Lucy, I'm Home!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tucker, Oct 19, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. lil_dip

lil_dip New Member

How great to have you back. Thanks for sharing something positive with all of us. Sometimes it seems that nothing works!

Peace~
    Laura

2. Rick

Rick New Member

..first of all, welcome back. Now let me see if I understand this correctly. The only treatment you received in the hospital was valium and it basically wiped out your symptoms and made you normal again?
    Rick

3. jrw

jrw New Member

Yippee! Group hug time. Welcome back!

4. fossie3456

fossie3456 New Member

There's no place like home.....

Welcome back!

5. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Glad to hear you are doing better and welcome back

6. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

thank you all for the welcome home!

Have spent all day on the couch, really tired, but that is tobe expected. All your postings mean a lot to me, thank you all!

The valium treatments i received were only meant to be a stop gap measure. The dizzies and the vertigo will return in anywhere from 4-5 weeks.

They were way out of control for my medicine to handle. All the valium drip does is calm down that vestibular nerve for the being, allows my body to rest and recover before it acts up again.

I have had VNS on my right and a shunt on my left. They want to redo the shunt, I said no, too many ear surgeries.

Just wanted to let you know, and thanks again for all your postings.

Danny

7. Rick

Rick New Member

...Have you ever tried the SSRI's and did they help any? I've ran across many people in my travels that have gotten relief from the benzos and the SSRIs. I've never tried them nor am I recommending them, but just wondering.
    Rick

8. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

By the way--I got the DVD while you were in the hospital. Thanks! It is really great and shows MM so well!!!

Willie Marie

9. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Aww Danny glad to have you back.

We missed you!

10. ripper roo

ripper roo lisa

danny

so glad to hear that you are allmost normal ;) ;) ;D ;D

really it is good to hear that things have settled

lisa

11. pardonme

pardonme Guest

12. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Danny ~

That's very interesting that this valium drip has done it's job for the time being. I think it's all about calming down MM. I have also heard that fluids give a rapid response to all our internal systems when given by IV. Have you noticed how you are feeling in general, other than the spins? I had a friend that went into the emergency room and was put on IV fluids for a day. He said he felt better than he ever had. Never realized how awful he had been feeling. His doc mentioned something about how dehydration can affect soo many vital organs.

Sounds like you have a good doc to let you stay in hospital to give you a break from MM for a few days !!! How often do you have this done? Will you remain on Valium at the same level as the IV drip for the time being, and then taper off?

Welcome back !!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Sparrow

13. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Danny,
    Glad you are back and feeling better!!!!

Maggie

14. Leon

Leon New Member

Danny,
    Welcome back. I hope you keep getting better and better.
    Leon

15. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Danny darlin :-* So glad to see you back home ;)

Take it easy young man :D and who knows :-\ maybe you will get longer relief than expected from the IV valium now that the system is quieter

Love Maggie

16. rev

rev New Member

What, no stories about the hallways and hospital gowns? Come on, fess up :)

Welcome home D

17. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

Welcome back Danny. You've been missed! Glad that you are feeling better.
    hugs
    SherryC

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Wow, Danny, I am so happy for you. I had never heard of that treatment before! ENJOY yourself. I myself am having a similar remission due to a medrol dose pak- going out to lunch with my husband who is home today and excited!!! I'll enjoy too.....thinking of you, Lisa :)

19. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

Welcome Home {{{{{ DANNY }}}}} :) :) :) :-* :-*

What a relief!!!!!! Hooray that the drip worked so well for you!!!!! I pray that your much needed break carries you through for a long time! It's been rough for you lately! Please take it easy!

Love,
    Stacey

20. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Glad you will have some time now that you won't be as dizzy. Welcome back Danny!