Magnesium update

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Intrepid, Jul 31, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I bought magensium citrate as well, solgar brand, but I took one pill and I got such a bad stomach ache. I would love to start taking it again, any advice? I find calcium hurts my stomach as well. I did take them both with food but it didn't seem to matter.

Are there any paricular foods that would prevent a stomach ache when taking these supplements?

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Try taking the magnesium citrate with food, perhaps by splitting a tablet and taking only one half a tablet at each meal.

--John of Ohio

3. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Good idea I will try taking half at a time. Thank you

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Good idea. Will try it tonight again.

5. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I think I will go back on Mg and work back to 600mg and not back to 800mg. I do notice without it my sleep is not as good ( I tend toward insomnia) and I am starting to have an up turn in mav frequency. I do think on 800mg I was getting a bit too spacey/groggy. The citrate never bothered my GI tract.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Didn't work for me. My guess is that I am not that low in Mg and my body does just fine without the surplus.

7. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I tried your suggestion with my calcium/magnesium/D3 supplement and so far so good. Thank you! I also take D3 on its own, but it never causes me a stomach issue.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I'm glad it is working for you, Vicki. I think my body doesn't handle any supplement very well.

9. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Thank you Intrepid, mine usually didn't either until I cut it in half. But my stomach is very finicky so I will see how this works out long term.