low sodium foods - Galena Canning Company

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by twogirlsandaboy, Apr 30, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. twogirlsandaboy

twogirlsandaboy New Member

I went to Galena, Illinois a few weeks back and came across the Galena Canning Company. The owner, Ivo, was there and was able to help me find some awesome low sodium salad dressings, bbq sauces, and salsas.

The website is www.galenacanning.com but doesn't have nutritional information on it. If anyone is interested in trying it, I would call and talk to Chef Ivo personally and see what he suggests. They do ship nationally.

I am using the Blackberry Walnut Salad Dressing (yum!), the Black Bean and Corn Salsa and the Apple Hickory BBQ Sauce. Because he makes these personally there isn't a nutritional label, so I can't tell you exactly how much salt is in them. He and I did have a discussion about his food while I was in there and he directed me to different items that would work for me.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they wanted to try something new.