Living Near Pollution a factor?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by floss, Jun 14, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. floss

floss New Member

Do you think living in the same suburb as a large industrial strip could trigger menieres? I live in a suburb that has a nickle smelter and BP refinery. Of course the houses are some distance from this strip (which is on the beach).... and there are lots of trees and greenery....

Today I went and had a reading with the SCIO quantum physics machine... and it mentioned toxins and allergys, that I may be inhaling....
    I've looked on the net for stats, but all I can find is that testing is done and the levels are satisfactory. My friend reckons that BP throw money at it to make bad reports go away...

To be honest, it's not the first time I've wonered about only being sick since I moved down here.

What are your thoughts?

2. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I don't know I grew up in a steel plant town and was there until I was 35. It was huge, miles long 10,000 people worked there then plus we had 2 Ford Plants and BPGoodrich and a shipyard. I didn't get MM until I moved down here and I believe I got it handed down to me from my uncle and grandmother.

3. well i believe it makes me worse because I am in albuquerque NM and about 8-10 years ago we didn't have any days where it went into the moderate range but now we do and since then i've been sick every summer. when we start getting our monsoon rains in late Summer it helps me some because it clears the air.

i suppose everyone is different but i think that's what makes me sick in summer. We have lots more people living here now :(

chris

4. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

Chris,

Are there big changes in the humidity and barometric pressure during those rains? I doubt
    it's the rain itself, but the quick changes in RH and pressure that cause the ears to go awry.

Where I live it rains (or is mostly cloudy..no Sun) about 300 days a year, and what I found
    made things much worse were the summer storms that would show up, rain like hell on us, and
    then they would move off (leaving warm/damp air).

Mike

5. yes there are changes and sometimes it bohers me esp in fall and winter but i think overall the rain cleanses the air so after the rain at least for a day i will be better.
    we don't get huge humidity but barametric pressure changes during storms yes. it's just that the ozone is formed from the heat and sun and industry and cars.

we also have high pine pollen stillb

I used to live in a climate like you do - upstate NY

chris