rest you need - that's one of the best healers. ;D

Deercharmer sounds like a beautiful sight up at the mountain home! OMG I can imagine how your legs feel. It's a workout walking thru snow - but beautiful!

jrw I need to get another bird book. The one I have is for Texas birds and I'd like to have one that shows more birds. I still have some trouble with bino's but am learning to adapt so I can see the little tweeters! ;)

Jill have you posted Steve's tattoo yet? I'm so old fashioned I could never get one myself.[​IMG]

Marian how interesting about the new government. At least they are trying to do something for the environment![​IMG] I wish you all the luck in contacting the Doc's here in the states. It would be sooooo worth it for you if they could help that nasty PT!

Queen Dixie dear 20 minutes on the treadmill is better than nothing! Any amount of time has got to do something for you so don't worry. I have forgotten when the wedding is. I did not realize how soon it is. I'm sure it will be most beautiful and you will make a lovely Mother of the Bride. :-*

Hello Rae Nell darlin', Di my friend, Linda who's waiting for baseball to begin, nice to see ya Thornie!, Jenski, Loretta keep getting better! and yes it would be nice if we all felt good at the same time, Richard say hi now ;), Sami the sweet hope you are feeling better, Sue glad your camping trip was fun!, Stacey we are missing you as well as Wendy and Tizzy, AJ hope things are smoothing out for ya'll (M and family included), and to all stopping by Joyces wonderful back fence where we kick back, relax and visit! Big group hug! [​IMG]

Love and hugs!

6. jrw

jrw New Member

Carol - if you're a beginner the Kaufman guide is good. Otherwise make sure the guide you pick out has the map right next to the bird, like the National Geographic or the Golden. Peterson may be the benchmark but it's maps are not good and I don't find that book good for novices.

The snow just hit here half hour ago. Schools had been cancelled all day and all we had were high winds. But it sure is coming down now. Occasional white outs. My daughter is in southern Minnesota and all the highways are closed in the southern/western portion. She had planned on driving tomorrow to come here to Wisconsin but it's looking not so good right now. We'll see when the storm ends and if the plows can get out. In southern Minnesota alone they've had 300 vehicles off the road, 164 crashes, and snowplows have just been pulled off the highways. I suspect the Twin Cities airport has some cancellations, too. Guess it's our turn now after the wintry stuff that hit farther south in Oklahoma and Arkansas. At least we don't have tornadoes - those come later in the spring.

I made some pea soup from scratch this morning. Going to curl up with a book after dinner and try to think spring. :)

7. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Carol said I have to say Hi, so I will. Hi!!!!

Like jrw, the weather here is a not good. Seems like every few days some system comes through.
    Here's what we got today........... started after midnight with thunderstorms, heavy rain. That turned into snow sometime in the wee hours. I just looked out, hard to say with the drifting, looks like maybe 6 inches of new snow. Bad thing is the wind, it's gusting to 40 mph. Fortunately not real cold though, about 30 right now. Not far west and north of here in Iowa it's much worse. Interstate 29 was closed from about 40 miles into Missouri, through most of Iowa and into South Dakota at one time. Not sure if they've reopened it yet or not.
    Good thing is, the snow is over, now it's just the wind blowing it around. For a while this morning I couldn't see across the street, it was whiteout conditions. I hear the highway department guys on the scanner, they even brought in reinforcements from down south to help them try to keep roads open. At one point they were about ready to give up, the drifting was the problem.
    My driveway has a 3' drift at the end of it. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.

You all be good, take care.

:)

8. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

[​IMG] Hey Richard! Be careful shoveling!!!!

Thanks jrw. I'll check those out.

9. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

O.K., now I feel like a real weenie, going on and on about our HUGE (foot-and-a-half) snowstorm.... Ya gotta understand, we NEVER get snow out here!

Seriously, though - I know how bad the weather has been all across the country, and every time I see damage or destruction, I worry about all my mm neighbors out there. Tonight on the news, they showed the high school in Alabama, where a tornado hit today and blew it apart. As of tonight, the death count was at 18. So sad.....

Hope all of you in the path of Mother Nature will be safe out there!

xoxoxoxoxo

10. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just checking in here tonight. My internet was down or something like that. I couldnt seem to get on. But when hubby came home from work he fixed it.
    The wedding is April 7th and I sent Linda a anouncement. Hope you can post it Linda.
    Hugs to all and hope you all have a wonderful night.

11. Marian

Marian New Member

Now I read about all that snow in the states, I am a bit envious, but on the other hand, I am always cold and the temperatures are going up here now every day. We didn't have a real winter - only a bit a snow in the East and we had a sprinkle of it here, that melted during the day.

But people are working in their gardens again, hubby too, he even noticed himself that the hydrangeas had such huge buds and did they not need some pruning now? My goodness, I even did not have to tell him and prevented that I feel bad about that. He also wanted to prune the Jasmin (European one), it indeed looks very tall with hardly any growth at the bottom (as pictures show you). But my experience is that with pruning you can read it a bit, but don't look where you should cut and it should look like. As no bush is the same and I also tried in the past to prune the berry bushes and nothing ever was the same as the book said. I said that the European Jasmin we had in New Zealand was never pruned by me. Only when we could not drive the car to the garage, I chopped off some branches. And it flowered like anything and the smell (mmmmmm - marvellous). Now I read the book about it, as in this country trees and shrubs do not grow as fast and in the same style as in New zealand. There the hydrangeas had buds till just above groundlevel, so I chopped it all off and left some good buds over. Never used a book for it, my common sense told me that it would be right. And they always flowered. The ones here had for years no flowers, only lots of leaves. I tried for a while new ones, a different sort, but also different pruning and that was a real disaster. Back to the normal ones, and finally, last year when I had been standing next to Ruud where to prune the thing, we got many flowers but the bushes were so enormous and needed a bit of opening up.

So today he had to do it with advises I told him inside. I catch colds now so soon and the wind is still very chilly. And besides, I was still in my dressing gown. He did it quite nicely, I think, not every branch the same length, and had chopped out the bare ones and some tall ones so in the centre those three bushes are a bit more open. At the back we also have two, with beautiful colours,removed out of a pot, given to us to serve as a potplant inside. But those things need to grow outside, so after flowering I put them close to the patio at the back. We have too much and big ones growing now in our small garden, and some will go to Marike who also has a nice big garden, but unfortunately it does not get any sun (behind high rise buildings) . So I have to go there and see where some of our plants can be planted, but her soil is so poor and nothing has been done to it. There is no lawn, which is a good thing, as Marike can't roll a mower herself. There are tiles in the centre, so a good swing can be attached there and more children things, and maybe also a collapsible sort of umbrella thing where you can hang your washing to dry on. Now she dries it all inside and does not own a dryer and also does not want one, as she never can pay the high costs for electricity.

Well, I managed till I arrived here in the Netherlands again, all those years to live without a dryer, and a dishwasher, and winter back in Holland were real winters, and my washing hanging on the lines got all stiff so you could put down jeans and they would just stand up straight. In the end they really would dry, and the sheets too, freezing drying is also possible. But my poor hands, sometimes they got stuck to the lines. And at that time we still had cotton nappies, who always smelt so nice when they had been hanging outside in the wind and even in frosty weather. So since 1990 I have a dryer, what a luxury, but Ruud has decided, since he puts the washing mainly in the washingmachine, which is in a closed off part of the garage, that he won't use the dryer anymore, but he carries it all upstairs and it hangs over the railing of the landing of the attic or at a drying rack in the attic room, where lots of morning sun comes in. And over the landing the clothes dry very fast as all heat from the house goes up. That is what I always did in the Netherlands before we went to new Zealand. There drying in winter was a real problem, as there was no second floor and no attic. A huge roof, but not covered and lined with wood, only a few beams to walk over very careful, as otherwise you would go right through the ceiling of bedrooms, and worse, of the living room with it fantastic decorated ceiling, with sorts of fishes (or mermaids if you liked to phantasize about it) in the centre and divided into 8 parts. And a centre piece of course and also lined with beautiful decoration all along the edges of the ceiling. All other rooms also had nice linings along the edges and two bedrooms and the other living room had a centre piece as well. The hall too looked great. It was built under architecture in 1902, and most of the stuff came all the way from England. The first owner had it all done, and we were the second owners.

All our spring bulbs are already above the ground and some early daffodils (little ones) are flowering and croccusses of course and the cherry blossom tree in the centre of the front garden was also pruned last year straight after flowering, and is full now of flower buds. Ruud really needs me next to him. He thinks I am not handy with equipment, as I ask very often for help, but he has no clue how to garden. And he can read it all too in the books. He tells me so often, that I should read the booklets when we get new equipment again, but I do not like that. Even at work I figured it all out myself, and had a huge printer, mainly for network. No one could replace the big cartridge in it and also when the fax was doing funny or needed a new date on it after daylight saving etc., they waited till I was back as all those academics had no clue how to do it. They also put piles of papers, not neatly all the same shape, on hte photocopier. And were surprised that it stopped and was telling that such and such was wrong. My goodness, good I could bend down at that time, as I had so many times in the week that I had to go there and lift up all different handles to get the stuck papers out again. So I am not really that clumsy with equipment. It is easier though to call Ruud who seems to read everything and knows it all. Wished he would read the garden books too.

Carol: today parliament was allowed to question the new government. My goodness, instead of helping a bit, the other left winged parties, who did not dare to go into the government, had nothing good to say. The people in the country obviousy wanted a real different government, more left winged, but those two prevented that. One got so many extra votes, but all popular ones. People who are poor voted for him. Now he says that the new government has no plan for poor people. He probably cannot read: rental rates, which during the previous governments went up sometimes twice a year, are not allowed to go up anymore. Some after school care for poorer people gets paid for them. All people who have children on high schools, get free books for them, something that even did not happen when I went to school. I always cheated and went to the book exchange, where students sold their books and bought second hand ones again. Never the latest edition, and the teachers would check your books in the first term. I always got to hear that I had to buy new ones, but never did so. My big atlas of the world was a pre-war one !!! No one ever took that to school, too heavy and bulky to carry around. We just did not have the money for all those new books, and I knew that I was costing my parents already enough for the money they had to pay for the school. During the first 2 years,when my parents were divorced, we were really very poor, and I went to a posh school (Lyceum, with lots of directions you could choose from after the 1st year). I had only one good dress and one skirt and 2 blouses, but held my head high and worked myself to pieces to get good marks, as (being poor which the children luckily did not know) I had to get an average of 7 for all subjects to get free books. First term I got a 3 for French, as all the other ones had learned that already at primary school and they went too fast for me, but next term I had a 6 and that remained like that. But I also had 8 and 9 for some subjects, so I got free books.
    This party who did not want to work in the new coalition won many votes from the old Labour party, and the Green Party, who is also left winged, refused too to go into the coalition. So it is up to the Central Christian party (which is always the biggest of the country as it has Protestant and Catholic people as members and voters), had to form a coalition with the Labour Party and a very very small party of ultra Christian people, who want to go back to the fifties, when the family was always together, mum stayed home, father worked, all were poor but happy (as they try to believe now). Turning the clock back is just not possible, we live now in the 21st Century and not in the fifties of the 20th Century. Now fathers and mothers work and children end up very often in day care centres, which is not good according to that very Christian party. They also want to cut into the law about abortion and euthanasia. But laws are not that easily changed and especially not by a very small party. Only people from the Christian belt that goes dionagally though the country, are behind that. Still that party got 2 ministers and 2 semi ministers (do not know the right word for it). And they only have 6 seats in total. Too much has been given to that party, only to keep the coalition together. Why not the Green Party, they are always talking and critisizing the government and I agreed with lots they said. But now the Labour party decided that they would bring more green subjects in their plans. Not more highways, only making them about 5-6 lines wide at each side. Andalso not more roads through nature areas, which was almost happening before the previous government left. We have a little bit of nature and want to keep that.

At Delft University some people have designed (with more luck than wisdom, as it just happened while working at something else) a good fuel stuff, which won't need corn, wheat , or anything else people in the world eat. We have an overload of sugar beets here, where sugar was made from. Those factories were closing down, as we imported more sugar from sugar reets from other countries. Better sugar and then you help poorer countries too. The sugar beets are very good and also the left overs of wheat and some woodchips, and a secret thing they won't tell yet, but a sort of yeast, which they discovered accidentally, to make fantastic cheap and good and clean fuel for cars. As soon as it is accepted, the country wants to open factories in many countries to make it. So no exporting of it, but giving work to local people in other countries.

Hope it will work - hybrid cars are not popular here as they still need to get gas (petrol). There are some available, but promotion is not going well. We have a big shortage of natural gas now, as in the past they sold all our natural gas to other countries, thinking it would never stop. Well, it did, there is a little bit left and then we have to rely on gas from Russia. And no more nuclear energy - we have one left, and that was going to be closed. But more and more windmills those big ones), also in the North Sea whole areas will be filled with windmills. And also more in the country. Farmers will get their own windmill (one or two), and all houses have to be fully insulated and preferably sunshields on the roofs. And the walls too. What a lot of plans, wonder how far it will bring us. We are told, like in Australia, to use other lamps as the normal one takes too much energy. We have in our house in several lamps that are on most of the time, those very expensive saving lamps, but they last 9 times longer than a normal lamp bulb. Our own Philips industry, who started with the lamp bulb as a first article, is very sad about it, but times are changing. Not all lamps can be replaced, and the ones e.g. in the toilet, that is only on for short time and in the cellar too, can have the normal ones.

Writing to doctors in the States will be done in the weekend. Need no one around me to think carefully what I will write down.

I see, I have been writing a book again. So I go to bed now, it made me nicely sleepy.

Bye everyone, hope everyone is well and not snowed under and sick anymore. My husband also feels better now, that colonoscopy went well as they put him under this time. Our neighbour picked him up later and he came back, looking very normal. But the next day, he had pain and was not feeling very well and was icecold.

Marian

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Dixie - Send it to me again. I didn't get it.

13. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

Hello all of you wonderful people in Joyce's corner!!!!

Happy March 1st...or should I say March 2nd. LOL Anyway, Feb. blew by so fast it made my head spin. Let's hope life slows down so we can enjoy it. I pray that March will be a calmer month than Feb...too much illnesses and crisis modes going on!

I am taking a week long break at my cousin's house. He and his wife are out of town. It's so peaceful here!! Time to recharge my batteries and hopefully welcome in Spring! ::) 8)

Too all of you, please take care of yourselves!! I know that I have been more miss than hit on this thread, but you are all in my thoughts daily...and I mean it! :-* :-* :-*

14. jill

jill New Member

Happy March Everyone!!

Our local Metorologists keep saying that spring has begun in their little weather world, but ya can't prove it by me today!! It's just nasty out there. We have an ice storm warning for our parts right now, and our School district didn't delay school! I just hope and pray everyone gets there safely. Steve took my vehicle once again. It will turn to heavy rain in a bit and then we will have flood warnings. Tomorrow will hit 50 I think they said! YIPEEEEE

We might go into Boston tomorrow to see the USS JFK (big John). It sailed from virgina into Boston Harbor yesterday for the weekend. Public tours sat & sun. Then it's off to Fla to be decommissioned sometime in MArch. Looks very impressive.

Carol...no, haven't taken a picture of the tatoo just yet. Looks good, but still healing a bit. He looked so at ease getting it done, I said hummm, I could do this. Then We when left I asked about the pain and he described it to me...Nope, not getting one now!!

Marian...So jealous about your spring bulbs starting to sprout. can't wait!! And it's nice Ruud helps with the gardening. My hubby doesn't. although if I was laid up and I asked, I'm sure he would.

I love the smell of clothes that have dried on the clothes line. That's how I grew up, we never had a dryer. I remember the jeans being stiff as a board too! My mom has wanted to put one up at this house and we bought one of those retactable ones, but our yard isn't really good for a line and we haven't put the effort into trying to make it work. SOmeday!

Nice to see you Stacey.

Thornie too!!

jrw...I have the Perterson Eastern Birds field guide. Not bad, I do use it alot. But I have this little Usborne spotters guide to N america birds that Is just as good, if not better picture wise. Don't get the detail, But I use this one a lot too.

Linda....2 Pats players are pretty much officially gone as of today, Daniel Graham and Corey Dillion. Ya know, I don't know why we fans spend all this money on our favorite players stuff, cause then we have to get all new stuff every few years. Pooey!

Richard....so who's gonna take the cup this year? pushin for your boy JJ again? Not sure who I'm cheering for yet!

Hey DC....watching Idol? Any early fav's?

Rae Nell darlin...so sorry to read about your er visit. THat stinks. Hope todays a better day for ya!

Hey Dixie!!!

Joyce....soo glad you are truely on the mend. That was to long! Thanks for still coming here every day to post for us. Much appreciated. :-* :-*

Have a fabulous day!!

15. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

---------------------

16. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Hi All!

We're getting some kind of precipitation here, but can't tell if it's sleet or ice-- and every once in awhile we get huge fat flakes of snow. It's a WINTER MESS! Don't know if schools around here were cancelled, but sure hope so.

The bird feeders are very busy today, making me think of fishing boats with their individual clouds of seagulls. Those downey woodpeckers are such beautiful birds! Well, I think all of our winter "regulars" are just gorgeous. Fat juncos, adorable tufted titmice, my beloved chickadees, goofy nuthatches and the VERY HUNGRY FINCHES. Am SO glad I got a "finch flocker" last summer. That came about because John was annoyed at how the finches would come and just park themselves at the sunflower seed feeder.

"All they do is eat and poop. They don't let the other birds get anything."

The finch flocker, filled with thistle seed, seems to be a good diversion. While the finches park there, the other birds get to tank up.

The sound of sleet hitting the skylight makes me feel safe and cozy and warm.

Have not listened to any news yet today. Part of me is hesitant to hear more about the horrible storms in Alabama that destroyed that school.

Is it just me, or does this seem "early" to hear so much of tornados?

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. Am glad to be here!

xoxoxo,
    Jenski

17. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just checking in here. Linda I sent it to you snail mail. I mailed it off on sunday you should of gotten it. I will check on my computer and see if we have it saved any where and try and email it if it is in here.,
    Well kind of spining here have been for the last week. Hope things start getting better. Hubbies blood pressure is still up he has to take his blood pressure 3 times a day and write it down and then fax the stuff to his doctor. He is on new meds hopping that it takes affect and starts to lowering it soon.
    He goes into an specialist on May 2nd so we wont know any more until then. I should be in the hospital then and recoveing form knee surgery.
    Hope every one has a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs to all

18. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Friday 2 March 2007

Humor doesn't keep your house clean or organized, but it does give you perspective and make you feel better.

Humor can help us get through just about everything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We still have promises of new snow predicted for our area and at same time see signs of spring with the green part of the bulbs pushing through the earth. Spring is not far away and DST will start earlier this year and last longer. We may as well declare DST as normal time and just declare the winter months as winter time. Seems silly all this moving clocks ahead. I have never liked it. That will be my whine for the day.

Rae Nell read about your allergy shot reaction. That brought back memories. I used to conduct allergy clinic twice a week back in the day. I remember a few reactions. Maybe they started you on too high a dose. No doubt it will be cut next time you go for a shot. Very freaky for all involved. I laughed that you wanted your laptop.

Thornie I lived in Arlington for a couple of years and was working in WA Dc and loved it. I loved all the touristy things to do and places to go. I wished I had taken more pictures though. The Smithsonian was a favorite place to go. You can't see it all in one day and completely take it all in. There is just too much. I hope when you go that the cherry blossoms will be in bloom - that makes everything so beautiful there. I never could get over how big the Lincoln Memorial was and the Washington Monument. I loved the Jefferson Memorial (especially at night) too. You will have such a fun time.

deercharmer I am glad you got your mountain snow at your cabin. bummer about the power going out, but sounds like you all made the best of things anyhow.

Carol I am almost embarrassed at the amount of sleep I am getting. I am finally getting 8 hours and then some.
    A local MM friend wants me to make plans to lunch together - I need to do that. It is so much fun to get out with friends and do anything. I am glad you had fun getting out with your friend.

jrw I have a bird book I have had a while - just called North American Birds (by Rick Imes) It had neat maps and also show flyways for migratory birds. It is not a large book, but at least has pictures. I guess it is the pine siskin that live here year round and fly in a roller coaster fashion. They are fun to watch fly and land and seem to be in huge flocks around these parts.

Richard I am so happy you stopped by. Are you in another job yet? I love the little bird that is part of your signature line. Seems birds are topic of discussion for now. We all love our birds. We have had strange winter weather all over. I know we will be happy when spring comes but we will surely complain about the heat.

Are you shoveled out yet? ???

Dixie We will be excited to see pictures of the wedding and the dresses on the people.

Marian You overwhelm me with your ability to write so much. I hope you are able to compose the letter you want to the Dr. you are wanting to see. It seems you gather speed with age and I am slowing down. We got the people we want in our districts representing us so hoping that small step makes a difference in local politics. I would never be good in politics because it is hard to find middle ground and be able to please everyone.
    I am glad you are getting new energy and able to keep up with the yard and things. Here, we prune thing after blooming and before they set the buds for spring. I never prune in spring time unless it is something I don't want. Right now they tell us to cut branches from the forsythia to force blooms inside. The nice thing about that is there will be no bugs. I may just do that. I need a little spring on the table.

It is interesting to read all about your own political stuff. I have no regrets about being retired. It is really quite nice to have all this free time for other things. The weather is only thing that holds back our traveling right now.

Stacey good to see you pop in here. Next time you are in Boise, let us know you are coming - that will give me a chance to dress before noon and maybe we can do lunch together. ;) LOL These day I am not dressed till late in the day.

Jill Owie! Hurt! I would never get a tattoo - I don't like pain. So what did you get?? Never mind - I see it was your son. What kind of tattoo did he get? Like you - see no eveidence of warmer weather. ???

Di Hi to you! I think or you people in that area while I read this latest book I am reading called Sweet Dreams at the Goodnight Motel. It is about a lady from Shreveport, LA who goes to find where her father grew up in Valentine, OK. Don't know if there is such a place, but she meets people who live there and her car is stolen the first night she is there so she sort of is trapped while at the same time on a vacation. She gets acquainted with the town folks and the girlfriend of the one who stole her car. Interesting story and easy read. I am almost done with it.

Jenski Hi to you. Like you, I almost hate watching or reading the news - so many natural disasters around the country and world. Hubby belongs to a emergency response thing and they focus on what we need to do in our homes and communities to be prepared for calamity, earthquake, storms, etc. I wonder if one can ever be totally prepared?

We haven't seen any little finches yet this year. I miss their nesting on our back porch, but they left such a mess. When we repainted the house the nest went out in the garbage. We must have a yard full of worms and bugs. We always have flocks of birds in our yard pecking at the ground.

Linda Hi to you. (waving)

y'all take care of yourselves and have a great day.
    :D :D

19. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Yeh I am excited to see all of my girls in there dresses and all nice and pretty. We have a hotel room all set for us to stay there and all. We are going up the day before the wedding to see if my daughter needs help with any thing.
    We might just stay the weekend not sure but we do have the room for 2 nights.
    I told my daughter that people over the whole wide world is going to see them in the wedding best and all that good stuff. She said that she was going to be on the world wide web? And I said of course I have to shair every thing with my MM family. LOL
    Hey we are all family here right???
    Hubby is still working on the laptop to see if he can get it conected to the internet before my surgery so I can keep in touch with all of you. But if not I will be thinking of you all. I will know the excat date on Tuesday.
    Hugs to all and have a wonderful weekend you all.

20. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hello everyone.

Just busy working and waiting for baseball!