Lone Survivor

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Jan 17, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Great movie and an even better book!
    Read the book last summer saw the movie last night.

Based on a true story!

My respect and admiration for the navy seals and all the people serving in the armed forces for that matter is beyond anything I can put into words.

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I agreeBD. I haven't read the book but I am going to now after seeing the movie. We need to thank our service men and women every day for all they do to protect our freedom.

3. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

just make sure your phone is turned OFF before it begins

4. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Dolfan first thing I did ...didn't want to take any chances.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I saw the movie. Didn't like it. Too unrealistic. Facts were changed from the book and it just ended up another one of those Hollywood productions.

6. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Phillip Seymour Hoffman: the needle was still in his arm, 3 kids under 10 and now they don't have a daddy.

Pretty selfish if you ask me. No excuse not to get help, it's not like he could not afford it.

Ya know this world has a way of telling you what you are doing is bad for you, it ultimately kills you.

----- I feel bad for the kids, not for the idiot sticking needles in his arm.
    See ya Phillip.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Has nothing to do with Lone Survivor.

Other people's choices are not our business. We don't live his life nor do we walk in his shoes.

Some might say that people with MM who don't work put an unnecessary burden on their families and are selfish.

Who are they to judge us? Who are we to judge him?

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

This is my thread, I'll take it where I want.

As for mm, that is not a choice we make, nobody asked for
    mm, sticking a needle in your arm with 3 young kids is choice and knowing it can kill you is selfish IMO when here Is help out there.

As far as judging people, it is a part of life, we make judgements everyday about people, such as who we want to befriend, who we avoid. I judge people everyday and they do the same to me. Part of living in this world.