~~Many Thanks For Your~~~

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Sami, Aug 14, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi All..... :-*

Just want to pop in and say "THANK YOU" to several folks that sent me post and emails and cards in regards to my knee surgery last week. It is so uplifting to know that others are out there sending good thouhgt.....prayers and good wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. I thank you from the heart.....and I ask for blessings for each and everyone of you. .....you know who you are.....and big time (((hugs))) to you all. Wishing you all well!.....

Love and hugs.....
    Sami..... :-*

2. Spinner

Spinner New Member

Sami,

Glad to hear you are on the mend. :) Take it slow and easy! I am sending special get well mojo from latte land to Peach land! I am off work for a bit myself as I kinda knicked my thumb with a table saw. :eek: :eek: (I guess I thought as long as you were suffering a bit so should I! ;D)

Relax............. ;D

Your buddy,

Spinner

3. Sami

Sami New Member

Hey Spinner..... ;D

Thank you for your reply. It gave me a good laugh.....and I sure needed one right now. :p You take care of yourself my friend, and I will sure be doing the same. I start PT tomorrow and will get the custom made brace soon, and will wear that for 3 months, and hope it helps with the healing. I am walking on the leg and the knee is improving, but still a ways to go yet, the Dr. said. Thanks again Spinner, and my very best to you and yours.

Your Friend.....
    Sami..... :)

4. Sami

Sami New Member

Hey Linda..... :-*

Thank you so much for the PM and the card. I just found it and have just sent you a PM. I hope you get it. Yeah..... ::) Email problems again! Check your PM's. it's all in there.....if you got it! ::)

Love and hugs.....

5. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Wow!! Both knees - you will be able to have them both heal at one time.

My prayers thoughts are with you and hoping you have a speedy recovery so you can be back on your feet again. You were brave to have this done. Take it all one day at a time and remember - baby steps.

Many big healing hugs to you!! :D

6. Sami

Sami New Member

Hey DJ..... ;D

Thanks for your post here. I thought I had better let you know.....I ONLY HAD SURGERY ON THE RIGHT KNEE. The Dr. found that there were 2 (TWO) tears in the right knee and repaired both of the TEARS.....but this was only the right knee. I am still on the mend and will start PT on Monday. I will also have to wear a custom made brace on the right knee to get it working again. :p TTL it was only the ONE knee.....it was not a knee replacement.....the Dr. said both of the knees look good.....except for the damage I did to the right knee :eek:.. Got to remember that I'm an old lady and not do thingd the mind says I can do.....when the body knows better! ;D

Love and hugs to you.....

7. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

My goodness, I did not know! Now that I do I send you all of the healing energy I can muster. Nothing is too good for our dearest Sami. Every good wish for a quick and complete healing, Sami.
    Paul

btw, we are eating peaches today picked just this morning. The juice is sticky and dripping down our chins and necks as it should from a perfect peach.

8. Trish

Trish Guest

Sami! ;D

Hope you are up and running again soon!
    Whatever you were doing when you injured your knee.....don't do it again! :mad: :D

9. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi Paul..... :)

Many thanks for your kind comments. You are a sweetheart, and I will accept all the healing energy that you are sending my way. I can sure use it. I am healing but doing a little back slide now and then :p..... so I thank you my kind friend for your good wishes. Hugs to you and Tori.....

Love and hugs.....

10. Sami

Sami New Member

Hey Trish..... ;D

You are still there across the pond,huh??? Thanks for for your post. Yeah.....I was washing my car when this happened. I will no longer be doing stuff that old ladies should not be doing. :D I just saw in the paper today that the Gov. of California had to cancel some of his plans.....due to having damage his knee.....and they think it is a tear in the Miniscus.... :'( painful this was.....but on the mend now, and start PT tomorrow.....and get the custom brace soon..... need to get the knee working again so I can walk. Thanks again Trish, and best regards to you
    and yours.

Love and hugs.....

11. Spinner

Spinner New Member

Sami,

I hope you are beginning to feel better. I have a lot of experience with knee surgeries and know how important it is to be careful, but at the same time try to do all the PT (Pain and Torture) they give you. Hope your rehab goes well my friend.

Good left coast juju to you!

Spinner :)

12. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

My husband asked if you know the difference between a terrorist and a therapist. ??? ??? You can negotiate with a terrorist. ::) :p

A bad joke, I know - but Spinner's comment triggered a thought from his tortured days with his PT person. ;D ;D

13. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi Guys..... :-*

Thank you Spinner and DJ.....you guys do know how to life one up! :D I started my PT and it was somewhat tough.....I am having some complications with the build of fluid in the knee.....but this PT knows her stuff for sure. (She is great)

She worked on me for two hours and used machine and ice pack thingy.....and now I have the homework to do.....then go back on Thursday for more treatment.....then the homrwork and then back to her on Monday. Guess time will tell.....but I am seeing improvements in both the legs today. It was painful but well worth it. Still on the walker and crutchers but walking when I feel I can without those.....but only around my room and office.

Thanks for your caring. DJ.....I got your sweet care yesterday.....and thank you so much. I do look like that! ;D How did you know??? ;D

Take care all.....
    Love and hugs to all.....

14. Spinner

Spinner New Member

Could a marathon be far off? (Just kidding) Glad its going well Sami. :) It can be a long road sometimes but the effort is worth the reward. ;) It is also good to like the people treating you.

I just got back from the Doctor myself on a follow-up to my thumb injury. :eek: I knicked it pretty good with a table saw last tuesday and have been having some bleeding issues (I take blood thinners every day) and some infection problems. He says it should be fine in about a month. At least I don't have to do any exercises with a PT (Pain & Torture ) therapist. ;D ;D ;D

Keep up the good work!

Spinner