Lucy, I'm Home!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tucker, Oct 19, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Hey everyone!

They let me come home last nite. :-*

The IV went very well, still groggy, but is to be expected. So that was three days, 5mg of valium into my IV every 6 hours.

It tookme a day to start to notice the effect, probably because Itake so much of it anyway. Yesterday i woke up in the mornign and WOW what a difference. The room didn't have those slow pins, the ceiling tiles went slowing turning, I had to walk daily with a nurse and yesterday you would have though I was different guy,

Eventhe nurse said what happened you are not wobbling around drifting tothe side. I said yep isn't it great!. The walk before she thiough there was something wrong with my legs...quess she didn't read teh chart very well.

It is amazing how well I am walking, no drunken sailor here! Even Jeff said damn you are almost normal...then we both laughed at that one, yea right!

I wanted to stay one more day, but the dr is going out of town for the day and didn't want to leave me in care of some one else. Interesting it was the antistesoligist....sp...that prescribed the dosage and monitor everything.

Had me on oxygen, heart oxgen thening and some other monitor, incase I drifted too far from shore.

didn't improve my typing skills as you may have noticed.

10 days I go back to dr and discuss changes in meds. He thinks that part of the issue is not sleeping thru thenite, becasue of tehbed spins and going pee from the meds.

any way I amhome, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and giggles.

Hugs all around and make those a double!

DAnny

2. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Danny...Glad you are home and doing so much better!!

There's no place like home!!! Isn't it the truth!!

Hugs!!
    Bergs

3. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

welcome home
    glad to hear the treatment helped!!!

4. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

you got some splainen to do :D sorry could'nt help myself ::) So glad your home, now heal fast and enjoy not being woke up to be asked if you need something to sleep :p

5. KareBare

KareBare New Member

Glad you are home and feel almost normal. Rest up and then do the things that you have missed out on doing.

KareBare

6. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Welcome back...I hope you on the road to a buffer in the menieres attacks!

7. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Welcome home Danny.
    :) :) :)

8. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Welcome home

9. minnesotadizzy

minnesotadizzy New Member

Welcome home.... I am glad things went well for you! It's good to have you back with us here!

Dave

10. DBE

DBE New Member

Yeah Danny,
    So glad you are home. If that walk straightens out a little more and the spinning settles into a slow spin, then heck you are going to be my newest member in my dance troupe. The group is used to me doing the "sailor dance" as you called it, so you will fit right in. Seriously, I am so glad to hear good news regarding the surgery. Happy Homecoming and to you a quick recovery !!!!!! Big Hug, DBE (Gina)

11. jagmi

jagmi New Member

Hi Danny,
    Welcome home, great that your felling better. Must feel great to walk normal.

12. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Danny,

Wow! You knew it would make a big difference and it did! I'm glad you convinced the doc to let you try this.

3 Cheers for Danny!

Tracy

13. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Welcome home Danny!

I'm glad the treatment worked.

Gwen

14. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

welcome back... glad to hear you feel "better" ...yes, i know, better is subjective.. :)

15. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Welcome home, Danny :) :) :-*!!

16. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

YEA!!! Great news. :D

17. tamarak

tamarak New Member

Happy you're back.

Tamara

18. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

wooHOO!!! Welcome home, Danny!!!

19. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Welcome back

Willile Marie

20. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Welcome home.......glad to hear you're doing better...........

Janet