majorly depressed

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by weebeefine, Dec 17, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

what kind of work do you do Linda???

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I started out as a secretary, then became a sales and marketing manager (major stress), did sales for a while, went to customer service (at the time I could still hear out of one ear), and now I'm back to receptionist (even though I'm virtually deaf) and admin. The thing with my job is there is not much stress with no deadlines and no overtime. The stress comes from trying to hear. I use an assistive device on the phone and am not required to take messages. I pass the caller to the person they want or the voicemail. My brain recognizes the names -- my ears don't anymore. At some point, I will be moved from the front desk and phone duties and will just do computer work. The office noise is a problem and we are working on that. That's why I wear the headset to help block the noise.

If you do office work, you might consider data entry. That would be my next move.

3. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

I'm a legal secretary. I can still hear some what in my left ear...but after a day on the phone...my hearing sucks and my head pounds. The office is located in an old apartment building..with old fluorescent lights that buzz all the time which affects my hearing aid...and we are close to a major traffic hub... and there is always someone yelling in the office....they don't know the meaning of intercom. I would like a quiet job.

4. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Keep your options open, every lawyer I have been to was in a quiet office and a one girl office too.

Sparrow :D :D

5. rev

rev New Member

weebeefine,
    I'll let you know when my sis needs another staff member. Her practice has grown to the point she ought to hire a legal secretary instead of one that primarily answers the phones. She doesn't need another partner, just some really good help.

I'm sure there are lots of smaller firms in your area that have the same need. Almost too much for one attorney, but not enough for two. Think about new options.

6. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Yea because if you are stressed at work you know it will affect you in a bad way. Oh those buzzing fluorescent lights. Yuck!

Hang in there weebee!

7. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

ok....I'm back again.....mot quite as bad as before...but I'm getting there...I'm so tired of this rollercoaster...I want to get off. I'm not asking to be miraculously healed of this awful disease..I would just like a moment's relief from this kla/smfklejfa jf ahlNFDS,FNLASFJKCMDL.FJM.LFD BUZZIGNG. I'M GOING STARK RAVING MAD!!