Listening to him talk.

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by karenlr, Aug 31, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I was in the kitchen fixing dinner one night when I heard Joshua in my home office talking away, I had no idea who he was talking to so I stood in the doorway and listened. His words are sometimes a challenge to understand but there was no doubt, he was talking to himself! "OK, now go over here, no not there here, right here, YES! Good Job Joshua, no go here. OK, no do dis, no not dat dis, ok now" CLICK TADA "you did it Yay good job Joshua youa good boy" His words were of encouragement. Not why didnt' you do that or you should have done this. He was cheering himself on as he mastered something on my computer. Full sentences! Something one of the coaches told me a long time ago would take forever for him to master. Even with all the challenges and trials that may lay ahead, he is still an amazing little guy.

2. tm53

tm53 New Member

With a pretty amazing Mom.

3. chill1479

chill1479 New Member

Thank you for sharing. We all could learn from Joshua. He sounds like such a sweetie.

4. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

There's a lesson there - we should all be trying to encourage ourselves.

5. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I guess one of the lessons I'm learning from him is to be kinder to myself. I push too hard and then get upset with myself when something doesn't work out the way I wanted it to. Joshua just figures out what he did wrong and goes back and tries again.

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

bravo

7. chill1479

chill1479 New Member

Joshua is probably the best teacher that God could ever have given you. He has so much to teach if we just open our eyes and our hearts.

8. Cara

Cara New Member

Ditto tm53!

9. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Thanks guys, he is an incredible boy. We had to drop off some packages at the UPS depot and Joshua carried one of the smaller boxes up to the door. When he had handed off his box to the UPS package handler, Joshua with great dramatic flair wiped the back of his hand across his forehead and let out a wheew. The other package handlers laughed and got a kick out of him. Joshua knows how to work a crowd.

10. Cara

Cara New Member

Exactly LorrieK.......we beat ourselves up sometimes........why not take the "Joshua approach". I like that a lot!

11. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Oh, give that little guy a big hug from me! He is so precious.