majorly depressed

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by weebeefine, Dec 17, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

Hi Everyone..I've been signed in for quite a while this morning. I read a post cry for a while and and read some more. Everyone is so wonderful...i wish I had someone here with me that I could hold onto and cry, that understood like you guys do!!! It's really difficult because my hearing is so bad...If I took my hearing aid out, I can't hear a thing. Every doctor I've seen has told me that I would never loose all my hearing in my left ear, like in my right ear, but I'm afraid they were all wrong. It's bad now and getting worse every day. I'm so scared.

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I'm losing my hearing, too. Without my hearing aids, I'm dead in the water. It was very scary at first, but I'm adjusting. I finally decided it's not my fault and others will just have to learn to deal with it just like I do. I try to think of all the things that are good in my life, and it so outweighs this. Yes, there are times I cry and get frustrated, but I never stop adjusting and looking at the good things.

Give yourself some time....and never give up. Change the way you look at it. Decide you are still the person you've always been. Be open and honest with others about it. If you can't hear, you can't hear. Tell them that with confidence. There is so much technology now.....text messaging, email, etc. Use that technology and keep fighting.

3. DizzyNBlue

DizzyNBlue Forever Faithful Dumbass

Sweety would ou red reply#15 and se the links I sent you, te doctos and the link to get to more doctors. Also the 2 tht tret depression. Please reach out for help. I am here and giving you a REALL BIG HUG FROM HERE. You will be ok I can't say when but You Wil be ok. Please look at my post to you last night I think there are somethings that can be of help to you. Please feel free to pm me. God is always with you just remember reach out and take his hand and he will give you peace. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.

4. DizzyNBlue

Please look into this information and call someone the link brings up a map and you just click on your state and the info is there ... its a pdf file so if you need help feel free to let someone know. If I'm not here Im sure others will help you get the info.

Click this link http://www.vestibular.org/find-medical-help/search-by-region.php for your state and it will get a list of doctors for you. I hope this is of some help.

Baltimore, MD
    Anne Spar, PT
    Johns Hopkins Balance Center
    601 N. Caroline St., 8th floor
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3403

Lutherville, MD
    Eric M. Gordon, PT
    Maryland Ctr. for Vertigo & Balance Disorders
    1212 York Rd., Ste. C-101
    Lutherville, MD 21093
    (410) 321-0377 just a couple that caught my eye but you can check out the others as well

Bethesda, MD
    Jean Ratner, LCSW-C
    Clinical social worker
    8209 Hamilton Spring Ct.
    Bethesda, MD 20817
    (301) 469-8542
    Treats anxiety, panic, and phobias related to
    balance disorders
    10400 Connecticut Ave., Ste. 201
    Kensington, MD 2081
    (301) 469-8542
    balance disorders.

5. DizzyNBlue

There you go look below I went ahead and got all the listings for you ...... call someone,please (o:}

Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.
    Resource List
    These are health professionals and others with an expressed interest in vestibular disorders. We hope this list provides a useful resource. However,
    VEDA does not rank the people on the list or make endorsements or non-endorsements. If you experience severe dizziness or balance problems, the
    place to start is with your family physician or internist. You will probably need a physical examination to determine if your dizziness is caused by a
    problem unrelated to the inner ear. If your physician rules out these other causes, you may find this list useful.
    Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
    Johns Hopkins Medicine
    601 N. Caroline St., Rm. 6253
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3403
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    David S. Zee, MD
    Johns Hopkins Hosp. PATH 2 -210
    600 N. Wolfe St.
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3319
    §
    Chevy Chase, MD
    Bruce Feldman, MD
    ENT/otolaryngologist, neurotologist
    Feldman, Oringher, Dettelbach, Meslok,
    and Schoenfeld Otolaryngology
    5454 Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 1535
    Chevy Chase, MD 20815
    (301) 652-8847
    §
    Columbia, MD
    Nathaniel Carter, MD
    Neuro-ophthalmologist
    Maryland Center for Neuro-ophthalmology
    & Neuro-otology
    Columbia Medical Center
    11055 Little Patuxent Parkway, Ste. L2
    Columbia, MD 21044
    (410) 740-1000
    §
    Germantown, MD
    Bruce Feldman, MD
    ENT/otolaryngologist, neurotologist
    20528 Boland Farm Rd., Ste. 210
    Germantown, MD 20876
    (301) 515-6314
    §
    Lutherville, MD
    Leonard Proctor, MD
    Otologist
    Gehris, Jordan, and Associates
    1212 York Rd., Bldg. C, Rm. 202
    Lutherville, MD 21093
    (410) 821-9110
    §
    Washington, DC
    Dennis Fitzgerald, MD
    Capital Ear Group
    4600 North Tower POB
    106 Irving St. NW
    Washington, DC 20010
    (202) 726-8022
    also: see Arlington, VA
    §
    Washington, DC
    Seth F. Oringher, MD
    1145 19th St. N.W., Ste. 402
    Washington, D.C. 20036
    (202) 466-7747
    §
    Wilmington, DE
    Michael Teixido, MD
    Family ENT Physicians
    1941 Limestone Rd., Ste. 210
    Wilmington, DE 19808
    (302) 998-0300
    §
    sections may also provide vestibular
    rehabilitation services at their clinics.
    Baltimore, MD
    Cassandra Gannon, DPT
    University of Maryland Medical Center
    16 S. Eutaw St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201
    (410) 328-7725
    [email protected]
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    Linda Horn, PT, NCS
    Rehabilitation Services, Box 047
    St. Agnes Hospital
    900 Caton Ave.
    Baltimore, MD 21229
    (410) 368-2804
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    Jennifer L. Millar, PT
    Johns Hopkins Center
    601 N. Caroline St., Ste. 8008
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-0015
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    Michael C. Schubert, PT, PhD
    Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
    Johns Hopkins Medicine
    601 N. Caroline St., 6th floor
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3403
    §
    VESTIBULAR DISORDERS ASSOCIATION VEDA
    PO Box 13305 ▪ Portland, OR 97213 ▪ fax: (503) 229-8064 ▪ (800) 837-8428 ▪ [email protected] ▪ www.vestibular.org

Maryland, Delaware, & District of Columbia Resource List Vestibular Disorders Association www.vestibular.org Page 2 of 2
    Baltimore, MD
    Anne Spar, PT
    Johns Hopkins Balance Center
    601 N. Caroline St., 8th floor
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3403
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    Michael C. Schubert, PT, PhD
    Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
    Johns Hopkins Medicine
    601 N. Caroline St., 6th floor
    Baltimore, MD 21287
    (410) 955-3403
    §
    Baltimore, MD
    Michael Wah, PT, OCS
    Active Life and Sports PT
    4337 Ebenezer Rd.
    Baltimore, MD 21236
    §
    Bethesda, MD
    Jennifer Werdell, MS, PT, GCS
    Suburban Hospital
    8600 Old Georgetown Rd.
    Bethesda, MD 20814
    (301) 896-3169
    §
    Bethesda, MD
    Stacey Buckner, DPT
    Suburban Hospital
    8600 Old Georgetown Rd.
    Bethesda, MD 20814
    (301) 896-3169
    §
    Columbia, MD
    Janice Sallitt, PT
    JVS Rehabilitation
    10632 Little Patuxent Pkwy., St.e 129
    Columbia, MD 21044
    [email protected]
    www.jvsrehab.com
    §
    Elkridge, MD
    Mariah Miano, PT
    Columbia Physical Therapy, LLC
    8186 Lark Brown Rd.
    Elkridge, MD 21075
    (410) 799-4232
    §
    Frederick, MD
    Cassandra Gannon, DPT
    Gambrill’s Physical Therapy
    7817 Baltimore National Pike, Ste. A
    Frederick, MD 21702
    (301) 473-4065
    [email protected]
    §
    Lutherville, MD
    Eric M. Gordon, PT
    Maryland Ctr. for Vertigo & Balance Disorders
    1212 York Rd., Ste. C-101
    Lutherville, MD 21093
    (410) 321-0377
    §
    Wilmington, DE
    Greg Rybicki, PT
    Barley Mill Rehabilitation
    3604 Lancaster Pike
    Wilmington, DE 19805
    (302) 995-6095
    §
    Bowie, MD
    Lisa Nelson, AuD
    Hearing Professionals, Inc.
    4000 Mitchellville Rd., Ste. A202
    Bowie, MD 20716
    (301) 464-2036
    [email protected]
    www.hearing-professionals.com
    §
    Laurel, MD
    Lisa Nelson, AuD
    Hearing Professionals, Inc.
    14201 Laurel Park Dr., Ste. 109
    Laurel, MD 20707
    (301) 604-3177
    [email protected]
    §
    Waldorf, MD
    Lisa Nelson, AuD
    Hearing Professionals of Waldorf, Inc.
    3475 Leonardtown Rd., Ste. 104
    Waldorf, MD 20602
    (301) 932-4237
    [email protected]
    §
    Clinical social worker
    8209 Hamilton Spring Ct.
    Bethesda, MD 20817
    (301) 469-8542
    balance disorders
    Kensington, MD
    Jean Ratner, LCSW-C
    Clinical social worker
    10400 Connecticut Ave., Ste. 201
    Kensington, MD 2081
    (301) 469-8542
    balance disorders.
    to us that they perform in-office
    BPPV head maneuvers.

6. jabber

jabber New Member

Weebeefine,- I am so glad you've posted today, been worried about you and have been coming in and out of here off and on most of the day. Yes you're scared, of course you are and so am I because I have no hearing left in my right ear and I have started losing the hearing in my left ear as well, it's not what I was hoping for BUT,-- I'm going to have to get through it. You will too just get yourself the help you need, it's "baby steps" Sweety, one day at a time and we're all here to hold you up. We all have our crying days and days when we just want to pack it all in but we DON'T, that's not what God has intended us to do. So you keep fighting and stay here with us and remember we are the part of your family that does understand. ((((( HUGS ))) Loretta

7. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Weebeefine,

I can't add much to what's already been suggested other than to ADD MY HUGS and support and heartache. I read once where "depression is anger turned inward." Sometimes I find that to be very true: I'm angry about something, but don't feel "safe" releasing that anger so I sit on it and forget all about (I think), and all the while, it's festering and wreaking havok in my life!

I think you're an awesome Mom to go see your daughter's dance performance!

My hearing is "minimally" affected, but it fluctuates and I know sometimes I feel so "out of it" because I'm not hearing clearly and I feel isolated because of it. And I get ANGRY! REALLY REALLY ANGRY! I'm angry because I can't hear like I used to, I'm angry because people who should KNOW better sometimes get annoyed because they have to repeat themselves a few times before I understand what they're saying, but mostly I'm ANGRY because I can't control this "thing." I'm learning how to live with it, and SO MUCH of what I've learned has come from the wisdom and kindness of the folks on this website.

You are NOT alone, dear. Not by a long shot!

Depression can be debilitating. I hope you will reach out and not be alone with it. We're here, and there are people in your community who can help you to feel less isolated.

MAJOR HUGGAGE!

Jenski

8. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

I'm still reading and crying... I don't really know you guys, but I'm glad I have you to talk to. It's just so hard. I'm at the point where I feel people are getting tired of me talking about this disease, about not being able to hear, not feeling well. I don't know how to make them understand that this disease is invisable to the onlooker but very real 24/7 to the one who's "lucky" enough to be diagnosed with it. To top everythis else, I've been nauseous for about 3 days, and my lower back and I ache like I'm getting my period. I'm afraid to eat because of the sodium, and my husband says I'm not taking enough in...so at this point I'm Damned if I do and Damned if I don't......crying some more!!!!! I could talk all day and feel like I'm running in circles.....

9. jabber

jabber New Member

Keep talking that's what we're all here for to listen to each other rant and rave when the need arises. Listen to me, and to the others here, we are all tired of trying to explain this illness to people and we all deal with it all the time. There ARE people and people we have in our own immediate families that just "don't get it" and they probably never will you can talk till you're blue in the face and they still won't understand BUT you HAVE to pull yourself together Sweety and get yourself to a Dr. that will help you with the depression and get you an appointment with an ENT that is experienced as far as Meniere's goes. I don't want to seem harsh, but you know what,- you have to fight with everything you've got in you, you're a great mom and you deserve to have the best medical attention you can get. I spent almost two full days of crying last week because I was so damned frustrated and during those two days of crying I was nauseous too get to your Dr. and get the medication you need to get yourself calmed down first and foremost and then you'll be able to go from there. If you HAVE to, go to E.R. and see a Dr. there if you can't get in to see your own Dr. right away. Keep posting Kiddo (((( HUGS )))) Loretta

10. dizzymom

dizzymom New Member

I'm new here, but I wanted to say that you are in my prayers. I too know how difficult it can be. I also know how it feels when people in your life act like they're tired of hearing about it. They do love you, they just don't know what to say and feel bad because they can't take the pain and suffering away for you.
    You are strong and you will get through it.
    Yes, isn't it wonderful to see all these strangers who care about you. Listen to them. They know what they're talking about.
    I reached out when I was sinking and they pulled me back up.
    They are doing the same for you.
    We are all here for you.

11. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

Thanks Dizzy and Jabber for your words of encouragement...I'm trying really hard to get out of this funk.....but it's hard to see when your eyes are swolen shut from crying.....lol...I'm getting ready to take my meds and go lay down...say a long prayer for me...I think the first thing I need to do is renew my faith..and leave all my problems and worries there.

12. annegina

annegina New Member

Weebeefine--
    I dont know if youre still reading posts or its the a.m. and you hopefully got some good rest. I wanted to add my thoughts and prayers that you get to a better space with whats going on.
    I have been on an emotional rollercoaster, too, though I got some help with my depression and that has really helped me turn a corner. These last few days I have been having more pain and fullness and I know that Im headed for a fluctuation. Where they used to scare me to death and devastate me,
    now I am committed to managing it and trying not to feel too bad--rather hopeful and grateful for the things I still have. My anxiety and grief were paralyzing me-- I felt like the whole fall season passed me by this year.
    I used to have these vague feelings of "not wanting to be here anymore"
    --but truly what was that??? I would never commit suicide--it would devastate my family. I could just passively lie there and not eat, not do anything--but my husband would never let that continue--he'd take me in
    to the ER ( of the hospital I work in, no less) and get me help--then all my coworkers would talk about me. So what to do??
    I read posts by people who have MM so much worse than I do, and I become inspired by their struggle to feel well. I read posts by Linda and Gardenfish-
    people who have struggled to live as normal a life as possible for a LONG
    time--and they've done it! If they can do it I can do it and you can do it!
    Anxiety and depression are the worst, but there is help for that. God bless you and hang in there.
    Carol

13. sparrow

sparrow Guest

(((((((WeeBeeFine hugs))))))))))

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, have been down due to MM and MAV, but am here now. I just read thru this thread and I also pm'd you. If you need to talk, just call me, okay? Seems like you might live in my neck of the woods. I'm just a phone call away.

I have been where you are right now, most recently mostly. If it hadn't been for this group I don't know if I would have made it, honest. Christmas is really tough on us, the expectations and pressures. I put myself in your shoes over what you went thru with your daughter and I could really appreciate how you must have felt, been there too.

Never give up............. just wait another 5 more minutes, a miracle can happen !!! Just believe !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparrow

14. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

I logged in tonight just to see how you are doing. I'm so very proud of you for hanging in there and posting. You are doing great! ... and resting is very important for all of us. Crying too, by the way, is wonderful...it releases so much negativity and I feel sorry for any of us that can't allow tears whether they are sad or happy ... doesn't matter ... it is feeling and recognizing our emotions. MMers often try to cover up so much that sometimes we become disconnected, but you sound good and you have made my entire evening wonderful! Thank you.

As for food, well, that can be a problem if salt is one of your triggers. When you get a chance, pop over to the Kitchen and check out some of the recipes. Some of them are fantastic! Oh, by the way, the brand Mrs. Dash has some excellent seasonings without salt or msg. I haven't had any problem with the ones I've tried so far.

I wish I had the chance to talk with your family, but that isn't possible unless all of you would consider coming to one of our get-togethers. They are not on a set schedule and are held all over the place. I hope you will keep one eye open for one close to you or clear across the country if you can make it. It is amazing how we can walk into a room full of strangers and feel completely accepted and relaxed in the first five minutes.

{{{ BIG HUG }}} ... and remember, I'm only a PM or post away.

15. rev

rev New Member

I'm standing watch and guarding the door with prayer. We will walk out of here together. May you find some peace today and rest easier tonight. You are surrounded by friends - and these friends stick together.

16. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

It's 7:54 a.m. and I'm reading all the posts again..I need the words of wisdom to start my day. Didn't sleep at all last night...tossed and turned all night and the nasuea was pretty bad...never did get sick though. I took off work today....needed "me" time...lawyers are so needy. I feel a little better today. Everyone has been so good to me..thanks. I'll be here off and on all day...Love ya'll

17. Peanut Brittle

Weebeefine,

You, my dear, are AWESOME! I'm SO glad you're checking in.

Here are some more thoughts on top of massive hugs...

re: fear of eating... well, check out the kitchen on the site here if you haven't already. It seems at times that EVERYTHING has sodium, there's plenty of stuff we CAN eat safely-- we just have to think about it for a minute or so... sometimes the list of what we can't eat seems to outweigh what we can, but if we're stubborn enough, we can turn that around.

AND... the spirituality den is THE place for assistance in getting in touch with your faith... it's there for YOU!

Good! GLAD you're home today. I'm home, too, and I'll check in often to see how you're navigating the day.

Posts written by Pardonme, Linda1002, gardenfish and rev and FULL of kindness, wisdom, gentle humor and love... actually everyone here has something special, something remarkable, something BIGGER than MM... and you are one of those people!

Here's hoping for a better day. Can you tolerate small sips of gingerale? Howzabout some of those salt-free Keebler "club" crackers? Or... if you have a sweet tooth, I don't recall seeing sodium on the ingredients list of CHOCOLATE! :)

xoxoxox,
    Jenski

18. pardonme

pardonme Guest

19. DizzyNBlue

(((((((WeeBeeFine))))))) I had to pop in to check on you. I am so happy to see you are taking some time for yourself!!!! Sounds like you are doing much better. I hope that you were able to find a doctor(s) to contact with the info I got for you.
    Have a Tiggerrific Tuesday

20. Peanut Brittle

I just love the image Pardonme created: you, padding around in slippers with cucumber slices! PERFECT. :)